• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank You Ron Martin! …… Controversial Or Not?

Allowing a club this size to be relegated from the Football League and the manner in which it happened was criminal. It's going to take a long time to get back, if we ever can, and I'll never forget how it happened.
I personally won't forgive the man. I never had issue with ron before but last few years he made decisions which are shocking! List of mister meaners is endless with this man. I don't have issue with an owner who wishes to make lot of money from development, good on you if can make more than what you have put in. but don't take the **** and run the club into the ground by not doing the basics like paying hmrc and paying players on time. Majority of owners have to do it so why you different Ron! That's my take on the situation

I doubt HMRC could do that let alone me.

When i say Ron I do mean several of his companies. Is the official story not that he paid half of the debut in 1998 and then 'bought out' the other part involved at a later date,

Sainsbury's never got involved financially until much later?
But if you mean several of his companies, you need to include GK and Delancey. It was Delancey's cash that funded the early RM era.

Sainsburys first lent RHL £1m in 2009
this was converted into a charge in 2015 which was satisfied in 2019.

I know there are a lot of Fans on here who still cannot say a good word for Ron.
I believe in making love not war.
We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect.
Ron has proved he wants us to succeed as much as us lot.

He has funded the removal of Phil Brown ( I thought he would get us out of the recent mess, with hindsight I was wrong too)
He has gone with Stan and Tom, got in The Three Amigos and low and behold here we are,on the way forward for me in record time.
Thanks Ron Martin.
COYB UTB :OMG::Thank You::Clap::Clap::Clap: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Hope you’ve got your tin hat ready! ?

For what it’s worth I’ve always thought Ron wanted the club to succeed, and has put an awful lot of money into it, but too many bad decisions have left us where we are. However he’s listened & taken on board what’s been said, along with I’m sure pumping in a load more dosh to pay all the wages, and we appear to be making a recovery. Doesn’t excuse where we are, but fair play to him for stepping back and finally letting those who know what they’re doing, do the job properly.

No one was happy being in League 2 and everyone is pi**ed being in the national League. Plenty of wrong decisions by Ron, however it takes a decent man to put his hands up and say I can’t do this. Getting Tom, Stan, Kev, Mark & Darren in shows he does care and I really do hope that we get to FF and back in the football league. With our new structure I’m sure the days of having to dig deep might be over as we will be better run.

I know there are a lot of Fans on here who still cannot say a good word for Ron.
I believe in making love not war.
We all make mistakes, none of us are perfect.
Ron has proved he wants us to succeed as much as us lot.

He has funded the removal of Phil Brown ( I thought he would get us out of the recent mess, with hindsight I was wrong too)
He has gone with Stan and Tom, got in The Three Amigos and low and behold here we are,on the way forward for me in record time.
Thanks Ron Martin.
COYB UTB :OMG::Thank You::Clap::Clap::Clap: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

If Ron had been left to his own choices none of the above would of happened! I will give him a well done on one thing tho. Well done on taking a step back and not getting involved in decision making anymore. It's worked, stick to it. Stay away.

Hope you’ve got your tin hat ready! ?

For what it’s worth I’ve always thought Ron wanted the club to succeed, and has put an awful lot of money into it, but too many bad decisions have left us where we are. However he’s listened & taken on board what’s been said, along with I’m sure pumping in a load more dosh to pay all the wages, and we appear to be making a recovery. Doesn’t excuse where we are, but fair play to him for stepping back and finally letting those who know what they’re doing, do the job properly.
Spot On Rob ?? My thoughts too.

I'm glad Ron's finally realised he needs help but thanking Ron for pulling us out of a situation that we only got into because of him seems odd. Maybe if he gets us punching above our weight I'll thank him but we're a long way off that right now.
Make Love Not War ?

I don't think he can ever be forgiven for what has been done to this club.

He deserves an extremely small percentage of contribution in the revival (so far) of this club as most/all has been done by other characters, he can only be thanked for stepping back and actually letting footballing bodies do the work.

Obviously many of you clearly believe Ron must take all the credit for our recent wins. After all your the ones who said its only one mans fault we are in the NL.

Some of us know it takes far more than one man for a club to end up relegated from the EFL. Just ask any of the 50 or so previous clubs before us.

In the meantime we are not out of the financial mess by a long way. Still lets not worry about who hasn't been paid etc, enjoy the 'happy times'......It won't last forever.

Back