• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank You Ron Martin! …… Controversial Or Not?

Great day Rigs,but whats that got to do with it, the man was a disaster in the end as well you know,i'm not having a pop at you chap in anyway just my opinion i'm allowed you know,

I said on here last May that PB should not return I half knew what to expect and guessed the rest and there is a lot more than PB being a sap (an insult as dated as PB himself) :Winking:

That doesn't take away the success of his first stint. Some of ridiculous hate campaigns on here carried on into the CP era......Some had nailed their colours to the anybody but Brown mast.

When the record injuries pilled up for CP grown men stabbed him in the back because he had failed to prove them right over PB.

Good money was thrown after bad and the whole place became toxic, even for innocent families. Absolute p*** taking footballers knew the manager would always get the blame and got away with far to much.

Like any disaster there is a chain of critical events....Take anyone away and we would not be in the NL. Still its far easier to say its all one mans fault. If we focus all our anger on one scapegoat we don't have to look ourselves in the mirror.....Its become very popular in life as well as football.

Your opinion and that's fine,i don't agree mind but what the hell i ain't going to jump down your throat,best you do the same it's a habit of yours.

Your opinion and that's fine,i don't agree mind but what the hell i ain't going to jump down your throat,best you do the same it's a habit of yours.

I don't see anyone jumping down throats. As you say opinions, there are those that hate all things Ron and Brown.....Some of us don't.

No need for anyone to act like a struggling NL manger when a last minute pen has been awarded against him...

I don't see anyone jumping down throats. As you say opinions, there are those that hate all things Ron and Brown.....Some of us don't.

No need for anyone to act like a struggling NL manger when a last minute pen has been awarded against him...
Oh dear ,knock the chip off your shoulder ffs.

There are and have been much bigger clubs than us that have dropped out of the EFL into the VNL over the years ,perhaps its what was needed for our club to wake up and become more professional in every facet of being a football club ,We were living in the past ,but i can see a beautiful future for this club now ,it will take time ,but we certainly will get our EFL status back again, it will take 2 or 3 seasons i said that preseason,, but this time when we are back there we will finally fulfill the potential this great club has.
It is not our club that has woken up. A pending court case and possible imprisonment has made the buffoon realise he is incapable of running a football club. Unless something was done his wealth and freedom would be severely cut short. MARTIN OUT

Unless I have missed something Stan, TL, KM and his gang are all employees of Ron.
They are indeed. Are you suggesting we would have got here without intervention though? Or would we, as I suspect, have another washed up former Prem manager ruling the roost giving some of his buddies a final pay cheque?

You suspect but I do not know.
Ron still funds the club, and, as already noted employs Stan TL etc. They serve at Ron's pleasure.
Without his intervention we would fold tomorrow.
He has made bad decisions in the past but also some good ones (appointing Tilly for instance).
Sure he runs out of money sometimes, and, it would be better if he did not but at least he has always so far come through before the clock struck midnight.
Like many others I sometimes find his decisions baffling but I have absolutely no reason to believe he wants the club to fail, or, enjoys it when we are relegated.
Things look much better at the moment and long may it continue.
Nevertheless he will have the final say in how the club is run, and, to pretend otherwise is delusional.

It is not our club that has woken up. A pending court case and possible imprisonment has made the buffoon realise he is incapable of running a football club. Unless something was done his wealth and freedom would be severely cut short. MARTIN OUT

Scotland yard had just arrived in the directors box v Eastleigh. It was only the martin out banner that prevented his arrest.

I know certain people hate the truth on here but once Sainsbury's pulled out, its the football club that are stopping RM's wealth. No SUFC and houses would already be built on RH and possibly on FF.

Ron would have enough in the bank to have paid any VAT he owed and as a goodwill gesture he could put a section of FF aside for green space with the potential for Col U size stadium......The be built by fans of course.

S
Scotland yard had just arrived in the directors box v Eastleigh. It was only the martin out banner that prevented his arrest.

I know certain people hate the truth on here but once Sainsbury's pulled out, its the football club that are stopping RM's wealth. No SUFC and houses would already be built on RH and possibly on FF.

Ron would have enough in the bank to have paid any VAT he owed and as a goodwill gesture he could put a section of FF aside for green space with the potential for Col U size stadium......The be built by fans of course.
I can see your point Rigsby but disagree. If his search for a big payday had not been started RH could have been maintained and his inept running of the club may not have continued. He has got us to this point. I feel it is realisation that he is in deep do do that he has been forced to this as his gold is close. Respect most of your posts though

S

I can see your point Rigsby but disagree. If his search for a big payday had not been started RH could have been maintained and his inept running of the club may not have continued. He has got us to this point. I feel it is realisation that he is in deep do do that he has been forced to this as his gold is close. Respect most of your posts though

The deal was Sainsbury's were going to buy RH and build the stadium in return. Thats why Ron shelled out £4.5m.

What us two or anyone else thinks of Ron doesn't matter because RH was dead before he arrived. The debt was already to high to salvage the stadium.

Even if Ron had sold up after one year, the next owner would have wanted a new stadium.....Sainsburys would have still conned them, the council would still be idiots The fans, especially all the PL fans in the town, caused a'lethargy' towards a move. We would still have the same delays because unlike many other towns the council were under no pressure to act.

The deal was Sainsbury's were going to buy RH and build the stadium in return. Thats why Ron shelled out £4.5m.

What us two or anyone else thinks of Ron doesn't matter because RH was dead before he arrived. The debt was already to high to salvage the stadium.

Even if Ron had sold up after one year, the next owner would have wanted a new stadium.....Sainsburys would have still conned them, the council would still be idiots The fans, especially all the PL fans in the town, caused a'lethargy' towards a move. We would still have the same delays because unlike many other towns the council were under no pressure to act.
Based on your past posts Rigsby you know much more about this than I and I bow to your superior knowledge. I still think my point is a reasonable assumption based on the amount I have read, heard and listened to. Peoples views can widely differ.

S

I find the choice of word 'inept' interesting as it suggests there was an obvious or better way to proceed.
I do not see it that way.
My reading of the situation would be that once Sainsbury's pulled out the choices were for RM to muddle along as best he could, or, oblivion.
Muddle along he has which has he resulted in his finances being tested to the limit. Also tested has been the patience of the supporters.
But there is still a club to support.
Not only that but our prospects now look better than they did a year, or, even six months ago.

I find the choice of word 'inept' interesting as it suggests there was an obvious or better way to proceed.
I do not see it that way.
My reading of the situation would be that once Sainsbury's pulled out the choices were for RM to muddle along as best he could, or, oblivion.
Muddle along he has which has he resulted in his finances being tested to the limit. Also tested has been the patience of the supporters.
But there is still a club to support.
Not only that but our prospects now look better than they did a year, or, even six months ago.
Because of the changes he HAD to make

Can you provide actual proof that Ron actually paid £4.5m?

Because this seems to contradict that.

If Sainsburys weren't interested to start with, the club would have been dead years ago.

Based on your past posts Rigsby you know much more about this than I and I bow to your superior knowledge. I still think my point is a reasonable assumption based on the amount I have read, heard and listened to. Peoples views can widely differ.

There are people on here who know far more than me but they seem to prefer myth and lies in order to suit their opinion on Ron.

If we aren't honest about the past, including Sainsbury's with the younger viewers. Then it spoils good debates on what and why has happened since, including many bad decisions on direction of the club etc.

Ron even got away with some double meaning answers on those 15 to 1 podcasts......The reason he did was some insist on focusing on stuff that never happened and never will.

Can you provide actual proof that Ron actually paid £4.5m?

Because this seems to contradict that.

If Sainsburys weren't interested to start with, the club would have been dead years ago.

I doubt HMRC could do that let alone me.

When i say Ron I do mean several of his companies. Is the official story not that he paid half of the debut in 1998 and then 'bought out' the other part involved at a later date,

Sainsbury's never got involved financially until much later?

Back