• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Coronavirus (Non-Politics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how the timings in between work exactly so would check it out!
The reason I say this is because my golfing buddy who I mentioned earlier in the thread only had 4/5 weeks inbetween.
Yet I know when the vaccine first come out they were stating 20/21 days.
Someone on here will know!
Indeed when they first became available we were admisyeri g the vaccines within 21-28 days and I had my second vaccine within the three weeks.
The government than changed to 12 weeks and more recently have again changed it to 8 weeks although the guidelines state you can have a second vaccine after 4 weeks
Hope that helps

Indeed when they first became available we were admisyeri g the vaccines within 21-28 days and I had my second vaccine within the three weeks.
The government than changed to 12 weeks and more recently have again changed it to 8 weeks although the guidelines state you can have a second vaccine after 4 weeks
Hope that helps

Think as far as Psizer goes it's still 4 weeks (was in France at least) .AZ in Spain is still being dolled out at 12 week intervals.

Son's jabs booked, had to take the 2nd one on a date we know he can't go, as it was the only option available - that or travel to Plough Lane for it!. Pretty confident we can get something sorted for the 2nd one once he's had his 1st.

Why do you insist on calling people who don’t wish to take this medicine ‘anti vaxxers’ They May well believe the vaccine is an excellent solution for those at risk, but feel they do not either need or want it.. be nice…..

Because they are "anti vaxxers", however you look at it - whether they feel it's not for them or whether they are against vaccination generally.

Had my first Pfizer dose last night at Rayleigh AMP. Was so well organised in and out quickly.

Went to book my second one online at the closest they had was Accrington on 24th Aug!

May wait for a while and see if there are any that pop up on the day closer than the 24th.

Feel good having the first one done. Feel a lot safer in school. (I still wear a mask around my class and in corridors though)

I more mean places that have lifted restrictions which has no effect on their data at all.

All our media have done for the past year is scaremonger and frighten people and now many, including people I know, are petrified of going back to some sort of normal.

Places like Texas have been back to Normal for months with no sign in uptick of hospitalisations or deaths. Yet there’s still the possibility we maybe delayed.

And to be honest I don’t really understand what delaying does. If the current restrictions are leading to an increase, then surely we have to go back a stage rather than delaying where we are by 2 weeks?

Texas has 29 million residents, compared 66 million over here. Its also 176% bigger than the UK so therefore not as densely populated. You're comparing apples & oranges and to be fair I have no way to say that what you're saying is true as you've provided no evidence to back up your claims. It may very well be, but who knows?

Texas has 29 million residents, compared 66 million over here. Its also 176% bigger than the UK so therefore not as densely populated. You're comparing apples & oranges and to be fair I have no way to say that what you're saying is true as you've provided no evidence to back up your claims. It may very well be, but who knows?

Wheres your evidence then?

I'll try and fine the data graphs again. Have to be honest I get a bit confused when people talk about population density. This isn't a dig I may just not understand it. But they've had full sports stadiums for months. If a stadium is at full capacity what relevance does the population of the area have?

I'll try and fine the data graphs again. Have to be honest I get a bit confused when people talk about population density. This isn't a dig I may just not understand it. But they've had full sports stadiums for months. If a stadium is at full capacity what relevance does the population of the area have?

Simply the further away from other people you are, the less likely Covid is to spread. I'm sure Houston & other major cities have had similar outbreaks as any other major city but there's probably areas of Texas that are so remote they had nothing at all.

As an aside, Texas has 11.5% of all Covid deaths in the US despite being roughly half way in the death rates which means some states have been more heavily hit than others.

A686AB67-2BD3-4127-9716-9AAF6DFF3452.jpg

?That was a couple weeks after Boxer Canelo Alvarez fought in front of 80,000 maskless attendees at a sold out Dallas cowboys stadium.

391E6203-251D-4472-AD5C-E6DCA6D54588.jpg

?And this is their most recent data.

*Edit* - apologies for poor quality of screenshots, they did not upload well for some reason.

Attachments

• 7046DB72-E2D5-4969-BE11-5164EE6298EB.jpg
    7046DB72-E2D5-4969-BE11-5164EE6298EB.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FF37DB36-4B6D-47A6-BAD9-218F1063F85E.jpg
    FF37DB36-4B6D-47A6-BAD9-218F1063F85E.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 5
Simply the further away from other people you are, the less likely Covid is to spread. I'm sure Houston & other major cities have had similar outbreaks as any other major city but there's probably areas of Texas that are so remote they had nothing at all.

As an aside, Texas has 11.5% of all Covid deaths in the US despite being roughly half way in the death rates which means some states have been more heavily hit than others.

Have to be honest I still don't understand this. They have full sports stadiums with over 40,000 people. So they're not further away, they're sitting and standing next to each other.

Doesn't always work out that way. London area, for instance, has highest population density in Uk but has the second lowest death rate per 100,000. Only the south west is lower.

Have to be honest I still don't understand this. They have full sports stadiums with over 40,000 people. So they're not further away, they're sitting and standing next to each other.

Again, big metropolitan centres. I'm talking about the distance between smaller towns. There are no doubt cattle ranches that are the size of English counties with about 4 people living there.

If you've never been to America and driven you just cannot possibly gauge it's vastness. I drove the distance from London to Scotland on my honeymoon and I didn't leave NY state.

Again, big metropolitan centres. I'm talking about the distance between smaller towns. There are no doubt cattle ranches that are the size of English counties with about 4 people living there.

If you've never been to America and driven you just cannot possibly gauge it's vastness. I drove the distance from London to Scotland on my honeymoon and I didn't leave NY state.

Well if people don't travel to sports stadiums in the US like here and only people locally attend then I stand corrected. But when there's been stadiums with between 40-70,000 people in it I just didn't think that would be the case.

The USA is an urban jungle compared to Australia, out of the cities and large towns it is Mad Max x10. The Antipodean countries have a fairly unique, isolation response to the pandemic.

Doesn't always work out that way. London area, for instance, has highest population density in Uk but has the second lowest death rate per 100,000. Only the south west is lower.
That doesn't massively suprise me, London's average age is in 2019 was 35.6 compared to a country wide average of 40.3, even before Covid hit London had the lowest death rates in the country as a result. We know Covid is more likely to kill the elderly so having a young population is going to see a higher Covid survival rate than the national average.

Well if people don't travel to sports stadiums in the US like here and only people locally attend then I stand corrected. But when there's been stadiums with between 40-70,000 people in it I just didn't think that would be the case.

It was only a few days ago that the Texas Governor put a block businesses that insist on a vaccine. They wont get any state contracts etc.

Son's jabs booked, had to take the 2nd one on a date we know he can't go, as it was the only option available - that or travel to Plough Lane for it!. Pretty confident we can get something sorted for the 2nd one once he's had his 1st.

Because they are "anti vaxxers", however you look at it - whether they feel it's not for them or whether they are against vaccination generally.
how can they be ‘antI vaxx’ if they are pro vaxx for the vulnerable and those that want it. ? Just not for themselves.
it’s like calling you ‘compulsory vaxx’

how can they be ‘antI vaxx’ if they are pro vaxx for the vulnerable and those that want it. ? Just not for themselves.
it’s like calling you ‘compulsory vaxx’

I think OBL explaination was self explanatory, so many people up for an arguement on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back