• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Carlisle United

I just hope there isn't a "mysterious" fire at Roots Hall in the close season.

Insurance companies watch out.

That couldn't possibly happen. Could it ?

It's just so strange how poor we are in the last 5 years. I hope we gave a ground and football club in another 5 years

Col U bought in Tinsdale to motivate and mentor a new manager as they can’t afford to go down. I think that level of experience in the dug out will prove the difference in league positions at end of the season

Never won a
I know it doesn't feel like it right now after that clueless shambles BUT Col U remain catchable and a win for us on Tuesday and things might be a bit rosier for us. UTB
we are not going to catch them simple ,just going to run out of time

Quite possibly, but my response was to the poster saying a new guy is the only thing that will save us now.
That ship has sailed.

I agree; I don't think sacking him will make a difference now; it should have happened months ago IMO. Therefore you may as well give him the start of next season, but I personally can't see how he will make us a decent side

As soon as i saw the team sheet I gulped in total surprise. Couldnt believe we would start with Akinola, Ang, RHF and Acquah, with 2 of these having to cover midfield . Only 2 recognised midfielders on the pitch from the start was a clear recipe for disaster. Ferguson and Mc Cormack were always going to be over run and predicted if they are a half fit side they could walk through us because RHF and ANG are not midfield ball winners
You could argue it was either one of the bravest calls and a very high risk strategy in an effort to score or a very naive approach that risked a reasonable side easily getting on top which is exactly what happened from the outset
Team set up looked bizarre from the outset

Back