• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Aldershot Town 1-1 Southend United

Bosh. We’ll have that. Sounded like we did enough to probably win it but we’re definitely on the up and I’ll take 10 points in 4 games all day long. Especially as Aldershot was a potential banana skin given the MM connection.

Great to see Cardwell off the mark too. Hopefully that’ll be his confidence up now and kick start a run of goals. With Murphy, Bridge and Dennis to come back too, the squad is looking good.

Pinch me Shrimpers, I’ve not felt this positive in a long time.

Could have battered them lot with Dennis/Murphy in the mix.

Cardwell made up for a quiet game by popping up when it counted.

Husin busy but not firing 100% and finding the passes we know he can find.

Still our bench looks short if we don't have our squad at full strength. We can't limp along relying on key players all the time, especially in NL with poor refs it makes it far too easy to target us and weaken our team.

On the radio, it sounded like the second and third substitutions changed the pace and directness of our play. It sounded like cross after cross going in! Sounded like we deserved the point for possession and dominance, maybe not for working the keeper very much

Well done the boys, feared the worst as they really know how to defend.
On to Dover who are on a roll 1 win on the trot

A hard earnt point tonight, in another time we would have lost that. Main points for me to take from that game, don't pre-empt that Ferguson isn't going to change a game and learn how to spell Psychology to avoid giving @Chapperz the opportunity to rinse me! Next stop Dover, another tough game but one that we can definitely get something from. The beat goes on ladies and gentlemen................

Further evidence that the ship is definitely on the turn. We’re no longer a pushover when going behind, and if we could just win the couple of games we have in hand over some of the sides higher in the table we could be comfortably mid-table in a few weeks. I know there’ll be knock backs, but I think we’re made of stronger stuff now and will bounce back when they happen. And a quick mention for young Harry, pleased for him to get the goal and great that we now have four strikers capable of scoring. Imagine that last season when it was a choice between Goodship & Acquah..

Back