• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

Atkinson and the QPR Acquah has said it all to me…..send Brown back to India, about his level. Kargbo fouled twice, misplaced pass andfell over, and Akinola and ANG can’t get a game…..this loser Brown must go before it’s too late!

Another goal conceded from the wing/wide area..

It’s funny, it’s almost as if the formation with 3 at the back with wing backs pushing forward does not work and leaves loads of space in behind for the opposition to play a ball in behind and square it across our box to an empty net..

4-4-2 keeps a solid line of players at the back which stops the ball playing in behind our wide areas but still allows our left and right midfielders to do the attacking..

Unless Brown can surrender to his own stubbornness and understand that his football philosophy is dead and doesn’t work we can write our season off now.

If we don’t go back to 4-4-2 next game against Solihull I really don’t think I can afford to ruin another weekend watching this sad excuse for a professional football club.

We've been out and about and busy this afternoon. I had the game on in the car for about 25 minutes whilst driving but after that radio silence. I've checked the result now we've come in and my immediate thought was 'bugger', but weirdly, not really listening to the game on the radio and not participating in the match thread, I feel far less angst than I would otherwise have done. Maybe that tells me something?
Tbh these days im using it as an excuse to get a bit of time to myself on a saturday. Today i sorted out the cupboard in my music studio. And cleaned my desk. Was more exciting then listening.

I cant work out if we are 2 or 3 creative winger/midfielders away from being an ok team.

Its like last year we were missing the attackers and this year the midfielders..

Or if its too late, morale is on the floor, nowones responding to Browns methods and ron isnt going to sign anyone?
I agree. I think we are two or three players short of an okay team. I happen to think we already have them at the club too.

Abysmal just abysmal. Old players past their sell by date. Slow and talentless. Atkinson couldn't get a club for 2 years and we take him on. Offers nothing. PB takes off our most talented player, Bridge. The guy is absolutely clueless and RM must be rubbing his hands as it appears we haven't long left. I will be surprised if there is a SUFC come the end of this season. Our scouting system must be absolutely abysmal as all other teams realise you need pace and fitness to get out of this division and all we do is employ a manager who is really now out of touch and sign geriatrics. RD has moved to Director of Football but for what purpose? What actually does he now do? He I believe had the end say in letting Ricky Holmes go and quite truthfully what I'd give to have someone of his quality here now. We let him go and sign Atkinson which is absolutely criminal.
If RM is in charge at the end of the season I'll be surprised if we still have a club.
I don't think their goalkeeper had a save to make. Absolutely aw

A 34 year old, injury prone player who can't run and had to drop down 3-4 league is not the answer to our problems. Imagine Holmes playing as a wing back in this system, he would have been done 20 minutes into the season.
I understand with Ralph out Egbri will be backing up Coulson and covering centre halves on the back post

Think we might need all the help we can get now.
It was reported that Dave Webb has offered to help the club in its lower league battle. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
We know Stan Colli has offered to help the club, if even he just trys and improve the clubs name in the media to bring in players of some repute. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
Steve Tilson, I know there are some not liking his second appointment, but right now beggars cant be choosers. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
The common denominator here is all these 3 people love Southend United and have offered their help to save the club. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE ALL THEM.
BUT Ron Martin has now turned all these 3 people down. RIGHT WE WONT HAVE THEM.
WHY !!! What is rons adgender now.
We need as much help as possible and ron is turning them all away.

Think we might need all the help we can get now.
It was reported that Dave Webb has offered to help the club in its lower league battle. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
We know Stan Colli has offered to help the club, if even he just trys and improve the clubs name in the media to bring in players of some repute. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
Steve Tilson, I know there are some not liking his second appointment, but right now beggars cant be choosers. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
The common denominator here is all these 3 people love Southend United and have offered their help to save the club. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE ALL THEM.
BUT Ron Martin has now turned all these 3 people down. RIGHT WE WONT HAVE THEM.
WHY !!! What is rons adgender now.
We need as much help as possible and ron is turning them all away.
Because we are nothing but a mere obstacle in his way.

Back