• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Exeter City v Southend United, Saturday 17th April 12.30pm, FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 49 79.0%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 38 61.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 49 79.0%
  • Tyler Cordner

Votes: 30 48.4%
  • John White

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Sam Hart

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 33 53.2%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Kyle Taylor

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 40 64.5%
  • Jacob Mellis

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Ashley Nathaniel-George

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Reeco Hackett-Fairchild

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Ricky Holmes

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Simeon Akinola

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Brandon Goodship

• Emile Acquah

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Greg Halford

• Matt Rush

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Win

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Lose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Any news from within the camp? Be interested to hear how the dynamic has shifted if you’ve snaffled any info ?
I hear PB wants as much experience as he can possibly get into the team. Probably see Halford up front with possibly Sim though hes struggling for confidence at the moment. Holmes has been given more freedom so possibly will see that as PB I think thought he did well. Tim D has a grade 1 tear so probably wont make it, but pressure is on Macca and JW to start . PB knows JD is the better RB and how that helps but was also impressed in the middle, so he may keep him n the middle so that Elvis stays in for more experience within the team. That seems to be a 50/50 one and depends on Macca playing or not. If Macca cant do at least 60 Id expect to see JD in the middle. Theres been a lot of emphasis on competing harder for the ball and pressing faster. Especially the younger ones who maybe lacked that aggression. PB wants them all to have fight in them.
But hey,,,Im not the manager and all this can be different come match day. Injuries, problems etc..... I just want the win!!!

Last edited:
I hear PB wants as much experience as he can possibly get into the team. Probably see Halford up front with possibly Sim though hes struggling for confidence at the moment. Holmes has been given more freedom so possibly will see that as PB I think thought he did well. Tim D has a grade 1 tear so probably wont make it, but pressure is on Macca and JW to start . PB knows JD is the better RB and how that helps but was also impressed in the middle, so he may keep him n the middle so that Elvis stays in for more experience within the team. That seems to be a 50/50 one and depends on Macca playing or not. If Macca cant do at least 60 Id expect to see JD in the middle. Theres been a lot of emphasis on competing harder for the ball and pressing faster. Especially the younger ones who maybe lacked that aggression. PB wants them all to have fight in them.
But hey,,,Im not the manager and all this can be different come match day. Injuries, problems etc..... I just want the win!!!

Great stuff, I think we all want it left on the pitch and a win. What we’d all do for a win hey to make the Col U games huge! Cheers for the update as ever ?

"ThEy CaNt Be AnY wOrSe" starting XI

Seaden
Elvis Kyp White Hart
Egbri Taylor Klass Walsh
Goodship
Rush
Lose 7-0.

Mrs RHB has just been reading the Echo football news out to me (I have to pretend I haven't already heard it). Its all about who will be the centre forward on Saturday and its either 'Emu', 'what' says I, 'oh, sorry it's email' she says. I say 'do you mean Emile?' 'Oh yeah' she says. She then attempted to read out Simeon Akinola's name but we both agreed maybe it would be better if I read the article myself. This bloody lock down has a lot to answer for in live football terms. If we had been at the Hall she would have been able to call them by their shirt number as normal.

As for today's match, I don't care who starts as long as they give 100%, and if possible they score more than one goal and take all three points. Not to much to wish for is it?

Mrs RHB has just been reading the Echo football news out to me (I have to pretend I haven't already heard it). Its all about who will be the centre forward on Saturday and its either 'Emu', 'what' says I, 'oh, sorry it's email' she says. I say 'do you mean Emile?' 'Oh yeah' she says. She then attempted to read out Simeon Akinola's name but we both agreed maybe it would be better if I read the article myself. This bloody lock down has a lot to answer for in live football terms. If we had been at the Hall she would have been able to call them by their shirt number as normal.

As for tomorrow's match, I don't care who starts as long as they give 100%, and if possible they score more than one goal and take all three points. Not to much to wish for is it?

Try not to patronise her too much mate, otherwise she'll ask you to multi task over the weekend and we all know us men have no idea how to do that !

As for tomorrow's match, I don't care who starts as long as they give 100%, and if possible they score more than one goal and take all three points. Not to much to wish for is it?

So you're having a chuckle at Mrs RHB when I bet she knows that the match is tomorrow !

Its all about who will be the centre forward on Saturday and its either 'Emu', 'what' says I, 'oh, sorry it's email' she says. I say 'do you mean Emile?' 'Oh yeah' she says. She then attempted to read out Simeon Akinola's name
Sounds like she is perfectly qualified for a job as an iFollow commentator.

Sounds a bit like it will be the same team as the last game then.

Just emptied my paddy power account out as it will be my last footy bet of this season. A princely sum of £9.20 is on the blues to beat Exeter at 4/1 . COYB`s

Good info ITK. PB is very big on leaders and group mentality. Not just in the team but even when they aren't playing.......In the last 3 years, surely there can't be a fan amongst us that has not noticed our lack of character on the pitch, the bench and on the touchline.

There is no magical formation or extra coaching that will save us with 5 to go. It really is down to individuals to stand up and be counted. Thats what will inspire the rest of the team......Its our only chance.

Back