• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

I wish it was....... Have you been following the previos 3 seasons?

Yep the last 60 seasons - it's heart breaking. Sadly Brown has just signed players on past reputation - we're lumbered with them and boy are they lumbering. He still believes that character is more important then football ability. The players he signed are no longer athletic enough to compete.

Perfectly savable game that. Their goal had been coming since halfway through the second half. We had tired legs in midfield and brown did nothing to address it. Whether you like Ferguson or you don’t, he would’ve had a role to play today. Where is Phillips? Why couldn’t Demetriou Have played the last 15 minutes in the middle?
Even more baffling when you consider Ogogo was coming back from a hammy. To not have backup for the oldest and least mobile central midfield is absolutely criminal.

Brown's alienation of players signed by the previous manager is starting to look so petty.

Think we might need all the help we can get now.
It was reported that Dave Webb has offered to help the club in its lower league battle. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
We know Stan Colli has offered to help the club, if even he just trys and improve the clubs name in the media to bring in players of some repute. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
Steve Tilson, I know there are some not liking his second appointment, but right now beggars cant be choosers. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE HIM.
The common denominator here is all these 3 people love Southend United and have offered their help to save the club. RIGHT WE WILL HAVE ALL THEM.
BUT Ron Martin has now turned all these 3 people down. RIGHT WE WONT HAVE THEM.
WHY !!! What is rons adgender now.
We need as much help as possible and ron is turning them all away.
Of course he will..that total lying prick Martin is only interested in the roots Hall site and his deals he spins ..funny how fossets farm never happens don't you think ...I totally believe Martin wants OUR club to die

Blimey and to think all most of us wanted this season was to avoid being in another relegation fight. I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting promotion but equally I wasn’t expecting us to be this bad. I’d have settled for mid-table but even that’s looking optimistic right now. I genuinely don’t think we’ll go down again, although I’m not as certain as I was. I’ll also be honest about Brown. I thought he’d be good for us, put a rocket where it was needed, pull us up by the bootstraps etc. It’s not happening. We can’t wait until the season is nearly over again before doing something about it. Things have to be better by the end of October or he has to go. The squad we have is not as bad as the results we’re getting, it has to be bad management, bad tactics, and lack of motivation.

Lets face it, this is what Ron wants. I think he'd be more than happy if we slid down another league. It will reduce his out goings even more. The covenant states that the team has to have some where to play, it doesn't say what division. If we want Ron gone I can see only two options. The council pull the plug on his stadium dream leaving him with a huge debt and needing to off load. Or fans boycotting home games and hitting him there financially. Both very very risky.

Didn't even bother listening to today game as I knew we would lose! It's not good enough anymore...... fans will blame the manager and fair enough he has to take the fair share of criticism. Personally I think it runs deeper than the manager. Martin is the problem! Under his watch we had back to back relegation and it's looking desperate again. We can't sign younger players with any quality even in this league due to are poor reputation throughout the game, so we end up having to settle for old pony players with an injury record who come here for last pay day.

Doesn't matter if we have kloop, Guardiola or tochel we would still be ****! Until Martin goes we will continue to be ****!

Trouble its impossible. There's too much debt mortgaged against the potential development. Any one coming in would have to partner him - who would be that foolish.....
The point here is he won't let anybody else in. He said so in the last Zoom meeting. He has had lots of offers and turned them all down.

Oh my if you were a Southend fan and had been in a coma for 3 years you would never believe we were now 19th in the National League and looking a good bet to be relegated to the National League South.

The downward spiral and rot continues....trying to steady a sinking ship and turn the tide is so hard, everyone blaming the chairman, Manager, Scouts, Players, Tactics....but everyone has been saying this for the last 3 years!

For me whatever we think of Brown and the signings we need to get behind them, hope the tactics change, players gel more and we are able to get some new additions. More change and more disruption I genuinely believe is not the answer.

How low can we go!

what a fascinating situation....

is promotion still possible

if we had held on for a point ... would the hysteria be abated

i dont thnk it is too serious ............................. yet

Lets face it, this is what Ron wants. I think he'd be more than happy if we slid down another league. It will reduce his out goings even more. The covenant states that the team has to have some where to play, it doesn't say what division. If we want Ron gone I can see only two options. The council pull the plug on his stadium dream leaving him with a huge debt and needing to off load. Or fans boycotting home games and hitting him there financially. Both very very risky.
Sadly i think you are correct there. He will love conference south and below outgoings. Rather minimal compared to our league 1 outgoings a couple of years ago

I listened on the radio today and if honest am glad I didn't make that long trip there and back so hats off to those that did.
We are certainly in freefall here and when is it going to stop?

Again if honest I really didn't think we would win the league this season but I truly thought we would be up there fighting.

I am lost for words - I really am

Back