• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Port Vale 5-1 Southend United

No, I don't think that. That's just one of the reasons as to why things are going so badly at the moment. Another could be the recruitment. Despite being allowed to bring in 14 players, I'd say less than half have been any good. Off the field the club is in a sorry state but for me that doesn't excuse MM management ability.
That's what happens when the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc choices turn you down because the club has the worst reputation in the football league

That's what happens when the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc choices turn you down because the club has the worst reputation in the football league

Have that many turned us down though? The likes of K. Taylor, Cordner, Hobson etc he'd have known from his Bournemouth days so I can't see they'd be 4th choice for example. I'm not disagreeing that players have turned us down to go elsewhere but when you sign this amount of players and only a select few have been any good, it leaves a lot to question.

I don’t disagree. But even though the Sturrock comparison has been made a thousand times, that’s where we were then and we survived without much drama at all. We would improve our reputation with a credible manager.

I don’t disagree. But even though the Sturrock comparison has been made a thousand times, that’s where we were then and we survived without much drama at all. We would improve our reputation with a credible manager.
Luggy could call on players he’d managed and who trusted him, they wouldn’t have come here without him. Our reputation was almost as bad then .. almost.

Have that many turned us down though? The likes of K. Taylor, Cordner, Hobson etc he'd have known from his Bournemouth days so I can't see they'd be 4th choice for example. I'm not disagreeing that players have turned us down to go elsewhere but when you sign this amount of players and only a select few have been any good, it leaves a lot to question.
You wouldn't believe the number that have turned us down. We've had a player that's pretty much retired rather than sign for us. A bid for an ex favorite was made last week, he told us to **** off. The championship striker that we're after I'm gonna assume saw today's result and realised he's better off in the reserves than signing for us. Club has been working ridiculously hard to get players in but thee damage is done. 1 man's responsible for that damage

Does it? When you are the least attractive club in the EFL and are forced to scrape the barrel and sign players that no other club wants is it really a suprise that not all of them are good? If it leaves a lot of questions it’s to RM not the manager.

You're right, and that's what the question should be. Was Molesley the correct appointment? It appears no. But I still don't see what other League 2 merry go round managers would have done that much better

You wouldn't believe the number that have turned us down. We've had a player that's pretty much retired rather than sign for us. A bid for an ex favorite was made last week, he told us to **** off. The championship striker that we're after I'm gonna assume saw today's result and realised he's better off in the reserves than signing for us. Club has been working ridiculously hard to get players in but thee damage is done. 1 man's responsible for that damage

Agreed only one man to blame.

The realistic alternatives were Craig Fagan and Darren Currie, neither of which have anywhere near the reputation of Sturrock. And neither of which would have been able to convince a much higher quality of player to sign for this mess of a football club.

The fact is RM has taken a punt at the last 3 managers. All of which I'm sure are lovely people in their own fantasy football world, but as results have shown they don't actually know what they are doing.

Demi collects his 7th yellow , unnecessarily for chirping yet again, described by their commentators as a "nasty niggly little player"

Judge him after he has had a window to sign some players they said , we see improvements since he took over they said , give him time they said . Let him build his side they said
We have gone backwards in the last 5 weeks , who’s fault is that ?

Back