• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I think that's the logical next step Bojo will enforce this evening, along with closure of all public spaces such as parks, beaches and other attractions etc.

Hopefully it will also have been explained to him there about 5m people self-employed or contracting that need thinking about and not everyone owns a house - some people actually rent... it no good to keep saying we're working on something/looking into it. Its almost as if he didn't realise there were people who didn't own there own houses..

Be very suprised if we are still open past Friday. A lot of moaning about building sites still being open.
Almost certainly mention building sites in the 8:30pm update tonight. Nicola Sturgeon asked building sites in Scotland to close from today.

There was long queues going well past the roundabout a few directions, about an hour ago, going onto the Airport estate. Now if they were after shopping or a last McDonalds, I don't know.

But us self employed have been told we don't need to send in our self assessment forms for a year. This is no help to me whatsoever. Every time I pay myself I put a certain percentage away in a separate bank account and use that to pay my tax at the end of the year. Being cautious I always put more in there than I might need, but can never be sure how much extra until my accountant has finished.

So that tax money (and any extra I might be able to use to help me out) will now sit there untouched earning almost no interest (because interest rates have been cut) for another year.

It's very easy to provide proof of income because my business bank account can show that. However, if they really wanted to, they could take the average of the last 3 years and base it on that.

my accountant is offering discounts ... going under as self employed stop paying her

If they stop people going for a walk, taking their dogs out, going for a bike ride.. whilst still having to allow people to cram into shops for food then the country truly has gone bonkers..
one has next to zero risk , the other lots..
shop workers would seem to be expendable.. builders not so much.
imagine trying to police this crackdown. If a couple of local builders want to crack on working in an empty house are they going to arrest them and stick them in a cell ?
its easy for office types working from home to pontificate, even easier for,some of the journos who seem to have lost their marbles , even in the so called broad sheets ..

Also let’s see some real facts for Covid deaths. ‘Underlying health condition‘ seems to be the coverall.. what conditions? What ages? What previous life expectancy
We are also reaching project fear stage where if anyone has a differing opinion to total global lock down they get slated.

The scenes from a Madrid Hospital just now on BBC 1 News, was truly shocking. A long line of victims in corridors, coughing and some on the floor. A Doctor crying her eyes out after her shift. Not enough Ventilators, so they said the young will get them, meaning the old will die.

Just thought car garages will be shutting. Stuffed if you need a service/repair or MOT for a while. Prob won't be able to hire a car either.

Amazed at the number of kids I saw out today with mates, on bikes and stuff. What is the matter with parents? It's the FIRST DAY, ffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back