• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadiums at Full Capacity from 19 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely untrue. Something less than that might still get Covid even though vaccinated, but in nearly all cases much milder and not life threatening.

It’s frightening some of the rubbish spread, mainly on social media, with the pedlars receiving no sanctions despite the serious consequences of their stupidity.
According to Sky news 60% of people admitted to hospital with covid have been fully vaccinated.

I did tend to agree but did i just hear today that Van Tam said that 60% of those being admitted to hospital with Covid at present are double vaccinated?

DOnt get me wrong it is Van Tam but sure he said that
Most double vaccinated are in the relatively more at risk groups. About 25% of that 70%, so round up to 20%, might still catch it. And that 20% is not far off those unvaccinated.
So if the vaccine had no impact you would expect the majority of patients in ITU to be double vaccinated. We have a CEO of a hospital on here who has already ponted out that nearly all in ITU are unvaccinated.
So even for those the vaccine doesn’t stop getting Covid they get it it milder and are far less likely to end up in ITU or die.
So to say for 30% of those double vaccinated they get no protection at all is nonsense. And this is a football forum and should not be one of the sources of misinformation in my humble opinion

See post #147 by Romford blue including:
“ I’m a hospital CEO and as of yesterday we had half of our ITU full of Covid patients (both young and old) and we had to transfer some patients elsewhere. Every single patient in my hospital because of Covid is unvaccinated.”

Last edited:
Most double vaccinated are in the relatively more at risk groups. About 25% of that 70% so so round up 20% might still catch it. And that 20% is not far off those unvaccinated.
So if the vaccine had no impact you would expect the majority of patients in ITU to be double vaccinated. We have a CEO of a hospital on here who has already pontes out that nearly all in ITU are I unvaccinated.
So even for those the vaccine does stop getting Covid they get it it milder and are far less likely to end up in ITU or die.
So to say for 30% of those double vaccinated they get no protection at all is nonsense. And this is a football forum and should not be one of the sources of misinformation in my humble opinion
It is those groups that are more at risk i agree, but you posted it i just said what i thought i had heard at the press conference, so before you get all high horsey just remember i replied to your post. I have seen the posy From Romford blue but that sone hospital doesn't make it true everywhere, i don't doubt RB and his statement but like i said just repeated what i saw on the TV

I dont have the info, i am not a scientist, doctor, politician, just a normal bloke who heard the news and replied to what seems a well informed poster on the subject which seemed to contradict what was said.

glad you have put the fact straight

Last edited:
Football games are outside except in the concourse areas and bars etc. .. so relatively safe compared to nightclubs as “JVT” also pointed out. Did I imagine it or did he say he’d been to the footy?

But .. I wouldn’t mind wearing a mask in the more crowded areas and giving people a bit of room .. if it put their minds at rest. Social distancing at the Hall I think won’t be an issue next season!

Last edited:
This is precisely the sort of irresponsible attitude that makes some vulnerable fans fearful of returning. You wear a mask to protect others, not yourself.

At some point, we have to stop the fear. I'll wear a mask to walk to my seat and that's it.
We need to live with covid, like we live with influenza. We can't continue to wear masks for the rest of our days

Slight spanner in the works tonight for anyone hesitant/unable to take a vaccine. Passports incoming this September.

Will say no more to avoid getting chastised for even mentioning this. Crowds might not have to worry about anyone unvaccinated even being able to attend soon enough.

This plandemic will only go on as long as it’s allowed to by the people. As long as we wear masks, social distance, self isolate, keep testing for an illness when perfectly healthly and listen to endless propaganda by media and governments this will never end.

Those that live in fear of living will have no life.

It is those groups that are more at risk i agree, but you posted it i just said what i thought i had heard at the press conference, so before you get all high horsey just remember i replied to your post. I have seen the posy From Romford blue but that sone hospital doesn't make it true everywhere, i don't doubt RB and his statement but like i said just repeated what i saw on the TV

I dont have the info, i am not a scientist, doctor, politician, just a normal bloke who heard the news and replied to what seems a well informed poster on the subject which seemed to contradict what was said.

glad you have put the fact straight
And sorry for getting my high horse and I don’t mean to upset and sorry if I don’t come across at my best let’s say- my wife and sister in law work at local hospitals and I can tell you misinformation like this drives them potty and makes their already very difficult work environment harder still.

And sorry for getting my high horse and I don’t mean to upset and sorry if I don’t come across at my best let’s say- my wife and sister in law work at local hospitals and I can tell you misinformation like this drives them potty and makes their already very difficult work environment harder still.
It’s fine but i only replied to your post what was being broadcast. it is out there so having a go at me for saying thats what i heard is a little off.

I have lost family members to this bloody thing, my aunt is a Nurse and while she says it isnt as bad as VT said it certainly is an issue as they have a fair few double vaccinated cases that are not mild.

it is what it is, we will need to live with it and find a way to do so. I will wear my mask too y seat and then take it off, i will do what the club is going to ask

Slight spanner in the works tonight for anyone hesitant/unable to take a vaccine. Passports incoming this September.

Will say no more to avoid getting chastised for even mentioning this. Crowds might not have to worry about anyone unvaccinated even being able to attend soon enough.

Currently you can use the NHS App to prove you have had both vaccines anyway. I guess the actual passport will just be an extension of that

It’s fine but i only replied to your post what was being broadcast. it is out there so having a go at me for saying thats what i heard is a little off.

I have lost family members to this bloody thing, my aunt is a Nurse and while she says it isnt as bad as VT said it certainly is an issue as they have a fair few double vaccinated cases that are not mild.

it is what it is, we will need to live with it and find a way to do so. I will wear my mask too y seat and then take it off, i will do what the club is going to ask
Again i’m sorry- but if you look back my beef wasn’t with what you posted which is in fact correct and explained in other posts? You didn’t suggest that the vaccine has not effective in 30% of cases- a very different point. In hindsight I would have been posting as a separate post and not a reply to yours. Thenre isn’t room on this horse for two :-)

Again i’m sorry- but if you look back my beef wasn’t with what you posted which is in fact correct and explained in other posts? You didn’t suggest that the vaccine has not effective in 30% of cases- a very different point. In hindsight I would have been posting as a separate post and not a reply to yours. Thenre isn’t room on this horse for two :-)
lol no worries we move on

Currently you can use the NHS App to prove you have had both vaccines anyway. I guess the actual passport will just be an extension of that
No that is the passport. You can from the app also print a hard copy pdf of the passport. And if you don’t have the app you can request a copy and it takes a few days I think.
Note the NHS app is different to the track and trace app and also works on older phones.

No that is the passport. You can from the app also print a hard copy pdf of the passport. And if you don’t have the app you can request a copy and it takes a few days I think.
Note the NHS app is different to the track and trace app and also works on older phones.

Ah I see. Then myself and most people I know already have it. Will be easy enough to show at the turnstiles, either via the app or the hard copy. Not sure about kids who haven't been vaccinated, surely they must be allowed entry

Come on mate can’t stop life for ever time to get on with things
This is where you show your understanding of how it's affected @sunnydays66.
He, like the rest of us, are concerned.
This get-on-with-it schtick won't do.
What will, is a time when infections, hospitalisations and deaths have dropped significantly and a blasé disregard of fans' worries is put to bed.

At some point, we have to stop the fear. I'll wear a mask to walk to my seat and that's it.
We need to live with covid, like we live with influenza. We can't continue to wear masks for the rest of our days
Just one question: how do you stop the fear? By telling someone not to be afraid?

Patrick Vallance has said he made a mistake regarding the 60% double jabbed being hospitalised and it's in fact 60% of hospilisations are unvaccinated people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back