• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid - possible impact on football?

Seems to be a lot more places you can get your jabs now. When I first got mine I had to travel about 15 miles and I was booked in about 2/3 weeks in advance.

I got my booster jab at Tescos in Pitsea. Booked on Friday 10/12 and for the following Monday. Literally in and out in minutes.

The question is is someone classed as an anitvaxxer for simply asking the question after being promised two vaccines was the way out, vaccinate the vulnerable and 15 million jabs to freedom for months they are now being told it's 3 and you have to show proof of it to partake in some forms of society. You're not a raving Piers Corbyn loony for simply asking the question you told me 2 was enough but why is it now 3?

I don’t want to sound condescending, so apologies if it comes across that way, but to me it seems the issue here was believing the words of a man who is incapable of brushing his own hair.

People were desperate for a way out, or at the very least some light at the end of the tunnel, and instead of telling people the truth, that they didn’t know how and when this would end, we were told something that was simply impossible to predict at the time. Why? Because it was easier to quell the rising tensions with a trademark sound byte, rather than risk making themselves look incompetent in a situation that they couldn’t control. Self-service 101.

The world’s virologists & epidemiologists all warned us about this, but sadly they were ridiculed and labelled as doom mongers by certain sections of society which includes The Government and the press.

I mean, sure, I could be the one who’s wrong here, but “Freedom” day seems a long long time ago now, doesn’t it?

I don’t want to sound condescending, so apologies if it comes across that way, but to me it seems the issue here was believing the words of a man who is incapable of brushing his own hair.

People were desperate for a way out, or at the very least some light at the end of the tunnel, and instead of telling people the truth, that they didn’t know how and when this would end, we were told something that was simply impossible to predict at the time. Why? Because it was easier to quell the rising tensions with a trademark sound byte, rather than risk making themselves incompetent in a situation that they couldn’t control. Self-service 101.

The world’s virologists & epidemiologists all warned us about this, but sadly they were ridiculed and labelled as doom mongers by certain sections of society which includes The Government and the press.

I mean, sure, I could be the one who’s wrong here, but “Freedom” day seems a long long time ago now, doesn’t it?

The problem is, the man is a pleaser. Everyone knows it's going pear shaped big time, all the scienists are saying it too.

Football matches are being called off left right and centre, even the Queen has cancelled her Xmas lunch, these are organisations who have a lot more data available to them than we do and are doing the right thing.

Reactions: GBJ

People were desperate for a way out, or at the very least some light at the end of the tunnel, and instead of telling people the truth, that they didn’t know how and when this would end, we were told something that was simply impossible to predict at the time. Why? Because it was easier to quell the rising tensions with a trademark sound byte, rather than risk making themselves incompetent in a situation that they couldn’t control. Self-service 101.

Not condescending at all and to be honest I very much understand your point and yes freedom day seems like a lifetime ago.

As you say it all stems from what we have been told. At first it was the vulnerable to be vaccinated and now it has transpired into all adults and showing proof of the jab to partake in certain aspects of daily life. Even Nadhim Zahawi head of the vaccine programme said many months ago vaccine passports would not be implemented and now here we are.

I think they now need to be honest and tell the public what the future holds and if there really is a way out. In my opinion boosting all adults every winter and every time there is a new variant bringing back new restrictions is not living with this virus but if that is the way forward just tell us. But if that is the way that is utterly depressing after 2 years of this.

Not condescending at all and to be honest I very much understand your point and yes freedom day seems like a lifetime ago.

As you say it all stems from what we have been told. At first it was the vulnerable to be vaccinated and now it has transpired into all adults and showing proof of the jab to partake in certain aspects of daily life. Even Nadhim Zahawi head of the vaccine programme said many months ago vaccine passports would not be implemented and now here we are.

I think they now need to be honest and tell the public what the future holds and if there really is a way out. In my opinion boosting all adults every winter and every time there is a new variant bringing back new restrictions is not living with this virus but if that is the way forward just tell us. But if that is the way that is utterly depressing after 2 years of this.

Agreed, after two years I felt like I was mentally done with it… but last night one of my employees tested positive for the Omicron variant, and having spoken to him briefly today, it reaffirms that this isn’t done, unfortunately. Luckily for him, he’s in his early thirties & expected to make a full recovery, but that is slight consolation to how he’s feeling now.

The future of this pandemic will depend on the numerous variables & is therefore nigh on impossible to predict… just as it was a year ago.

The fact is, they have to strike a balance of keeping the public on side, making sure the economy doesn’t topple (any worse than it has) but also state the facts.

I freely admit that I don’t know if I could have done any better, because it’s a tough balancing act and you are sure to make mistakes along the way. The most annoying thing is, these mistakes were entirely predictable, and the reason we’re staring down the barrel of more restrictions (which unfortunately will probably only get stricter after the New Year), is down to incompetence & nothing else.

On the idea of vaccine passports, I’m not keen. I think it’s a highly flawed system that isn’t fit for purpose. Negative lateral flow tests should be sufficient.

I’m not in favour of mandatory jabs either, I find the idea not only disgusting, but a dangerous precedent to set.

Agreed, after two years I felt like I was mentally done with it… but last night one of my employees tested positive for the Omicron variant, and having spoken to him briefly today, it reaffirms that this isn’t done, unfortunately. Luckily for him, he’s in his early thirties & expected to make a full recovery, but that is slight consolation to how he’s feeling now.

The future of this pandemic will depend on the numerous variables & is therefore nigh on impossible to predict… just as it was a year ago.

The fact is, they have to strike a balance of keeping the public on side, making sure the economy doesn’t topple (any worse than it has) but also state the facts.

I freely admit that I don’t know if I could have done any better, because it’s a tough balancing act and you are sure to make mistakes along the way. The most annoying thing is, these mistakes were entirely predictable, and the reason we’re staring down the barrel of more restrictions (which unfortunately will probably only get stricter after the New Year), is down to incompetence & nothing else.

On the idea of vaccine passports, I’m not keen. I think it’s a highly flawed system that isn’t fit for purpose. Negative lateral flow tests should be sufficient.

I’m not in favour of mandatory jabs either, I find the idea not only disgusting, but a dangerous precedent to set.

These two paragraphs are spot on, what's coming next after this variant, we just don't know.

It's a pretty **** World to live in right now....

We have no idea what the answer is, we don't know what's coming next. I just try and follow the law and protect myself and others.

These two paragraphs are spot on, what's coming next after this variant, we just don't know.

It's a pretty **** World to live in right now....

We have no idea what the answer is, we don't know what's coming next. I just try and follow the law and protect myself and others.

Precisely, and the best way to protect yourself is to listen to what the experts are saying.

It’s up to the individual who they deem an expert however. Me personally. I’d prefer to put my trust in actual medical professionals rather than graduates of the University of YouTube & oddball ****s like Javid, & Johnson.

Precisely, and the best way to protect yourself is to listen to what the experts are saying.

It’s up to the individual who they deem an expert however. Me personally. I’d prefer to put my trust in actual medical professionals rather than graduates of the University of YouTube & oddball ****s like Javid, & Johnson.

I've seen a few of them.

We just don't have any choice than to follow the expert experts. I have no reason not believe them, they even question those above and that's good enough for me.

For me, the law is the law, it's there for a reason like all other laws that protect us.

Reactions: GBJ
Seems to be a lot more places you can get your jabs now. When I first got mine I had to travel about 15 miles and I was booked in about 2/3 weeks in advance.

I got my booster jab at Tescos in Pitsea. Booked on Friday 10/12 and for the following Monday. Literally in and out in minutes.
How did you manage that, I wasn't aware they were doing it and haven't seen it on any of the NHS clinic locations?

How did you manage that, I wasn't aware they were doing it and haven't seen it on any of the NHS clinic locations?
I booked through the online portal and up it popped. Looks like they are doing it at Maldon, Pitsea, Chelmsford and Thurrock

Pharmacy at the back. Its only booked appointments I believe. No walk-ins.

I’ve been so looking forward to the Boxing Day fixture. As of today I still intend going but the scales are started to swing and much more of this will probably bring the inevitable. I cannot afford to test positive and therefore not be able to get back to HK. I’ll be honest if football followed the scientists rather than the $£€¥ they should already be taking these decisions out of our hands.

I still see people in denial BUT I also see that society (and common sense) are winning the battle. Vaccine is not a cure and won’t guarantee no Covid. Masks are nowhere near a foolproof barrier but certainly lessen the chances of transmission or receipt. Social distancing is not a guarantee either but these three measures combined are currently the best defence that exist.

If tighter measures aren’t coming before Christmas and the New Year they’re sure as hell coming straight after. I’m facing it all with a positive attitude but I’m well aware that others are really struggling mentally, if not financially. If you have a friend, relation etc that you haven’t spoken to for ages give them a call, say hi and have a chinwag. Even this simple step might make a small difference.

I’ve been so looking forward to the Boxing Day fixture. As of today I still intend going but the scales are started to swing and much more of this will probably bring the inevitable. I cannot afford to test positive and therefore not be able to get back to HK. I’ll be honest if football followed the scientists rather than the $£€¥ they should already be taking these decisions out of our hands.

I still see people in denial BUT I also see that society (and common sense) are winning the battle. Vaccine is not a cure and won’t guarantee no Covid. Masks are nowhere near a foolproof barrier but certainly lessen the chances of transmission or receipt. Social distancing is not a guarantee either but these three measures combined are currently the best defence that exist.

If tighter measures aren’t coming before Christmas and the New Year they’re sure as hell coming straight after. I’m facing it all with a positive attitude but I’m well aware that others are really struggling mentally, if not financially. If you have a friend, relation etc that you haven’t spoken to for ages give them a call, say hi and have a chinwag. Even this simple step might make a small difference.

Many of us don't agree. Natural immunity is why we survive as a species. Its why we cant make contact with at least 20+ known tribes in the Amazon. The death rate are really high when ever groups of missionaries or scientists

If we had kept schools open in July/August 2019 for one big Covid party then all the Kids would have had their one or two days of normal sickness that you have all seen before.

Of course granny could have been easily avoided in that period. She could have sat in the garden instead of on her own over Cristmas......And maybe this Christmas or the next when we are all on booster number 5.

I get it that some of you of a certain age are scared because of all the MSM hype. Then we have decisions by so called scientists and advisers who have financial interest big Pharmacy.

The point is non of that gives you the right to ruin childrens education, young adults social and start of work lives. But even worse than that some people are now calling for the forced jabbing of Children without parental consent. With an experimental cure that has proved not to work as a vaccine.

Some peoples thinking has been pushed so far from reality that they want a team consisting of dozens of people coercing or forcing your children out of the classroom. All of this team could catch Covid and pass on Covid whilst they are injecting your child against Covid.

Lets all have a think about that before this goes down the darkest road in Human history.

Now before we have calls for this to be shut down by posters who can't debate like an adult.....If anyone can reasonable come up with counter post to my last 2 paragraphs I will donate £100 to the Zone...As its Christmas and the season of goodwill.

Last edited:
Many of us don't agree. Natural immunity is why we survive as a species. Its why we cant make contact with at least 20+ known tribes in the Amazon. The death rate are really high when ever groups of missionaries or scientists

If we had kept schools open in July/August 2019 for one big Covid party then all the Kids would have had their one or two days of normal sickness that you have all seen before.

Of course granny could have been easily avoided in that period. She could have sat in the garden instead of on her own over Cristmas......And maybe this Christmas or the next when we are all on booster number 5.

I get it that some of you of a certain age are scared because of all the MSM hype. Then we have decisions by so called scientists and advisers who have financial interest big Pharmacy.

The point is non of that gives you the right to ruin childrens education, young adults social and start of work lives. But even worse than that some people are now calling for the forced jabbing of Children without parental consent. With an experimental cure that has proved not to work as a vaccine.

Some peoples thinking has been pushed so far from reality that they want a team consisting of dozens of people coercing or forcing your children out of the classroom. All of this team could catch Covid and pass on Covid whilst they are injecting your child against Covid.

Lets all have a think about that before this goes down the darkest road in Human history.

Now before we have calls for this to be shut down by posters who can debate like an adult.....If anyone can reasonable come up with counter post to my last 2 paragraphs I will donate £100 to the Zone...As its Christmas and the season of goodwill.

It's not worth arguing with you, because all of your data is anecdotal, all of your reading is pseudoscientific and all of your debating is whataboutery.

Now before we have calls for this to be shut down by posters who can debate like an adult.....If anyone can reasonable come up with counter post to my last 2 paragraphs I will donate £100 to the Zone...As its Christmas and the season of goodwill.

Who would have thought they'd become a worldwide delivery service, they've certainly adapted over the years.

I reserve your right to have a different opinion. Not something that necessarily exists in the wider ShrimperZone on certain subjects.

Back