• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Campbell Vs. Hutchinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was actually manager of Eastbourne United with whom he had. a 40% win rate. The local derby vs Eastbourne Town was marred by the extreme behaviour of the Town ultras, a supporters group recently highlighted in an article in The Guardian.
A man with Campbell's self described intellect should be able to rise above such petty matters. It wasn't so long ago he aspired to be mayor of London. In the unlikely event of that ever becoming a possibility he would be subject to far more intensive scrutiny than he is now. Gems such as 'I don't know', 'It is what it is' and 'somewhere up north' wouldn't win many votes.

Eastbourne Town ultras? We’ll have to make sure to batten down the hatches when those rascals roll into town in a few years.

Eastbourne Town ultras? We’ll have to make sure to batten down the hatches when those rascals roll into town in a few years.
I thought the article was a joke at first, but apparently not.

Think you will find its the other way around,but I appreciate your view

Like Lennon situation,the manager only had to talk to the player ,rather than ignore,similar to Hutchinson

You’ve been on top of this situation since day one mate, so your point carries more weight than others.

I remember saying to you that there were two sides to every story a while ago. I will say again, that Sol has been well within his rights to address the issues within this squad, as he sees fit. By and large, that has worked out well.

But this two-sided story, is beginning to look a little lopsided.

I was fully in favour of axing/dropping those with crap attitudes. Did Hutch ever fall into this category? I don’t know.

The bit about this, that irks me the most, is the one particular clique member that is still here, and still playing regularly.

It makes me wonder why he’s been given a new lease of life under Sol, whereas Hutch has been cast off into obscurity. Either Hutch had, (and still has) a bad attitude*, or Sol has frozen him out for personal reasons, which in my mind, is detrimental to the football club.

*And FWIW, I don’t believe Hutch has a bad attitude, which worries me slightly

I like Hutchinson I think he is a good player, and we are a weaker team without him, does Sol know more about the current players than myself? Yes I would think so

I think he has real potential but his first touch, decision making and passing needs a lot of work.

This season should be an opportunity to get games and show some signs of improvements but in reality I feel like he's taken 3 steps back. When he's played he's been very inconsistent and frustrating to watch. He often does all the hard work and then miss-places an easy pass.

How he's not getting more game time though is beyond me and there must be something going on. 1 nil down at home and he still can't even get off the bench. Time is be knocking on Sol's door and getting answers.

Last night, the subs should of been made 15 mins earlier and Barratt and Hutch should of come on. Sol didn't look too fussed though.

First its ridiculous to say he doesn't play him because he does. But he doesn't put him on if in his opinion he has another better option. We don't see hutchinson at training so we don't know if there are issues there. He brought Shaunessy on as he wanted bite/competitiveness in MF as he ultimately went to a 433 with Rush, Kelmenn, McL upfront. Not sure Hutch fits well into a 433.

We don't know what the issue is - we can only judge what we see- what I see is that he does some things well, loses the ball to easily (sometimes exactly where you don't want to) and he doesn't compete well physically (tackling) or in the air. And before you say he is young look at how Egbri gets stuck in and Clifford.

If he picks him or doesn't neither particularly surprises me. He certainly doesn't demand a start.

Who do you think wins this one mate. Sol or Hutch?

Neither can win. Everyone seems to forget Hutch is a young lad of just 19. Younger than Clifford and just a tad older than Egbri.

Sol can't be sacked (for now) and Hutch cant gain the experience he needs because Sol has a problem with him. None of us fans are claiming he is the finished product but as we are going down and he would hardly be replacing Lenny or Peter Butler. Then why not allow the lad some game time. He takes a great set piece (compared to others in our current team). He drives forward, shows some dangerous intent and scored 20 goals for the under 23's last season.

When you are CM its more noticeable but lets look at the "He loses the ball myth"

League 1 stats for under 21 players (10 games or more) in midfield. Thats left, right or centre...key passes. That means creating a chance for a player to shoot. Its not an assist but it does mean you create chances. Not your fault if they aren't taken.
Top of the list is Ben Wiles of Rotherham, who I guess do a bit more attacking than us.
Second on the list Is Isaac Hutchinson. He has 7 less key passes than Ben Wiles but has played 800 minutes less football

But wait cry the doubters, he loses it to much overall. Out of the entire Southend squad he is the best pass maker with a completion rate at 82%.
Out of L1 under 21's he is 3rd overall on passes. Behind Ben Wiles and Aron Morley of Rochdale but his completion % is higher than both of them.

Now I will be the first to say stats don't tell the whole story but as it stands if you have the ball at your feet and you are in a Southend United shirt the best person to pass it to if you want to keep possession is Hutch. If you are going to give the ball to any young midfielder in the whole of L 1 and want to keep possession and create a chance.....Its Isaac Hutchinson.

Of course the down side is if you want to boot some annoying c*** off the pitch then don't rely on Hutch.

Lets hope the lad doesnt get to ****ed off. Lets hope Sol sees sense before he walks and lets hope those on here and twitter who would rather ruin a lads career just to get back at his dad ( because he was right ).....Also man up and see sense.

Last edited:
Neither can win. Everyone seems to forget Hutch is a young lad of just 19. Younger than Clifford and just a tad older than Egbri.

Sol can't be sacked (for now) and Hutch cant gain the experience he needs because Sol has a problem with him. None of us fans are claiming he is the finished product but as we are going down and he would hardly be replacing Lenny or Peter Butler. Then why not allow the lad some game time. He takes a great set piece (compared to others in our current team). He drives forward, shows some dangerous intent and score 20 goals for the under 23's last season.

When you are CM its more noticeable but lets look at the "He loses the ball myth"

League 1 stats for under 21 players (10 games or more) in midfield. Thats left, right or centre...key passes. That means creating a chance for a player to shoot. Its not an assist but it does mean you create chances. Not your fault if they aren't taken.
Top of the list is Ben Wiles of Rotherham, who I guess do a bit more attacking than us.
Second on the list Is Isaac Hutchinson. He has 7 less key passes than Ben Wiles but has played 800 minutes less football

But wait cry the doubters, he loses it to much overall. Out of the entire Southend squad he is the best pass maker with a completion rate at 82%.
Out of L1 under 21's he is 3rd overall on passes. Behind Ben Wiles and Aron Morley of Rochdale but his completion % is higher than both of them.

Now I will be the first to say stats don't tell the whole story but as it stands if you have the ball at your feet and you are in a Southend United shirt the best person to pass it to if you want to keep possession is Hutch. If you are going to give the ball to any young midfielder inn the whole of L 1 and want to keep possession and create a chance.....Its Isaac Hutchinson.

Of course the down side is if you want to boot some annoying c*** off the pitch then don't rely on Hutch.

Lets hope the lad doesnt get to ****ed off. Lets hope Sol sees sense before he walks and lets hope those on here and twitter who would rather ruin a lads career just to get back at his dad ( because he was right ).....Also man up and see sense.
But what is the issue between them?

i agree stats dont tell everything and for me i back the lad even though he can be frustrating at times, but I do temper that with he is a kid as so many of them are at present, we cant expect consistency just yet.

Sol can't be sacked (for now) and Hutch cant gain the experience he needs because Sol has a problem with him. None of us fans are claiming he is the finished product but as we are going down and he would hardly be replacing Lenny or Peter Butler. Then why not allow the lad some game time. He takes a great set piece (compared to others in our current team). He drives forward, shows some dangerous intent and score 20 goals for the under 23's last season.

Now I will be the first to say stats don't tell the whole story but as it stands if you have the ball at your feet and you are in a Southend United shirt the best person to pass it to if you want to keep possession is Hutch. If you are going to give the ball to any young midfielder inn the whole of L 1 and want to keep possession and create a chance.....Its Isaac Hutchinson.

Unfortunately he is starting to have the same apparent issues Jack Payne had (of course he is not as good as Jack currently but then the team is also weaker). Primarily what formation suits him and have we got the right resources currently to make that the best selection.

A 3412 or 4312 or something that has a number 10 behind the front two would be ideal.

I know we are going down anyway but that doesn't mean we don't want to pick the moist competitive team we have for each game based on who we have available.

I don't think (or hope) that those who see his areas for improvement don't also accept he has talent- as he does for sure.

You’ve been on top of this situation since day one mate, so your point carries more weight than others.

I remember saying to you that there were two sides to every story a while ago. I will say again, that Sol has been well within his rights to address the issues within this squad, as he sees fit. By and large, that has worked out well.

But this two-sided story, is beginning to look a little lopsided.

I was fully in favour of axing/dropping those with crap attitudes. Did Hutch ever fall into this category? I don’t know.

The bit about this, that irks me the most, is the one particular clique member that is still here, and still playing regularly.

It makes me wonder why he’s been given a new lease of life under Sol, whereas Hutch has been cast off into obscurity. Either Hutch had, (and still has) a bad attitude*, or Sol has frozen him out for personal reasons, which in my mind, is detrimental to the football club.

*And FWIW, I don’t believe Hutch has a bad attitude, which worries me slightly
Assuming you're talking about SM, he's never struck me as a troublemaker (although I appreciate that you do have a better insight than most on these issues), and maybe he just needed to be away from the others in that group. I don't think anyone can ever doubt his effort and work-rate, and that seems to be something that Sol values highly. Hopefully, he'll continue playing as he has, and Sol will be vindicated in his decision.

Assuming you're talking about SM, he's never struck me as a troublemaker (although I appreciate that you do have a better insight than most on these issues), and maybe he just needed to be away from the others in that group. I don't think anyone can ever doubt his effort and work-rate, and that seems to be something that Sol values highly. Hopefully, he'll continue playing as he has, and Sol will be vindicated in his decision.
by SM you mean Macca and not Mantom i guess ;)

Macca is out of contract, I am hoping we can persuade him to stay as the last 6 weeks or so he has been back to some good form

Great post

Sack Sol to keep a bit part 19 year old ? Good grief. And get who as manager ? The bit part players dad ?

Probablysilly, but why not get either Chris Phillips from the Echo or the BBC Essex football presenters to ask Sol the question direct?

Because there’s no guarantee they’ll be given a straight answer.

Remember when we were told that Simon Cox was absent from the squad at the start of January, due to injury?

Lucky that cleared up quickly enough, otherwise it might have impeded his move to ‘Straya.

Sack Sol to keep a bit part 19 year old ? Good grief. And get who as manager ? The bit part players dad ?

What if Ron already had thoughts of getting rid of Sol, and this was just another example of bad management, that Ron doesn’t like/agree with?

I like him and think he’s got a decent future in the game, hopefully for us. But whoever said he neglects the simple pass, runs into a crowd and loses it is absolutely spot on. Last time I saw him he frustrated the life out of me as it was just a constant cycle of him holding the ball too long and losing it.

I agree. Him and Egbri are totally different players. What I liked about Egbri last night was he chased, he closed down, he wasn't afraid to challenge for the ball, put his foot in against players twice his size. His passing, link up play and movement was also good. Put a great cross in early in the game too

What if Ron already had thoughts of getting rid of Sol, and this was just another example of bad management, that Ron doesn’t like/agree with?

I just think the last thing we need right now is yet another manager and having appointed the manager a few months ago the chairman needs to back him and his judgement for a little longer or we look an even more hopeless case to any possible replacement. I don't know if Sol is the right man or not but it's too early to say he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back