• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My other half's auntie died today, she was a nurse and got the vaccine about 10 days ago. Apparently the reasoning is that she had covid already several weeks ago and she had the vaccine dose on top which sent her into a bad state. Asks a lot of questions

A nice story in memory of my other half's aunt

I've had the call from my surgery, and at 08:46 on Thursday I will join the growing ranks of AstraZenica sourced vaccination statistics. I look forward to featuring on BBC East that evening.
And I'm done. Very quick and no side effects so far, though they do reckon that an aching arm will be on the cards for a few days. Thank you NHS and my Surgery. Roll on the second jab and then I'll be totally ready for the West Stand and all it's delights.

And I'm done. Very quick and no side effects so far, though they do reckon that an aching arm will be on the cards for a few days. Thank you NHS and my Surgery. Roll on the second jab and then I'll be totally ready for the West Stand and all it's delights.
Is the arm-ache due to the vaccine itself or the actual injection ?

Is the arm-ache due to the vaccine itself or the actual injection ?
I believe it's the actual vaccine. Mrs RHB's arm ached for about 4 days last week after she had it done. Not a big deal though she reckons, although she does base that on the comparison between an injection and having three kids!

Last edited:
Reactions: ESG
I believe it's the actual vaccine. Mrs RHB's arm ached for about 4 days last week after she had it done. Not a big deal though she reckons, although she does base that on the comparison between and injection and having three kids!
OK, thanks for the reply.

I believe it's the actual vaccine. Mrs RHB's arm ached for about 4 days last week after she had it done. Not a big deal though she reckons, although she does base that on the comparison between and injection and having three kids!
Apparently that's a good sign, as it means the body is reacting positively to the vaccine and creating the right antibodies

Over 20% of the UK population has had at least the first jab, that's the 5th best in the world, and only behind countries with a smaller population.

Thats pretty impressive.

Mrs ESG had the same 4 days of arm ache but all ok now. APP still has me for about mid May for the jab ?

Mrs ESG had the same 4 days of arm ache but all ok now. APP still has me for about mid May for the jab ?

My daughter said she felt like she was dragging her arm on the floor, a bit like one of the big apes, the next day after she'd had hers.

• Haha
Reactions: ESG
Over 20% of the UK population has had at least the first jab, that's the 5th best in the world, and only behind countries with a smaller population.

Thats pretty impressive.

To me the size of the population is a red herring. If you have a smaller population you also have fewer people that can administer and organise the vaccination programme. It's probably more likely a function of time, i.e. who has been vaccinating for the longest time.

It would be more interesting to see who is doing the most vaccinations per capita per day/week. That would show who is being more efficient. Other countries could possibly model their process if possible.

At first the theory was that the virus was spread by surfaces (fomites). But what we've found out is that actually its transmissibility seems to come predominately from aerosols (e.g. breathing it in). This is why we see a lot of transmission occurring in workplaces where ventilation is poor, and in bars and houses and places of worship, even if surfaces are cleaned and people regularly wash their hands. I don't think it's a bad thing to encourage handwashing etc, but masks are important and social distancing is important. I think there's very little evidence that fomite transmission really happens in real life. A lot of the studies are unrealistic, but suggest there is a theoretical risk.

The transmission equation is drive by:
- indoors/outdoors - much less likely for the virus to be transmitted outdoors. If indoors, then fresh air needs to recirculate
- time spent there
- proximity and number of people
- exertion (e.g. shouting or heavy breathing)

So this is why amateur/grassroots football may restart outside, but indoor training or group gym classes may have to wait.

Interestingly,indoor gym classes have just restarted here in Spain with a much reduced capacity ,30%.

On your first point about transmissision by touch I seem to remember in the early days of the virus that there were some articles in the press here about infection being transmitted from touching lift buttons in flats.

Please tell me it was me who vaccinated you as I am working out of that hub at the mo

To me the size of the population is a red herring. If you have a smaller population you also have fewer people that can administer and organise the vaccination programme. It's probably more likely a function of time, i.e. who has been vaccinating for the longest time.

It would be more interesting to see who is doing the most vaccinations per capita per day/week. That would show who is being more efficient. Other countries could possibly model their process if possible.

We've also delayed many 2nd jabs, which frees up resources to give more 1st jabs. So countries that are sticking with the 2nd jab at 3 weeks would have to put far more resources in to 'compete'. I think I get some data on number of vaccines being given per country each day - I'll post tomorrows up when I get it.

My 'other half' ( 69 ) got a call from her Dr's this afternoon, offering her a first vaccine on Weds at Benfleet Clinic on the High Rd.
They didn't say which one she will have.
My Mum had Pfizer there a week ago. Doesn’t mean all their stock will be that one of course but means they are set up to stock it (lower temperature storage needed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back