• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't he become a free agent soon - suspect clubs may be interested if no transfer fee to pay
Yeah I can see this happening, I don't think many clubs would be keen going to a tribunal to settle a fee for a RB that has played in crap teams for the last 3 years, especially if Elvis's agent is demanding a decent wage. If there's no compensation involved though then I can see more teams being willing to take a punt on him.

Cant believe this is going n, he left at the end of his contract 30/06/2021 i believe, he hasnt been into train be that his or his agents decision. Time to move on, overall effort you couldn’t fault, defensive positioning you could. Would have been a decent addition to the squad in NL, but he or his team have made the decision. Surely this is now an ex shrimper post?

Yeah I can see this happening, I don't think many clubs would be keen going to a tribunal to settle a fee for a RB that has played in crap teams for the last 3 years, especially if Elvis's agent is demanding a decent wage. If there's no compensation involved though then I can see more teams being willing to take a punt on him.
No the compensation requirement doesn't "expire" in that way. Unfortunately a decent wage AND paying compensation are almost mutually exclusive for an average league RB who you would probably only want to offer a 1-2 year contract. As his agent should have gently explained- although the Orient fiasco where the agent according to PB forgot to mention the compensation doesn't bode well..

Abroad for a couple of years might be his best option (remembering as has been pointed out Scotland is "abroad")

Freedom of contract - he decided not to sign a new contract so is free to leave - well not as free as he thought.

There were a lot more right backs with more experience who were really free.

Sadly for him he has overestimated his own abilities has misjudged the effect of COVID on clubs finances and been given bad advice by his agent.

He should have signed for us and asked for a release clause if we got an acceptable offer.

In this situation everyone is losing out.

Any news on Elvis? Transfer day came and went without news…I wonder if he’s regretting not turning up for training yet?

No winners here…
Real shame as Elvis always played for the badge, a rarity in recent times
I for one will always remember him dancing on top of the dugout when we beat Sunderland way back when to stay in L1

He deserves better than this
He definitely does but it's up to him to decide his future not his agent.

No winners here…
Real shame as Elvis always played for the badge, a rarity in recent times
I for one will always remember him dancing on top of the dugout when we beat Sunderland way back when to stay in L1

He deserves better than this

But it was his choice........

I still harbour hopes that he will talk and he will return to the first team squad as our first choice RB. Yeah, I rate the bloke.

I still harbour hopes that he will talk and he will return to the first team squad as our first choice RB. Yeah, I rate the bloke.
On the whole im not fussed, but he's definitely good enough for non league.

Didnt he come through in the first PB era? PB must know his attributes and hasnt been in a hurry to change his mind it would seem.

What he said.

He is equally good at right back as Ralph is left back.

He has been silly to believe the hype etc from his agent but he is young and we all make mistakes.

I hope the club bring him back out of the cold.

On the whole im not fussed, but he's definitely good enough for non league.

Didnt he come through in the first PB era? PB must know his attributes and hasnt been in a hurry to change his mind it would seem.

I think he did yes. I think Elvis is being a bit silly here, he could learn a lot more from Brown (being a defensive coach).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back