• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Carlisle United

I know it doesn't feel like it right now after that clueless shambles BUT Col U remain catchable and a win for us on Tuesday and things might be a bit rosier for us. UTB

A new manager is the only thing that will save us now
No MM fan of recent - but not sure about that.
These are not very good footballers; an awful lot of fragility; no technique, and no speed.
Serious question: choose your favourite manager, anyone you like, how would he get five or six wins out of this side?

Only chance we have is to sack MM now and bring in a motivator and football man GRAHAM COUGHLAN........he would stir 'em up!!!
We are about 5 games too late in sacking him to get someone else in to instill some fight.... our league status does not matter to Ron thats why he is happy to carry on with the worst manager in football league history

If Colchester beat Barrow next game, we are absolutely done.
I know it doesn't feel like it right now after that clueless shambles BUT Col U remain catchable and a win for us on Tuesday and things might be a bit rosier for us. UTB

No MM fan of recent - but not sure about that.
These are not very good footballers; an awful lot of fragility; no technique, and no speed.
Serious question: choose your favourite manager, anyone, how would he get five or six wins out of this side?

Over the course of a whole season, I am convinced a more wiley old manager with experience of league football and better connections would have been able to bring in better players and at least get another 10 or 15% out of what we have. I'm under no illusion we would have struggled, but not to same level.

I think we are done now with this result along with the other teams picking up points ...I think we need another 10 points to stay up...it’s not happening....the teams above effectively need one more win and they are virtually safe

Over the course of a whole season, I am convinced a more wiley old manager with experience of league football and better connections would have been able to bring in better players and at least get another 10 or 15% out of what we have. I'm under no illusion we would have struggled, but not to same level.
Quite possibly, but my response was to the poster saying a new guy is the only thing that will save us now.
That ship has sailed.

A lot has been made of the fact that we just don’t have the strikers we need to score the goals needed to win matches and give us a chance of staying in the Football League but we are not even creating the chances that they would need anyway. I think that most of our players are of L2 standard but we are playing at a level that is well below the sum of our parts and that raises questions about the quality of our coaching and tactics. We are just not really giving ourselves much of a chance to win the points we need and now the body language of the players suggests that they know we are not going to survive in this league. It’s very, very sad.

We can't even score a goal from a "gift" atm

Back