• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only caught the back end of the story and then got a phone call but I saw on the itv news that 80% of hospital staff have been vaccinated and 67% of care home staff ... now is this the % of people who have been offered it have taken It or the overall % and not everyone has yet been given the option.

If it’s the first, that’s a high % of people who have chosen not to have it!!

What I've been watching, the 20% are those NHS staff who've had Covid in the last 28 days, so they can't have the jab until after this time.

I only caught the back end of the story and then got a phone call but I saw on the itv news that 80% of hospital staff have been vaccinated and 67% of care home staff ... now is this the % of people who have been offered it have taken It or the overall % and not everyone has yet been given the option.

If it’s the first, that’s a high % of people who have chosen not to have it!!

My friend works in a care home (not in Essex) and had her vaccination a few weeks ago (along with the residents) but she said quite a few staff there did not want to have it.

My friend works in a care home (not in Essex) and had her vaccination a few weeks ago (along with the residents) but she said quite a few staff there did not want to have it.

That is also the case with our cleaning lady who also works pt in a care home here in SC.Why she doesn't want the vaccination I've no idea.I'd ask her but my wife normally schedules her visits for when we're out. :Unsure:

The quarantine idea doesn't appear to be joined up.
The airports aren't prepared,
The hotels aren't prepared.
And what happens when, and they will, the payment is either not available from the "guest" or the same person refuses to pay?

It smacks of a knee jerk reaction, and also the countries on the list are often, for example, Argentina, not often direct routes but, often, from Argentina through a Spanish or French hub.

That is also the case with our cleaning lady who also works pt in a care home here in SC.Why she doesn't want the vaccination I've no idea.I'd ask her but my wife normally schedules her visits for when we're out. :Unsure:

Perhaps she has watched the films with all the Indian hill tribe children who had there lives ruined when they were vaccinated in 2009. Without their parents consent of course, just like in Nigeria. Still no point in having a third world and not using the children to experiment on, I'm sure you all agree.....Otherwise you would all talk about it on here.

She may well also be thinking if the vaccines are so so safe why can't any claims be made against the likes of Pfizer when they go wrong?

I have had in the last week some care home staff now “change their minds” and are asking for it and they have been booked to receive along with those in the care homes we are visiting in the next couple of weeks to complete the residents we were unable to vaccinate on our first calls.
So it seems the confidence in the vaccine is growing.

Perhaps she has watched the films with all the Indian hill tribe children who had there lives ruined when they were vaccinated in 2009. Without their parents consent of course, just like in Nigeria. Still no point in having a third world and not using the children to experiment on, I'm sure you all agree.....Otherwise you would all talk about it on here.

She may well also be thinking if the vaccines are so so safe why can't any claims be made against the likes of Pfizer when they go wrong?

In the EU I believe claims can be made - the EU did not waive liability, so must be your first option she watched a programme.

In the EU I believe claims can be made - the EU did not waive liability, so must be your first option she watched a programme.

In Spain they only fessed up to Thalidomide in 2008. The German company that caused it tried to block claims at every stage. So good luck with any legal action.

Not sure if it's relevant or not but I believe she's a Jehovah's Witness.

Another day in the office today so the usual trip through Rayleigh on my drive to Wickford.

As always seems to be the case, the High Street was quite busy with the vast majority of the people being of pensionable age and over, mask take up was around 80% I would guess.

Where are all these people going? I thought most shops were still shut?
Out to walk around in circles so they don’t go mad watching daytime propaganda about how they may be murdering nhs staff

UK signed away any claims against Pfizer if things go wrong, have other coutries done that too?

Not sure if it's relevant or not but I believe she's a Jehovah's Witness.

Would be very relevant., if you understood her believes.

You really should take the time to get to know your staff. I find peoples backgrounds very interesting and it makes for much better trust both ways....Otherwise you may well come across as someone left over from the days of the Raj

UK signed away any claims against Pfizer if things go wrong, have other coutries done that too?

I've read that the EU did not allow the manufacturers to waive their liability if there are issues.

I've also read, but not sure how true, that it has been standard practice in the UK for many years that vaccine companies are not liable in the UK.

Would be very relevant., if you understood her believes.

You really should take the time to get to know your staff.
I find peoples backgrounds very interesting and it makes for much better trust both ways....Otherwise you may well come across as someone left over from the days of the Raj

Hardly my staff.Although she's been with us for a long time,since our early days in SC in fact.Almost certainly the only reason that's she's still with us now (as an occasional cleaner rather than on a weekly basis) is that after she had her son my wife would still let her come and clean with him in tow as a toddler.Apparently her other employers at the time let her go.

No idea where JW's stand on injections.(As I said I'd love to ask her).Their rejection of transfusions is, of course, well known.

So, driving home from essential shopping at Waitrose I took the sea front route to home. Lots of people out walking, large group together taking their dogs onto the beach area and several groups stopping off at one seafront kiosks for drinks. No other shops open so obviously lots of group exercise being taken. Average age was 40 or under and the strange thing was there wasn't one pensioner on view and that surprised me as I'd been told they spend all their time walking round the streets. I must have missed them all I guess.:Unsure:

Not exactly pensioner weather these last few days though
What? too warm you mean. That must be the case as last week there were reports of pensioner sightings with snow and ice on the ground and a cold chill in the air.

So people seem to be taking the virus more seriously in general, and those 'The virus is fake' idiots seem to have stopped the with their placards. Yet still, there are plenty of brainless idiots out there. Sigh! This was 3 days ago.

A lot of people used to say that about football fans in the 70's and 80's........Didn't let that spoil our fun though did we.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back