• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans returning to stadiums put on hold.

How did your ankles & knees feel after that? I remember it wasn’t exactly a green baize.

No idea of the costs mate, but it can’t have been overly expensive. I like it though, and as far as non-league grounds go, it’s a nice little setup, which brings the club money in, when there’s no games on. As it’s a plastic pitch, they also rent the stadium out, which again chucks a few quid in the coffers.

And as for Thurrock (or Purfleet in old money), they are gone for good, as far as I know. Haven’t heard anything about a revival, but I remember about a year ago, there was talk of it becoming a community football facility with plastic pitches.

Unlike today, my knees never hurt back then, but its to long ago to remember individual pitches. Though our home ground (LFB) just off the Purfleet road was one of the best. Nice and big but always rolled, so you could play a bit even in the winter.

Just think, if the government had a special Sky tax. Say 10%, that would be £1b over a three year TV deal...If it went straight to football, 1000 clubs could be given £1m to fund the same set up as Aveley......So in just 10 years every club in the land from level 9/10 , or Essex senior and above could be self sufficient. With their own bar function area and 4G pitches to have endless grass roots/kids football.

The down side is Gareth Bale would have to live on just £540,000 per week instead of £600,000

Unlike today, my knees never hurt back then, but its to long ago to remember individual pitches. Though our home ground (LFB) just off the Purfleet road was one of the best. Nice and big but always rolled, so you could play a bit even in the winter.

Just think, if the government had a special Sky tax. Say 10%, that would be £1b over a three year TV deal...If it went straight to football, 1000 clubs could be given £1m to fund the same set up as Aveley......So in just 10 years every club in the land from level 9/10 , or Essex senior and above could be self sufficient. With their own bar function area and 4G pitches to have endless grass roots/kids football.

The down side is Gareth Bale would have to live on just £540,000 per week instead of £600,000
Or they would just hike up the costs to the people paying for sky and keep the status quo, although hat would mean more tax collected for grass roots as well but you know what i mean.

I do like the idea, grass roots game needs so much investment.

Just one of many pieces that support the wearing of masks with opinions by experts in positions I would trust rather trust than doubt (if it means possibly protecting others should I unknowingly have the virus): https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...s-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Yes, I am sure you can find links to the contrary that quote people with medical letters after their names, too. My point is your statement in bold above is utter rubbish.

I guess you'd rather stand a chance of putting others at risk rather than suffer steamy specs. as for gagging on your own breath, maybe try using mouthwash.
Perhaps you should read previous comments (specifically 262) before coming out with accusations about putting others at risk.
Assuming you cannot be arsed to read it, I shall paraphrase it by saying I may not be in favour of masks for reasons I am perfectly entitled to have, but I do not intend breaking the law, so I wear one. Sorry if this does not fit with your agenda.

Grimsby have cancelled their game tomorrow away at cheltenham as one of their players has tested positive, this is a slippery slop

Good to see David Amess is a signatoryon the letter to DCMS hopefully their is some financial support forthcoming for the clubs. Both professional and lower down.

I’m taking in a bit of bishop stortford v Enfield tonight as I’m meeting a couple of old work mates, they’ve had over 300 fans attend the last two games so I’m expecting more of the same:Thumbs up:

It makes no sense they’re allowing crowds to non league games but not league games??

Covid is no ground hopper it has no interest in none league. It won't shop in cheap places like Asda and it wouldn't be seen dead in Spoons pub.....But it lurks behind your mums sofa so make sure you avoid her like the plague....I mean the Black Death of 1350, not the one where you have to have a test to see if you have it.

How about the surgeons, doctors, nurses and varied medical personnel who have worn masks for over 100 years?

If they make no difference, chances are someone would have picked up on it by now... and I’m not referring to the University of YouTube graduates.
Well there are research studies that suggests doctors surgical masks make no difference with virus transmission during surgical procedures but let's not go there (unless you want to). My sources about use of mask for General Public use are several (and not the BBC or main tabloid newspapers which actually give less variety of opinion than youtube) but include the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine here is a short article but yes there is also a link to a youtube video https://unherd.com/thepost/oxford-epidemiologists-suppression-strategy-is-not-viable/

This Saturday sees the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Clubs in National League, National League North and National League South are being classed as "ELITE" clubs and fans are not allowed to attend games. Below that level the clubs are non-elite and can have fans attending.
On Saturday the situation is therefore:

Elite v Elite No fans
Elite v non Elite No fans
Non Elite v Elite Home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite Both home and away fans can attend.

What a complete farce!!

Well there are research studies that suggests doctors surgical masks make no difference with virus transmission during surgical procedures but let's not go there (unless you want to). My sources about use of mask for General Public use are several (and not the BBC or main tabloid newspapers which actually give less variety of opinion than youtube) but include the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine here is a short article but yes there is also a link to a youtube video https://unherd.com/thepost/oxford-epidemiologists-suppression-strategy-is-not-viable/
Great link Stourport. I'm waiting for these epidemiologists to be invited on to the BBC......but I'm not holding my breath.

This Saturday sees the 2nd qualifying round of the FA Cup.
Clubs in National League, National League North and National League South are being classed as "ELITE" clubs and fans are not allowed to attend games. Below that level the clubs are non-elite and can have fans attending.
On Saturday the situation is therefore:

Elite v Elite No fans
Elite v non Elite No fans
Non Elite v Elite Home fans only
Non Elite v Non Elite Both home and away fans can attend.

What a complete farce!!
Meaning if you are fed up to the back teeth with IFollow, you can go to Canvey Island v Biggleswade, Maldon & Tiptree v Grays, or Hashtag United v Braintree, but not Concord Rangers v Potters Bar in Saturday's FA Cup ties.

Back