• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron in court.

I think the opposite, every one is very aware
Health
Time
Finance

it will have an impact on the above points and therefore will have an impact on the stadium and club. How big an impact none of us can say

Anyone have the slightest clue what happens to the club if Ron goes down
Not much but guessing.
Ron's assets are in his wife's or family names so they will be safe.
Companies are split so liabilities aren't shared.

If Ron gets porridge then he will be able to either distance manage or hand over the running.
If he gets ordered to pay huge sums back then he likely will either do that from unknown funds or have to sell off stuff, or do a few more years stir.

Life is too short for all that surely?

I totally disagree. Anything like this muddies the waters of SUFC, because articles in the press start with "Southend United chairman....", and if he was to put inside, are their any contingency plans of who operates negotiations in his absense ?
Just like the gutter press its got nothing to do with Southend united .but the press love to paint a picture of doom .

Just like the gutter press its got nothing to do with Southend united .but the press love to paint a picture of doom .
Are you kidding. If this goes further (and I don’t know that) then it’s perfectly possible Mr Martin will have his assets frozen pending an outcome. Now will that include the football club or not?

View attachment 17315
I know it looks like it's out of that **** rag, but just saw this posted on Twitter.
To demonstrate the lack of information all around (and therefore masses of speculation to fill the gaps) the paper talks about failing to pay VAT on two land sales. This is confusing given as a rule land sales are actually exempt from VAT. In most cases developers will not be liable to any VAT on land sales.

It appears however the rules have become increasing complicated and open to confusion which is why yet another consultation is going on about trying to simplify them.

Looks to me Ron in lot of trouble! Cases wouldn't go to crown court if it wasn't serious.... hope for Ron sake he got good legal team representing him, as he will need it. if found guilty he could be looking at jail time. God knows what will happen to the club if Ron gets found guilty and sent down. Crazy stuff.
Have a hunch ill-health will be cited if it does come down to sentencing.

To demonstrate the lack of information all around (and therefore masses of speculation to fill the gaps) the paper talks about failing to pay VAT on two land sales. This is confusing given as a rule land sales are actually exempt from VAT. In most cases developers will not be liable to any VAT on land sales.

It appears however the rules have become increasing complicated and open to confusion which is why yet another consultation is going on about trying to simplify them.

If the company elected to tax , Vat would be payable but I can’t see a reason why they would have elected. The company wasn’t doing the development.

But that won't stop the charges being fulfilled as you can't just say "oops sorry about that and here's the missing millions"
From what I can see a lot of the successful prosecutions have been against bigger firms and although involved individual Directors they have put in a Guilty plea but the deal negotiated was about pay back, sometimes over a period of time, but I doubt that Ron and Geoff can reach into the back pocket for £5m

From what I can see a lot of the successful prosecutions have been against bigger firms and although involved individual Directors they have put in a Guilty plea but the deal negotiated was about pay back, sometimes over a period of time, but I doubt that Ron and Geoff can reach into the back pocket for £5m
the rent he will charge SUFC for fossetts he will have it in no time

I am in two, or three mind sets over this.

RM and Mr King may have cheated tax man, so in effect they have cheated the tax paying public, you and me.
Then again I suspect many small to medium size companies "cheat" the tax payer as much as they can, while huge companies, such as Amazon, just get mega cute and make no bones about paying as little as they can and **** everyone.

Was the Blair's recent publicised property dealing via Caymen Island companies etc anything other than clever cheating?

And the dealing of RM years ago, in the west of England are NOT anything to do with SUFC are they, except he holds the whiphand over both?
Yes very true, but the the big £5m was just 2 years ago and the other one in Essex only 5 years ago

Oh FFS!!!!! Is all I can say....
Just makes you realise how many spanners there are in his works, how many things in the closet that fall out everytime someone opens it.
In the same way Im thinking about it now, (whether it will affect southend in any way -not sure how it cant), will be how a prospective player, physio, or any other prospective employee will think about it. Not to mention local businesses who might be considering doing business or sponsorships with the club (RM) in future.

Back