• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a few notable problem areas in the resumption of normal for me.
Planes?nope can't imagine getting on one for a long while.
Trains, only off peak and masked.
Museums, and galleries, only if restricted pre booked tickets etc.
Away football, not by coach.
Cinema, as above.
Restaurant and pub, early and quiet times only for me.

A very understandable viewpoint but one i don't share.

I think what will be done is the slow easing of restrictions for less crowded areas first (pubs/restaurants etc) and then larger gatherings (footy) later in he summer.

It will then come down to personal choice rather than the blanket ban currently which is neither sustainable any longer or justified once the vulnerable are vaccinated.

Some good signs, infection and fatalities slowing down. Some of the lessening of deaths is due to better, faster, more knowledge treatment and drugs. The infection rate is impressive when considered against rising numbers of testing, which ordinarily would get more positives?

The vaccination numbers are very impressive, no politics about it, that has been done very well and the volunteers and ground workers have "played a blinder".

AND, importantly, hospital admissions are falling with SUH to start routine, but urgent, work again.

Less ambulances, noticeably outside A and E over last fortnight.

Has the Beast from the East helped?

I hope at some point we realise that it makes economic, moral and ethical sense to ensure we support global vaccination programmes. It's not a race to the finish line, we need to ensure herd immunity is achieved globally to enable us to go back to normal.

Indeed. I have two weddings to attend next July/August. One in Cannes and one in San Francisco!

Some good signs, infection and fatalities slowing down. Some of the lessening of deaths is due to better, faster, more knowledge treatment and drugs. The infection rate is impressive when considered against rising numbers of testing, which ordinarily would get more positives?

The vaccination numbers are very impressive, no politics about it, that has been done very well and the volunteers and ground workers have "played a blinder".

AND, importantly, hospital admissions are falling with SUH to start routine, but urgent, work again.

I think we're just seeing the impacts of lockdown, and the beginnings of the impact from vaccines. I doubt if a cold spell would have an impact so soon. It could have an impact in a week or 2's time if it has caused less travel and mingling.

"Has the Beast from the East helped?"

I think so, I can only imagine more people about in "decent" weather - the Bournemouth beach gathering in summer illustrates that.

Generally it seems like cold spells cause Covid cases to go up, whilst it might discourage people from venturing outside we've seen that the risk of infection is much higher indoors in a poorly ventilated area, and in general most people aren't going to leave their windows open (as they are advised to) if it's freezing outside, it's probably why cases were generally low in the Summer despite that being the point where a lot of people were taking a liberal interpretation of the rules. I think this is just a sign that the lockdown is working, the number of people vaccinated is probably starting to help ease the number of cases as well.

There appears to be a steady flow of over 60's already being vaccinated so I would be amazed if you have to wait until the end of March Massimo. I suppose the real cruncher on your true safe statement (which I totally agree with), will be when the second round of vaccinations have been applied to the top five categories. That could push the 'clear date' to early summer dependent on a regular flow from the suppliers.

I know of at least 4 so as you say it looks good for Jim.

Have a query; the guidelines state "You can exercise with one person from another household in an open public space."

Can I walk for an hour with one person one day, another person another day?

Have a query; the guidelines state "You can exercise with one person from another household in an open public space."

I believe so, although all the walks I'm taking are with the same friend...

Yes you can, there is not a limit on it being the same person.

At least not anywhere I've read

Another day in the office today so the usual trip through Rayleigh on my drive to Wickford.

As always seems to be the case, the High Street was quite busy with the vast majority of the people being of pensionable age and over, mask take up was around 80% I would guess.

Where are all these people going? I thought most shops were still shut?

I only caught the back end of the story and then got a phone call but I saw on the itv news that 80% of hospital staff have been vaccinated and 67% of care home staff ... now is this the % of people who have been offered it have taken It or the overall % and not everyone has yet been given the option.

If it’s the first, that’s a high % of people who have chosen not to have it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back