• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be compensation holds until the player reaches the age to claim a Bosman
Could be, there doesnt seem to be anything about the length of time to claim a fee in these situations anywhere. This obviously only relates to moves within England as if he goes to Scotland we get nothing or very little anyway

Cant believe this is going n, he left at the end of his contract 30/06/2021 i believe, he hasnt been into train be that his or his agents decision. Time to move on, overall effort you couldn’t fault, defensive positioning you could. Would have been a decent addition to the squad in NL, but he or his team have made the decision. Surely this is now an ex shrimper post?
Not good enough! Let me know what club he decides to sign for and ill drive him there myself!!

No winners here…
Real shame as Elvis always played for the badge, a rarity in recent times
I for one will always remember him dancing on top of the dugout when we beat Sunderland way back when to stay in L1

He deserves better than this

Didn't notice that, give him a 10 year contract!!!!

It's just so odd that he still hasn't found anywhere after so long, gone very quiet and cannot be benefitting his career very much. Odd after how many clubs were sniffing around him not long ago.

It's just so odd that he still hasn't found anywhere after so long, gone very quiet and cannot be benefitting his career very much. Odd after how many clubs were sniffing around him not long ago.
Not odd at all- simple maths- he is a lower league RB who would be signed on a 1 or 2 year contract. Compensation adds potentially £500-1000 pw over that period and the Elvis has probably been told by his agent he can earn far more than he was on.
So let’s say £1500 pw wages. Unfortunately few if any L1/L2 clubs will pay in total £2000-2500 pw for a RB in the current climate.
We don’t know the advice he was given so difficult to speculate further but the surprise would be if he or his agent were surprised

Whilst i dont blame him for looking higher with his career, maybe he should have known which side his bread was buttered.

I find this all very sad. His agent should be binned off.
You are correct of course, but sadly this is the game today, agents and agents bringing supposed money to their client and themselves.

My old next door neighbours son is on the academy at Southend, was playing with Kenny Coker last season before he moved over the summer. He told me that an agent signed up his son at 14 and said no matter who comes in stay at southend for the time being, as he will play and get noticed more playing here than for maybe a bigger club. That makes sense, but he also said lets look at it again when he gets to 16 / 17 And then maybe a move would make sense financially and playing wise. So to me that seems that it is a plan to get these kids to a certain age and then look at whats about. As for Kenny apparently his agent was speaking to a number of clubs when he was 15, the surprise was he stayed as long as he did, but at least the club got some money for him from Norwich, Forest were literally trying to literally take him for very little at an earlier age.

You are correct of course, but sadly this is the game today, agents and agents bringing supposed money to their client and themselves.

My old next door neighbours son is on the academy at Southend, was playing with Kenny Coker last season before he moved over the summer. He told me that an agent signed up his son at 14 and said no matter who comes in stay at southend for the time being, as he will play and get noticed more playing here than for maybe a bigger club. That makes sense, but he also said lets look at it again when he gets to 16 / 17 And then maybe a move would make sense financially and playing wise. So to me that seems that it is a plan to get these kids to a certain age and then look at whats about. As for Kenny apparently his agent was speaking to a number of clubs when he was 15, the surprise was he stayed as long as he did, but at least the club got some money for him from Norwich, Forest were literally trying to literally take him for very little at an earlier age.
We only signed Kenny at the age of 15 from outside the Academy set-up (Billericay Town); he was only with us for two seasons, disrupted by Covid, during which time he made his first-team debut and spent a fair amount of time with the first team rather than his age groups. It was a similar route for Charlie Kerman, who had been with AFC Hornchurch until he was 15. I don’t think we can complain about their agents’ roles in their careers (and I’m not suggesting you are, by the way).

Academy recruitment is crucial, and what’s happened with both of those players moving up the pyramid, shows that it can benefit us, as well as the players’ development. Of course, it’s also great when a young player that’s been with us since 9/10 like Oli Coker, Tom Clifford or Lewis Gard breaks through into the senior ranks.

Elvis is somewhere in-between. He was 14 when he was released by QPR, so he’d come from another Academy set-up. He’s developed with us over eight seasons, and I find it very sad to see the situation he is in now. Here’s someone that always gave his all playing for Southend and, although I have no idea what he was being paid, it’s safe to suggest he wasn’t one of our biggest earners. He took a real lead on the pitch at the end of 2019/20 when the squad was flooded with youngsters whilst at a tender age himself. He should be playing, and enjoying, his football somewhere. And if Brown is considering Demetriou in the centre of midfield with Dunne and Ogogo out, he’d’ve been perfect for that right wing-back position tomorrow.

We only signed Kenny at the age of 15 from outside the Academy set-up (Billericay Town); he was only with us for two seasons, disrupted by Covid, during which time he made his first-team debut and spent a fair amount of time with the first team rather than his age groups. It was a similar route for Charlie Kerman, who had been with AFC Hornchurch until he was 15. I don’t think we can complain about their agents’ roles in their careers (and I’m not suggesting you are, by the way).

Academy recruitment is crucial, and what’s happened with both of those players moving up the pyramid, shows that it can benefit us, as well as the players’ development. Of course, it’s also great when a young player that’s been with us since 9/10 like Oli Coker, Tom Clifford or Lewis Gard breaks through into the senior ranks.

Elvis is somewhere in-between. He was 14 when he was released by QPR, so he’d come from another Academy set-up. He’s developed with us over eight seasons, and I find it very sad to see the situation he is in now. Here’s someone that always gave his all playing for Southend and, although I have no idea what he was being paid, it’s safe to suggest he wasn’t one of our biggest earners. He took a real lead on the pitch at the end of 2019/20 when the squad was flooded with youngsters whilst at a tender age himself. He should be playing, and enjoying, his football somewhere. And if Brown is considering Demetriou in the centre of midfield with Dunne and Ogogo out, he’d’ve been perfect for that right wing-back position tomorrow.
That maybe the case, but the guy who lived next door said form the age of 15 his agent was exploring higher league clubs for a move.

That maybe the case, but the guy who lived next door said form the age of 15 his agent was exploring higher league clubs for a move.
I’m not sure we’re disagreeing here. Agents will look at what’s available when a player is 15/16, before they sign a scholarship, because there are set compensation fees under the EPPP. Once a player has signed a scholarship, it’s referred to a tribunal, and the cost to the buying club can then rise (although if you have numerous clubs in a ‘bidding war’ then that can happen anyway).

I’d suggest that’s exactly why goalkeeper George Murray-Jones moved to Manchester City in the summer. If he’d’ve started his scholarship here, there’s every chance he might’ve been on the first-team bench later in the season, or even maybe played in The FA Trophy, and that would push the fee up (unless we’re in a fire-sale period).

My point was only that Kenny joined at 15, so if the information your neighbour has provided is correct, his agent was looking to move him on then, he’d been with us for a period of weeks or months, and it’s not like we’ve spent thousands of pounds on his development.

I’m not sure we’re disagreeing here. Agents will look at what’s available when a player is 15/16, before they sign a scholarship, because there are set compensation fees under the EPPP. Once a player has signed a scholarship, it’s referred to a tribunal, and the cost to the buying club can then rise (although if you have numerous clubs in a ‘bidding war’ then that can happen anyway).

I’d suggest that’s exactly why goalkeeper George Murray-Jones moved to Manchester City in the summer. If he’d’ve started his scholarship here, there’s every chance he might’ve been on the first-team bench later in the season, or even maybe played in The FA Trophy, and that would push the fee up (unless we’re in a fire-sale period).

My point was only that Kenny joined at 15, so if the information your neighbour has provided is correct, his agent was looking to move him on then, he’d been with us for a period of weeks or months, and it’s not like we’ve spent thousands of pounds on his development.
I was speaking to my then neighbour around half way thru the season, the club wanted him to extend for a further year as in make it a 3 years and Kenny/agent only wanted 2 from when he signed. What I took was they we’re looking to move him on at the end of the year of they could so to speak. BUt like you say i do not think we are disagreeing far form it in fact

That's somewhat harsh on the Club. My view is.that it is the Agents who do the "ripping" off.

Does anyone actually know his agent? Ever dealt with him or spoken to him? Anyone actually dealt
directly with an agent in any form whatsoever?

There seems to be a very universal assumption that this was all driven by a greedy agent which comes very much from the media driven Simon Jordan book of what agents do.

Maybe it’s worth considering that it’s possible Elvis’s reluctance to play ball with Southend may come from a very personal unhappiness with how the club played ball with him? We have no idea what conversations took place and what ‘gentleman’s agreements’ were discussed when Elvis extended his contract previously…..

Of course Gentleman’s agreements are only worth the paper they’re written on which may be where a problem exists….

Does anyone actually know his agent? Ever dealt with him or spoken to him? Anyone actually dealt
directly with an agent in any form whatsoever?

There seems to be a very universal assumption that this was all driven by a greedy agent which comes very much from the media driven Simon Jordan book of what agents do.

Maybe it’s worth considering that it’s possible Elvis’s reluctance to play ball with Southend may come from a very personal unhappiness with how the club played ball with him? We have no idea what conversations took place and what ‘gentleman’s agreements’ were discussed when Elvis extended his contract previously…..

Of course Gentleman’s agreements are only worth the paper they’re written on which may be where a problem exists….
As you posted this back in May....

Trust me, he’ll have offers. And if he has any sense he’ll pull whatever trick he has to pull to get out of the football club and at 23 get back to focussing on his own progress and his own ambitions rather than sitting quiet, helping others and putting up with the some of the ****e he’s had to put up with for the last 18 months.

I wonder if you're his agent Ollie ? ? :Hilarious:

It's a damn shame its worked out like this both for us (fans) and the player. Hopefully resolves for the player soon. Always seemed like a good bloke and a decent player. Seems a flaw in the system that non triers get their wages week in and out for the duration of a contract and a lad like Elvis gets to the end of a contract and is a hostage to a compensation clause and gets paid nothing and left in the wilderness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back