• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

Maybe if we had a progressive manager and not old school kick it long huff and puff we might find it enjoyable even if we lose. Our previous manager didn’t look so bad after all. He needs to go otherwise it’s conference south

Well that doesn't make a lot of sense at all. So you'd like to see good football and still lose? It doesn't matter what style of football you play, if you lose - you lose.

This has got the same feel about it as just before PB was sacked first time around. Players being named and shamed in the media by PB, fans already fed up with watching his brand of football. Saturday's just aren't fun any more....it's a chore to either go and watch or listen on the radio.
I said at the time we were taking a step back by hiring him again.
He showed no ambition to win that game today with his starting line up and its come back to bite him.
He bangs on about mentality. How about recruiting some more quality rather than three 30 year old + plodders who don't have a creative bone in their body?
He's signed two excellent strikers but has given no thought as to who is going to supply them with the chances they need.

This can't go on. We've got 2 weeks now to sort something out. I say give Craig Fagan a chance to show what he can do on his own and take things from there.

Six goals in seven games and one of those sounded like a consolation fluke against Aldershot. We seemed better at the back today but with that goal scoring potency we need to be absolutely watertight................which we ain't. You could almost accept the stunningly boring style of play if we were, at least, grinding out results. We're not. Is Ron starting to think, "should I allow this man to bring in more players?"

We've been out and about and busy this afternoon. I had the game on in the car for about 25 minutes whilst driving but after that radio silence. I've checked the result now we've come in and my immediate thought was 'bugger', but weirdly, not really listening to the game on the radio and not participating in the match thread, I feel far less angst than I would otherwise have done. Maybe that tells me something?
I'm beginning to have similar feelings. I still remember my excitement of moving into a town with a League club in 1968. I never imagined we would end up in the National League. The combination of relegation, the pandemic and the passing of my match day mate of the last 24 years has left me wondering if I'm better off without the stress of this season.

What can you say..

I've been thinking about this over the last couple of weeks, I really don't think it matters what manager we have or formation/players, we're just a broken football club from top to bottom.
Unfortunately that is so true ?

Glenn Pennyfather speaks so much sense why PB will not include Akinola is criminal. We are awful back to front. We are old slow and talentless without quality. Akinola scored 15 in this league for Barnet and yet PB is such a prat he makes him train with the youth. God awful management

I can see that happening after this result.
Oh pleaseeee! He is actually more clueless on winning football games than Molesley.
Pennyfather telling it exactly as it is….he wants a bore draw every week and he has got no pace in the team except a bloke that he has taken a dislike to….Akinola.
The man is a bitter and twisted old man that needs outing NOW!

I cant work out if we are 2 or 3 creative winger/midfielders away from being an ok team.

Its like last year we were missing the attackers and this year the midfielders..

Or if its too late, morale is on the floor, nowones responding to Browns methods and ron isnt going to sign anyone?

This isn't the club that I have supported home and away since 1974....it is just a name now. It used to ruin my whole weekend when we lost because us fans and team had battled to win as one and there was a collective feeling of guttedness if we lost.........now we actually dont deserve to win, so it is hard to get too upset.
I would rather support a team COMPETING in the Essex senior league than this embarassment(sp).
Up the Blues!

We haven’t got a game now for two weeks. By the time we play again, we could be in the relegation zone of the national league. That’s how far this football club continues to fall. The blame rests firmly on one mans shoulders. Ron Martin, it’s time for you to ****ing go.
Been saying this for a long time but everyone seems to be against a protest to get him out

Yes let’s sack PB and pay off his 2 year contract just so we can hire, sack and pay off the next manager in 3 months time.

Have people not learnt their lesson? Powell, Bond, Waddock, Campbell, Molesley, and Brown have all failed to turn this club round and people still think the situation is the manager’s fault.

Back