• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Covid - possible impact on football?

My mum has tested positive with a lateral flow. Now awaiting the PCR result. Hoping It’s just one of those false positives.

She’s got a slight temperature & a bit of a cough, although as a veteran smoker of nearly 50 years, the cough isn’t exactly anything new.

Happy Xmas ??

My mum has tested positive with a lateral flow. Now awaiting the PCR result. Hoping It’s just one of those false positives.

She’s got a slight temperature & a bit of a cough, although as a veteran smoker of nearly 50 years, the cough isn’t exactly anything new.

Happy Xmas ??

Fingers crossed she'll be ok.

Reactions: GBJ
Fingers crossed she'll be ok.

Thank you.

She’s worked all through this pandemic (she’s a nurse) and has managed to avoid it up until now. Still haven’t received the PCR test, but her lateral flows still say positive.

Thank you.

She’s worked all through this pandemic (she’s a nurse) and has managed to avoid it up until now. Still haven’t received the PCR test, but her lateral flows still say positive.

My respect for that.

Keep your chin up.

Reactions: GBJ
Thank you.

Seems a lot of health professionals are falling down with this at the moment.
Most of it though is being picked up on LFT and then followed up with a positive PCR.
Hopefully your mum will be ok x

Seems a lot of health professionals are falling down with this at the moment.
Most of it though is being picked up on LFT and then followed up with a positive PCR.
Hopefully your mum will be ok x

Thanks Jacks.

I know Basildon Hospital is struggling with staff shortages atm.

Stay safe x

After a bit of advice on the testing etc. Currently my wife has tested positive through a a LFT and has been confirmed via a PCR test. I have been completing a LFT daily (both negative so far) and have done a PCR test the same time as my wife (hopefully negative but not had the results yet even though sent at exactly the same time as my wife)

I've read that your not meant to re-test using LFT or PCR until 90 days after your 10 day isolation period as it may still read a positive test. Is that correct. My wife wanted to make sure after the 10 day period she wasn't infectious still and thought re-doing a LFT would be able to confirm that?

Can anyone with any knowledge please provide any advice?

After a bit of advice on the testing etc. Currently my wife has tested positive through a a LFT and has been confirmed via a PCR test. I have been completing a LFT daily (both negative so far) and have done a PCR test the same time as my wife (hopefully negative but not had the results yet even though sent at exactly the same time as my wife)

I've read that your not meant to re-test using LFT or PCR until 90 days after your 10 day isolation period as it may still read a positive test. Is that correct. My wife wanted to make sure after the 10 day period she wasn't infectious still and thought re-doing a LFT would be able to confirm that?

Can anyone with any knowledge please provide any advice?
The guidelines are - if you have had a positive PCR then you should not re-test in 90 days as you will have a false positive although I have heard from several people and colleagues that they have completed LFT within this time frame and shown negative

The guidelines are - if you have had a positive PCR then you should not re-test in 90 days as you will have a false positive although I have heard from several people and colleagues that they have completed LFT within this time frame and shown negative
Thanks for clarifying

Looks like we'll be going back to step 2. So behind closed doors

Back