• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I want a pre-season tour to Arbroath

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ERD5P03WoA0OgZ5?format=jpg

ERD5P03WoA0OgZ5

Maybe we could afford it if they stocked pies at Roots Hall?

A great train journey is from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. If anyone wants to tick off a Montrose or an Arbroath then fly to Aberdeen, train down the coast and home from Edinburgh.

Nice South Bank. Great in the summer. Bet it's not much fun Dec/Jan.
I don't think Southend could afford a pre-season tour to Canvey, let alone Arbroath.

Been, seen and done - did it on my honeymoon and got in their programme.

I'd make a case for it being my favourite UK ground. It is right on the beach and pretty wild. Very friendly bunch. Cracking chippy opposite.

When I get home I'll share some pix

Do you think the barrier in the pic is strong enough for the surge celebration after a Kelman special? H & S aren't dirty words.

A great train journey is from Edinburgh to Aberdeen. If anyone wants to tick off a Montrose or an Arbroath then fly to Aberdeen, train down the coast and home from Edinburgh.

Unfortunately, Southend to Aberdeen flights have been cancelled, as too unpopular.

Nice South Bank. Great in the summer. Bet it's not much fun Dec/Jan.
I don't think Southend could afford a pre-season tour to Canvey, let alone Arbroath.

Not the ground on which they got their 36-0 victory over Bon Accord (with at least 5 others being harshly disallowed).

saw this pic on one of the facebook grounds groups. I did enquire about smokies, sadly they don't sell them in there.

In all seriousness, I'd love a pre-season tour of Scotland / Ireland. Have we ever done anything like that before?

saw this pic on one of the facebook grounds groups. I did enquire about smokies, sadly they don't sell them in there.

In all seriousness, I'd love a pre-season tour of Scotland / Ireland. Have we ever done anything like that before?

We participated in a tournament at East Fife's New Bayview in July 2011 under Paul Sturrock. We lost 2-0 to Dundee in the semi-final and then drew 0-0 with Raith Rovers in the third/fourth place play-off.

Perhaps we should have a preseason tour of Southends A and E department. May as well get the players familiar with upcoming fixtures. They could also get fit at a David Lloyd centre. He was a good Leigh boy even if he did take control of Hull FC and not get involved with us. Huh! And some people moan about Moyet...l

We participated in a tournament at East Fife's New Bayview in July 2011 under Paul Sturrock. We lost 2-0 to Dundee in the semi-final and then drew 0-0 with Raith Rovers in the third/fourth place play-off.

My Mum's Dundonian, so I've been to Tannadice / Dens loads! Dundee Utd are my team up there.

Back