• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anecdotal I know, but a friend of a friend was infected last April, and got it quite bad. An antibody test picked up antibodies, but a second test a few months down the line, didn't. He's tested every week as he works in healthcare, and hes tested positive again, but is asymptomatic.

It might be anecdotal, but it only needs one case to prove it is possible to contract it twice.

Content warning: local mortality data
  Spoiler:  
I heard that in just one day last week there were 20 COVID deaths at Southend. Absolutely horrendous. The critical care capacity is typically 10 beds in total.

I'm sure I read somewhere they also had 30 in one day, it's bleak isn't it.

I'm sure I read somewhere they also had 30 in one day, it's bleak isn't it.
It's absolutely terrifying. I really worry that beyond this we're going to have NHS staff members who are basically suffering from PTSD and other mental health issues because the cumulative impact day by day is brutal and they must be seeing things that seem like being in a warzone.

It's absolutely terrifying. I really worry that beyond this we're going to have NHS staff members who are basically suffering from PTSD and other mental health issues because the cumulative impact day by day is brutal and they must be seeing things that seem like being in a warzone.

I make you right, we owe the people who work for the NHS so much. I just pray they get a bloody good pay rise, if they don't I'd be livid.

There is a lot of evidence starting to trickle through of people being infected twice. A vaccine will hopefully provide a more potent and longer lasting immunity

My friend works in a care home and the staff are tested weekly - there have been positive tests for some that have already had Covid - could be false test results I guess but not good to hear.

Not sure if this is Policy. Regards tests for Covid 19.
My cousins husband was in a Care Home.
One of the patients had to stay in I think it was Broomfield hospital, for a short time, less than 2 weeks ago.
He had a Covid test on entry which was negative.
No Test on realease to his care home.
He caught covid in hospital.
Now half the care home have Covid. My cousins husband is not expected to last more than a few days.
How can this happen. Surely a test would be given when they go from hospital. ??

Do you know what, that's one thing this last year has taught me, people can be animals and so selfish. It's actually taught me to dislike people and not trust them, it's sad really but I can't help myself. We're all in this together (or should be) yet people have so much disgregard and disrespect for others welbeing.

Sadly i think this has always been the case.

For years now people will randomly abuse people and be as selfish and ignornt as they can. Normally this doesn't even get mentioned and the good people amongst us just carry on regardless. All this Covid pandemic has done is highlight the issue because it's now not only just rude and ignorant but dangerous too.

Sadly i think this has always been the case.

For years now people will randomly abuse people and be as selfish and ignornt as they can. Normally this doesn't even get mentioned and the good people amongst us just carry on regardless. All this Covid pandemic has done is highlight the issue because it's now not only just rude and ignorant but dangerous too.

Some people are just arse holes and sadly as you say,Covid has highlighted how many are about. You would think people would show some empathy right now, I just don't get it.

Just getting these stories out there before Rigsby et al start pushing the conspiracy theories

Don't worry Pubey. I've decided to speak to you personally. I find people are far better when face to face.

It even saved my elderly mothers live in October. In isolation a Southernd hospital with Covid, instead of treating her for the infection she arrived with.

I tried to be polite on the phone but someone said they cant give out details, even though I have power of attorney for medical decisions. Said they didn't have time
to check it. I got it sorted and phoned back, I guessed what they would do and timed it. 15 minutes waiting and someone just put the phone down.

15 minutes after that I arrived in the Windsor ward on floor 6, there really is no security. I did have my mask on of course. It did cause a bit of a panic but once I listed their mistakes so far, which added up to corporate manslaughter at best... The ward manger and assistant decided to have another look at things.

Within 20 minutes my 85 year old mum who has advance dementia suddenly didn't have Covid and with the right treatment was home 48hrs later.

Sadly I doubt many people will have a success story like mine this winter. For personal and family reasons you wont ever hear me clapping NHS.

I am certainly not the only one who has had this sort of experience and people need to speak it may save someone in your families life.

Don't be bullied into silence by self righteous virtue signallers.

Don't worry Pubey. I've decided to speak to you personally. I find people are far better when face to face.

It even saved my elderly mothers live in October. In isolation a Southernd hospital with Covid, instead of treating her for the infection she arrived with.

I tried to be polite on the phone but someone said they cant give out details, even though I have power of attorney for medical decisions. Said they didn't have time
to check it. I got it sorted and phoned back, I guessed what they would do and timed it. 15 minutes waiting and someone just put the phone down.

15 minutes after that I arrived in the Windsor ward on floor 6, there really is no security. I did have my mask on of course. It did cause a bit of a panic but once I listed their mistakes so far, which added up to corporate manslaughter at best... The ward manger and assistant decided to have another look at things.

Within 20 minutes my 85 year old mum who has advance dementia suddenly didn't have Covid and with the right treatment was home 48hrs later.

Sadly I doubt many people will have a success story like mine this winter. For personal and family reasons you wont ever hear me clapping NHS.

I am certainly not the only one who has had this sort of experience and people need to speak it may save someone in your families life.

Don't be bullied into silence by self righteous virtue signallers.
It definitely sounds like you should speak with PALS about the process for putting in a complaint. Sadly for all of us with elderly relatives with dementia, the focus on COVID is putting a real strain on care and tough decisions are being made - including sometimes the wrong decision. No one is asking you to clap for the NHS, but this is all the more reason to take COVID seriously and do what you can to minimise its spread.

Headlines from Matt Hancock's briefing:

2.3 million people now vaccinated.
Supply of vaccines is the limiter on the number of people vaccinated,
25% of care home residents now vaccinated.
All adults to be offered vaccination by the Autumn.
46,169 cases recorded in the UK in the last day.
32,294 people in hospital - up 22% on this time last week
Seven mass vaccination centres open in England, with more sites to open later this week

Headlines from Matt Hancock's briefing:

2.3 million people now vaccinated.
Supply of vaccines is the limiter on the number of people vaccinated,
25% of care home residents now vaccinated.
All adults to be offered vaccination by the Autumn.
46,169 cases recorded in the UK in the last day.
32,294 people in hospital - up 22% on this time last week
Seven mass vaccination centres open in England, with more sites to open later this week

Good update for people who aren't watching.

How does that work for the second dose? Is it an automatic 3 weeks?
We have been instructed by PHE that second doses have now been changed.
For the Pfizer the second dose is now around 10 weeks but must not exceed 12.
For the AstraZenca it is about 12 weeks.

Their theory for this is that we will be able to vaccinate more people and then be able to give some protection.
Don’t worry about booking we are keeping when people are next due

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back