• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1613122898981.png

UK is number 4 on the vaccines/population given in last 7 days - long way behind UAE and Israel who are currently blowing away everyone else

View attachment 14330

UK is number 4 on the vaccines/population given in last 7 days - long way behind UAE and Israel who are currently blowing away everyone else
I hope at some point we realise that it makes economic, moral and ethical sense to ensure we support global vaccination programmes. It's not a race to the finish line, we need to ensure herd immunity is achieved globally to enable us to go back to normal.

I hope at some point we realise that it makes economic, moral and ethical sense to ensure we support global vaccination programmes. It's not a race to the finish line, we need to ensure herd immunity is achieved globally to enable us to go back to normal.

Careful I had 2 posts deleted that said the same

Are UAE doing all the population, including itinerant workers from the Indian Sub Continent, or are their figures just for UAE nationals?
And are the Israelis counting those in the occupied zones?

My suspicion is the figures are not what they first seem.

View attachment 14330

Ireland seem to be well behind with vaccinations, we obviosly know why that is without going into a political debate.

The list I saw yesterday had Gib in the top 5. Being a self Governing Country of the UK It's obvious they'd be near the top with the stock pile we have.

Are UAE doing all the population, including itinerant workers from the Indian Sub Continent, or are their figures just for UAE nationals?
And are the Israelis counting those in the occupied zones?

My suspicion is the figures are not what they first seem.

I think that's something we'd never know.

Its impressive, at this rate 20 million by next weekend. The big question now is when will restrictions start to lift. With nearly a third of the population vaccinated it must be soon ?

Absolutely great news. Let’s hope the Govt capitalise on this momentum and get as many of the over 50s and front line staff done ASAP. Give it a month or so and hopefully the pressure on the NHS is eased and community transmission rates are much, much lower.
For sure.
Me, I hope to get my jab by the end of March, over 60s.
However I will still want to keep with the hands, face, space and stay alert stuff, especially masks indoors and avoid crowded places until a true safe and well for everyone is as close to attained as possible, and maybe after that to.

For sure.
Me, I hope to get my jab by the end of March, over 60s.
However I will still want to keep with the hands, face, space and stay alert stuff, especially masks indoors and avoid crowded places until a true safe and well for everyone is as close to attained as possible, and maybe after that to.
There appears to be a steady flow of over 60's already being vaccinated so I would be amazed if you have to wait until the end of March Massimo. I suppose the real cruncher on your true safe statement (which I totally agree with), will be when the second round of vaccinations have been applied to the top five categories. That could push the 'clear date' to early summer dependent on a regular flow from the suppliers.

There appears to be a steady flow of over 60's already being vaccinated so I would be amazed if you have to wait until the end of March Massimo. I suppose the real cruncher on your true safe statement (which I totally agree with), will be when the second round of vaccinations have been applied to the top five categories. That could push the 'clear date' to early summer dependent on a regular flow from the suppliers.
There are a few notable problem areas in the resumption of normal for me.
Planes?nope can't imagine getting on one for a long while.
Trains, only off peak and masked.
Museums, and galleries, only if restricted pre booked tickets etc.
Away football, not by coach.
Cinema, as above.
Restaurant and pub, early and quiet times only for me.

I guess it comes down to how we want to proceed in our lifes. I think there is two outcomes, one the vaccine works and we go back to some kind of normality and carry on as before. Or its not that effective and cases still moderately high next winter and we have to say let's just crack on with things and deal with it then. I really can't see people maintaining these restrictions for much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back