• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife had a jab last night. There's two reasons for that. Firstly, she's considered a key worker as she and her physio practice have an NHS contract and see NHS patients. Secondly, she's also a volunteer at a local vaccination centre. She was there last night and they jabbed her.

She was also a volunteer test and tracer back when that was going happening.

My wife had a jab last night. There's two reasons for that. Firstly, she's considered a key worker as she and her physio practice have an NHS contract and see NHS patients. Secondly, she's also a volunteer at a local vaccination centre. She was there last night and they jabbed her.

She was also a volunteer test and tracer back when that was going happening.
It’s a shame you have to justify that. Hopefully all good and no side effects for her.

I took my mum for her vaccination in Wickford yesterday and heard a few people accompanying older relative trying and score a vaccination for themselves which I thought was a bit selfish.

I took my mum for her vaccination in Wickford yesterday and heard a few people accompanying older relative trying and score a vaccination for themselves which I thought was a bit selfish.

Know about one such case as this mysef in France ,where as the lady concerned is over 65, (her mother's over 90) and has survived cancer and has Type 2 diabetes, I can't say I'm too fussed.

I've had plenty of patients in who have had the vaccine and the relative who has accompanied them has been offered the vaccine by the staff at the same time. Dont see an issue with that, they must have had the stock and it does have a shelf life

Depends on individual circumstances. Some children act as more or less full time careers and have daily close contact with their parents.

On the plus side, being one of the lizzard people who secretly control the world, I'm now able to control my wife's movements and thoughts through the nano-robots I had put in her vaccine.

I think the first thing I'll get her to do is blow up a few 5G masts.

On the plus side, being one of the lizzard people who secretly control the world, I'm now able to control my wife's movements and thoughts through the nano-robots I had put in her vaccine.

I think the first thing I'll get her to do is blow up a few 5G masts.
1611578335415.png

In national press today about vaccines being given to people not on the priority list including friends and relatives. It seems they should be using a reserve list of priority groups first and there is talk of both legal and disciplinary action being taken against centres and staff. Personally I feel this is harsh but there should be a reserve list which is always used first.

On a personal note my father has had the Pfizer jab back around Christmas and as he was one of the early ones should have had a 2nd last week this was cancelled on the day. Also my Mother who is ten years younger at 78 but with diabetes and health issues that caused her to be hospitalized last year on blues and twos has not, as yet, even been offered the jab. So it is quite frustrating to read and hear that healthy 20, 30 and 40 year olds in Essex are receiving the vaccine just by turning up.

I don't believe it's selfish at all, if they have left over vaccines that will have to be thrown away, then good luck to them.

I don't believe it's selfish at all, if they have left over vaccines that will have to be thrown away, then good luck to them.

But surely if someone doesn't turn up for a 9am appointment then at that at point you know there is going to be a left over a jab and that is the time to calling the reserve list of vulnerable and priority patients not friends and relatives. The only time when this should happen is if the last appointments don't show. It really isn't that hard. Also if they have time to call have other people in then there is time to call reserves and by doing so really could save that persons life.

The pfizer vaccine only has a limited shelf life. I'd rather it used on someone than end up in a bin. Working in healthcare myself the amount of people that don't turn up to appointments is amazing. I would imagine its been the same for the vaccine appointments. So not surprising they have some left over.

In national press today about vaccines being given to people not on the priority list including friends and relatives. It seems they should be using a reserve list of priority groups first and there is talk of both legal and disciplinary action being taken against centres and staff. Personally I feel this is harsh but there should be a reserve list which is always used first.

On a personal note my father has had the Pfizer jab back around Christmas and as he was one of the early ones should have had a 2nd last week this was cancelled on the day. Also my Mother who is ten years younger at 78 but with diabetes and health issues that caused her to be hospitalized last year on blues and twos has not, as yet, even been offered the jab. So it is quite frustrating to read and hear that healthy 20, 30 and 40 year olds in Essex are receiving the vaccine just by turning up.

I don't believe that at all, that wouldn't go down well, it's called common sense to use up the stock before it goes out of date.

How do you or I know they're healthy? Just because they're younger people, doesn't mean they're healthy.

I take my hate off to these people working in these jab centres for using initiative, everyone needs to be jabed at some point, and if it means not chucking it away, fair play to them.

But surely if someone doesn't turn up for a 9am appointment then at that at point you know there is going to be a left over a jab and that is the time to calling the reserve list of vulnerable and priority patients not friends and relatives. The only time when this should happen is if the last appointments don't show. It really isn't that hard. Also if they have time to call have other people in then there is time to call reserves and by doing so really could save that persons life.

I get that, but an over 80 or 70 year old person just can't drop everything to have a jab an hour after a phone call. They have to work around family and friends who they rely to take them out, it really isn't that easy.

I don't believe that at all, that wouldn't go down well, it's called common sense to use up the stock before it goes out of date.

How do you or I know they're healthy? Just because they're younger people, doesn't mean they're healthy.

I take my hate off to these people working in these jab centres for using initiative, everyone needs to be jabed at some point, and if it means not chucking it away, fair play to them.

Well we have anecdotal evidence on here regarding the healthy aged people for starters. I have no issue with stock being used up if and its a big if , other avenues haven't been explored first. Also in regards to 70 and 80's not driving and having to arrange transport etc, you may be surprised at how many do drive and are very available at short notice compared to younger people of which a fair number would be working.

Reactions: RHB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back