• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

No my point was Goodship scored the goals at the Conference South and the level below that. Didn't score at NL level (i.e. National League) or above. Cheek is completely different he has scored regularly at NL level (indeed the question is why he has never signed for a L2 club- there will be a reason).
What the comparison shows (or suggests) is the big jump between Conference N & S and the NL (= National League not non-league)

No, as was pointed out earlier Goodship was crap at Conference South as well. He was prolific the two levels below that.

Hearing Rumours that the 2 signings are Paul McCallum of Daggers and Solihull Moors striker who is the tallest professional footballer in England at
6ft 9 inches, Kyle Hudlin.

McCallum is on a three year contract and Hudlin has a host of league clubs chasing him.

Alan Devonshire is not the clubs chief scout he’s their actual manager and I suspect he would be reluctant to loose him. However, whilst the lad is only 25 yoa, he has only reached double figures over the last two seasons.

Thanks for the correction about Devonshire.

Just noticed Crawley released Joe McNerney who I think would be a decent fit and within range.

Some other interesting names:
Our ex youth teamer Dylan Duncan who's been let go by QPR
Utility player Jamie Mascoll who's moved on from Bolton
Reagan Ogle, released by Accrington, who can play anywhere across the back line and has looked good in his spells in the non-leagues

Last edited:
Just noticed Crawley released Joe McNerney who I think would be a decent fit and within range.

Some other interesting names:
Our ex youth teamer Dylan Duncan who's been let go by QPR
Utility player Jamie Mascoll who's moved on from Bolton
Reagan Ogle, released by Accrington, who can play anywhere across the back line and has looked good in his spells in the non-leagues
Dylan Duncan would be an unreal signing but if he doesn't sign for a club L1 club I'd be amazed, McNerney would be a pretty good signing too

Alan Devonshire is not the clubs chief scout he’s their actual manager and I suspect he would be reluctant to loose him. However, whilst the lad is only 25 yoa, he has only reached double figures over the last two seasons.

According to the BBC, Danilo Orsi-Dadomo is third top scorer (17 goals) in the National League in his first full season with Maidenhead. The good news is that his contract expires at the end of June 2021 so Southend given its striker problems should look closely at this player.

Just done 2 seasons with Yeovil where he scored 34 goals in 65 games, which works out about a goal every other game. Very impressive.

I would be delighted with Rhys, the exact type of striker for this level. I even would have had him in league 2.
My only reservation would be that he played just 28 games last season after 30 games the year before. Will injury proness become an issue?

Kane Ferdinand and Jack Bridge are both out of contract. Imagine both would be keen to come back
Not sure why but most of the Woking fans seem to absolutely hate Ferdinand. He signed a new contract recently and they were literally up in arms about it.

Back