• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Quick update for those who are either interested, nervous or just plain wondering about the side effects of the jab.

My arm feels like someone’s given me a sly dig, but it hasn’t stopped me doing anything I’d normally do. I’ve had a very mild headache come and go, but thanks to some paracetamol, I’ve barely noticed either throughout the day.
Just had my first jab, I’ve had the Pfizer one.

How come, I've got at least 15 years on you. Not having a dig just curious.

I

My mum is a nurse and is working at the vaccination clinic. They often have some left at the end that they allow all the staff and volunteers to call in people so they don’t go to waste.

I reckon he must have slipped the doctor a crisp £5 note.

Seriously though, if you don’t want to wait to be called, you you can always pop down to Southend or Basildon hospital towards the end of the vaccine shift (they run 8am-8pm I think) and try and get one of the spare ones mate. I’m hearing that they have spares at the end of mostly every shift, and they’ll happily jab you instead of throwing it away. I know several people that have done this so far, who would have waited months to be called otherwise.

I reckon he must have slipped the doctor a crisp £5 note.

Seriously though, if you don’t want to wait to be called, you you can always pop down to Southend or Basildon hospital towards the end of the vaccine shift (they run 8am-8pm I think) and try and get one of the spare ones mate. I’m hearing that they have spares at the end of mostly every shift, and they’ll happily jab you instead of throwing it away. I know several people that have done this so far, who would have waited months to be called otherwise.
Surely that will create folk hanging around on the off chance which, to me, is at odds with the staying at home request. I'd assumed that if there was a likelihood that there would be leftovers then the vaccination unit telephone people that fitted the age band being done?

Surely that will create folk hanging around on the off chance which, to me, is at odds with the staying at home request. I'd assumed that if there was a likelihood that there would be leftovers then the vaccination telephone people that fitted the age band being done?
Yes, simple maths ought to give the answer to how many, surely not dozens, would be "free" at the end of the day and a list of persons to contact with an hours notice isn't too hard is it? Most gp s would have an idea of who to get Done?

Surely that will create folk hanging around on the off chance which, to me, is at odds with the staying at home request. I'd assumed that if there was a likelihood that there would be leftovers then the vaccination unit telephone people that fitted the age band being done?

From doing these vaccinations we do indeed have a “reserve” list that we are able to call on people to attend the clinic within 5 mins of receiving the call.
Initially it consisted of front line staff in the NHS and we have now extended it to any staff working directly or Is regarded as an essential worker.
Unfortunately on Saturday we were could not get any takers for our “left overs” so we called in vulnerable people we knew who were further down the list who were only to pleased to accept the offer and who were extremely grateful.
We have not had any people hanging around outside waiting in the hope
I am pleased to say that we have not wasted one vaccine

From doing these vaccinations we do indeed have a “reserve” list that we are able to call on people to attend the clinic within 5 mins of receiving the call.
Initially it consisted of front line staff in the NHS and we have now extended it to any staff working directly or Is regarded as an essential worker.
Unfortunately on Saturday we were could not get any takers for our “left overs” so we called in vulnerable people we knew who were further down the list who were only to pleased to accept the offer and who were extremely grateful.
We have not had any people hanging around outside waiting in the hope
I am pleased to say that we have not wasted one vaccine

Is this at Southend, Tinks? I think/thought Basildon were still accepting walk-ins, (obviously only on the basis they had vaccines left), and I was told Broomfield were doing the same.

A few people I know have had it done late in the shift at Basildon, and one had it done in Queens in Romford earlier this week without being called up (although he is a front line worker).

Makes sense if they’re now actively calling up vulnerable people first though. Personally, if I were desperate for the vaccine, I’d still try my luck.

On a side note, Chelmsford Race Course is a new venue that is about to start rolling out the vaccine en masse, so I’d expect more and more people from that area to start getting the call soon.

In fairness there’s not crowds of people hanging about, I get the impression it’s just the odd few people popping along on the off chance, which is mainly down to knowing someone who works there, who has told them to try their luck. The vast majority of the public aren’t aware of this practice (if it’s still happening, that is)

There’s army and security personnel on the doors though, so you’ve got to get through them first.

Is this at Southend, Tinks? I think/thought Basildon were still accepting walk-ins, (obviously only on the basis they had vaccines left), and I was told Broomfield were doing the same.

A few people I know have had it done late in the shift at Basildon, and one had it done in Queens in Romford earlier this week without being called up (although he is a front line worker).

Makes sense if they’re now actively calling up vulnerable people first though. Personally, if I were desperate for the vaccine, I’d still try my luck.

On a side note, Chelmsford Race Course is a new venue that is about to start rolling out the vaccine en masse, so I’d expect more and more people from that area to start getting the call soon.
I am currently working from a local PCN (Primary Care Network) hub - where a cluster of GPs locally come together from one site.
We have also been doing quite a few of the care homes too along with the staff

Reactions: GBJ
I am currently working from a local PCN (Primary Care Network) hub - where a cluster of GPs locally come together from one site.
We have also been doing quite a few of the care homes too along with the staff

Hope you will get the time off tomorrow to watch the game, even though it probably won't be too relaxing !

Has the council employed enforcement people? I keep seeing people in uniforms down the London Rd in Leigh, though it's not clear what they're actually enforcing.

Has the council employed enforcement people? I keep seeing people in uniforms down the London Rd in Leigh, though it's not clear what they're actually enforcing.

Yes, SBC has upped it's enforcement numbers.
Without going into too much detail they are carrying out visits to businesses and work places to advise/enforce as well as keeping a general eye out for anything obvious and responding to reports of contraventions; a lot of visits are happening each week, well into three figures.

Yes, SBC has upped it's enforcement numbers.
Without going into too much detail they are carrying out visits to businesses and work places to advise/enforce as well as keeping a general eye out for anything obvious and responding to reports of contraventions; a lot of visits are happening each week, well into three figures.

It's not a bad thing at all right now, people are being employed. I'm guessing it's more of an educational thing rather than trying to enforce the law which they have no powers.

Big queue for jab at Hospital this afternoon, younger people who I hope are care workers or the system is fecked.
Massimo, bit disappointed in this. Younger people can be priority cases too.

Mum and Dad had theirs Wednesday at Runwell, all very smooth on the day. Thursday they were both pretty groggy, feeling rotten most of the day, but then they have been fine ever since.

Massimo, bit disappointed in this. Younger people can be priority cases too.

Mum and Dad had theirs Wednesday at Runwell, all very smooth on the day. Thursday they were both pretty groggy, feeling rotten most of the day, but then they have been fine ever since.
The tier system has been trotted out many many times as the way the vaccines will happen, stories of queue beaters are becoming more common, for example, family and friends of hub workers getting "lucky", the type of stories that cause disproportionate unease and lead to further, more adventagous queue jumps as the same time as pushing back remaining O 80s, O 70s, care workers, vulnerable people.
Erosion of trust is an issue that ought to be taken seriously.

Good news on your mum and dad. For me, as an individual, with a jab, or checking for symptoms, or even dealing with injury or the pain of dentistry work, positive and relaxed mental approach helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back