• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Today's Football Department Meeting

If Ron can't give our recruitment team the required budget to sign players from level below then we are more in the **** than we are lead to believe.

Surely a 1.4 mill budget can cover incoming from the national league south..... plus we have half the squad out of contract. Looks to me it's just case of 7/8 players in and 7/8 players out.

Remarkable how much the club has changed in 6 months!

I had heard that deals were already on the table, but with this being Southend I had my doubts.

Long may this continue.

Sorry CR7 your too old and you cant score at RH, Seriously it all sounds to good to be true, but in SVC and the boys i trust .I think the off season threads are going to be interesting and exciting .

Doesn't he have a heart problem or something like that? Apologies if I've mixed up my Alfies'.
Correct and his insurance premium would prove prohibitive I believe.

Wouldn’t surprise me if an EFL club with a bit more financial clout than us signs him.

Would love to see him here obviously, but seems unlikely.

Doesn't he have a heart problem or something like that? Apologies if I've mixed up my Alfies'.

Correct and his insurance premium would prove prohibitive I believe.

Wouldn’t surprise me if an EFL club with a bit more clout than us signs him.

Would love to see him here obviously, but seems unlikely.

Aortic stenosis. Had a procedure at 14 to repair it and claims that he doesn't feel at risk. So don't know what will happen with that one. Surely Dorking are paying an inflated insurance premium for him though, so can't be that prohibitive?

Aortic stenosis. Had a procedure at 14 to repair it and claims that he doesn't feel at risk. So don't know what will happen with that one. Surely Dorking are paying an inflated insurance premium for him though, so can't be that prohibitive?
I imagine because they are not a pro club and he has a separate full-time job, the insurance considerations are different. If the issue were to cause him trouble after signing with us, insurance would essentially be paying out for the end of his career when in Dorking's case they are just a secondary job.

I presume Dorking are still part-time, which may make the premium a little less exorbitant?

I presume Dorking are still part-time, which may make the premium a little less exorbitant?
I would have guessed the same myself.

If he goes pro he runs the same risks every day in eyes of the insurance company.

Part-time he would only be running that risk of complication 2-3 times a week max.

Surely that will affect the price of the premium, not to mention that football and the exertions that come with it will become his sole source of income.

If we could make our first signing this week that would be class. Too optimistic?
That would be great wouldn't it? I think what we have to bear in mind is that, just because we have identified targets, that doesn't mean that a deal can be reached that quickly, and that's assuming they want to come.

I think it's also interesting to note that Stan's post has gone down well, and so it should. It shows intent and that the club is on the front foot. But what we don't really know is if this is that much different from previous season (I would imagine that it is, but we don't know that for sure.) Hopefully the difference will be that these players will sign before pre-season training because (hopefully) we'll have different people speaking to the players and their agents, and we won't have RM conducting any negotiations.

That would be great wouldn't it? I think what we have to bear in mind is that, just because we have identified targets, that doesn't mean that a deal can be reached that quickly, and that's assuming they want to come.

I think it's also interesting to note that Stan's post has gone down well, and so it should. It shows intent and that the club is on the front foot. But what we don't really know is if this is that much different from previous season (I would imagine that it is, but we don't know that for sure.) Hopefully the difference will be that these players will sign before pre-season training because (hopefully) we'll have different people speaking to the players and their agents, and we won't have RM conducting any negotiations.
True that some targets might not even be interested with a move to RH.

Hopefully some are more than enthusiastic and perhaps already close to agreement. Some quality early signings would make the right statement IMO.

I believe Tom Lawrence will be heading up any summer deals as he did in the winter, so no RM antics involved.

True that some targets might not even be interested with a move to RH.

Hopefully some are more than enthusiastic and perhaps already close to agreement. Some quality early signings would make the right statement IMO.

I believe Tom Lawrence will be heading up any summer deals as he did in the winter, so no RM antics involved.
Which is key. Several of the clubs we signed players from in January commented on how nice it was to do business with SUFC. That's all Tom Lawrence and can only help us to build beneficial relationships and rebuild this club's reputation throughout the game.

Back