• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer/Autumn Transfer Targets/Rumours Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back onto the topic of transfers….

We are in talks with a striker, on a permanent deal, who would be an excellent acquisition.

Also, a few midfielders too.

We are sorted with the goalkeeping department, doubt we will see anything there. Maybe a loan if we got a serious injury to Arnold.

Defensively, assuming Clifford signs his deal, and with the three new defenders coming in, I think we are set. However, if we can bring Lopata or Gubbins back, that could be looked at.
Sounds very positive let’s hope the talks go well to get them signed up and more importantly for the right price .

Let’s hope things continue to go in the right direction and at a steady pace .

Without naming names does the striker have previous experience in this league ?

There is always the possibility of the club being p....d off with people releasing information which they don't want to be common knowledge until they are ready and there is no issue at all and all will be revealed very shortly?

Last edited:
There is always the possibility of the club being p....d of with people releasing information which they don't want to be common knowledge until they are ready and there is no issue at all and all will be revealed very shortly?
It's no different to any other year, any other club.

If I was their mods, I would delete their post about staffs not getting paid/embargoes etc, unless it’s officially true. Too many false information and lies. Non playing Staffs at Southend Utd would have complained to Echo by now.

If I was their mods, I would delete their post about staffs not getting paid/embargoes etc, unless it’s officially true. Too many false information and lies. Non playing Staffs at Southend Utd would have complained to Echo by now.
We are a discussion forum so everybody is entitled to their views ( within reason)

There is obviously a delay for what ever reason in announcing the new signings so speculation from every corner is bound to be raised. We are SUFC after all and hardly have a squeeky clean record for mishaps, hidden knowledge and unpaid bills/salaries.

I am sure we are all hopefull it will be sorted in the next few days and we can all get back to looking forward to next season and the next possible signing.

Can’t believe I wasted my time catching up on all this drivel!
Back onto the topic of transfers….

We are in talks with a striker, on a permanent deal, who would be an excellent acquisition.

Also, a few midfielders too.

We are sorted with the goalkeeping department, doubt we will see anything there. Maybe a loan if we got a serious injury to Arnold.

Defensively, assuming Clifford signs his deal, and with the three new defenders coming in, I think we are set. However, if we can bring Lopata or Gubbins back, that could be looked at.
Fantastic news about the striker, I think we need at least 1 more player in that role. Especially with Murphy and not knowing when he will be fully fit. Cardwell seems to be having his issues with injuries too.

Adding more numbers up top makes sense.

There is always the possibility of the club being p....d off with people releasing information which they don't want to be common knowledge until they are ready and there is no issue at all and all will be revealed very shortly?
The club could Colleen in and she could do her investigations and sting, and find the leaker?
Wayne is the unknown striker who is part of the package.
Add in Netflix for a behind scenes doco and ££££s

The club could Colleen in and she could do her investigations and sting, and find the leaker?
Wayne is the unknown striker who is part of the package.
Add in Netflix for a behind scenes doco and ££££s
Never heard England’s record goal scorer be described as unknown before.

We are a discussion forum so everybody is entitled to their views ( within reason)

There is obviously a delay for what ever reason in announcing the new signings so speculation from every corner is bound to be raised. We are SUFC after all and hardly have a squeeky clean record for mishaps, hidden knowledge and unpaid bills/salaries.

I am sure we are all hopefull it will be sorted in the next few days and we can all get back to looking forward to next season and the next possible signing.
True that, I guess my anxiety have flared up again with an “oh no, not again” popped up in my mind 🤦🏻‍♂️

I shouldn’t really tell you this but to save endless wild embargo claims I will tell you the reason why we have a delay.

Whilst Kev was away the new B&L cleaner wiped the whiteboard clean….. Stan and co have worked round the clock but they still can’t remember two of the missing names.

Rumour has it the last cleaner never got paid and no I wont reply in a detailed and humble manor just because one of the angry usual suspects demands to know my source…..Like others on here my word is my bond and although so last century, Zoners should respect such people.

I shouldn’t really tell you this but to save endless wild embargo claims I will tell you the reason why we have a delay.

Whilst Kev was away the new B&L cleaner wiped the whiteboard clean….. Stan and co have worked round the clock but they still can’t remember two of the missing names.

Rumour has it the last cleaner never got paid and no I wont reply in a detailed and humble manor just because one of the angry usual suspects demands to know my source…..Like others on here my word is my bond and although so last century, Zoners should respect such people.
Kevin Bond confirmed.

Not almost, EVERYONE has paid in cash because they refuse to let us pay by card, in which they're probably losing quite a bit of money from in the process too, because people are reluctant to spend that much money in case of something happening, and even some can't all at once due to the current climate.

100%. I reckon the club have probably missed out of at least 500, maybe 1000 tops season ticket sales due to this approach. We were looking at the potential of getting an adult and child one but have been put off due to this stance and I'm sure there are countless others in the same boat!

100%. I reckon the club have probably missed out of at least 500, maybe 1000 tops season ticket sales due to this approach. We were looking at the potential of getting an adult and child one but have been put off due to this stance and I'm sure there are countless others in the same boat!
Well that's 5 season tickets they've already missed out on because me, my dad and his mate are also with the same stance.

Thats what? £1500-£2000ish already (Didn't work it out precisely)

Well that's 5 season tickets they've already missed out on because me, my dad and his mate are also with the same stance.

Thats what? £1500-£2000ish already (Didn't work it out precisely)

That is why the beautiful game has been ruined. If clubs don’t mount up even more debt the you won’t go ?

That leads to every increasing wages until the club has to be sold to the next dubious shister who will sell out to Sky, Change match days at short notice, agree to silly TV KO times, increase ticket prices and move the club out of town so that we all sit in a soulless half empty stadium.

If of course the plan goes wrong and a club ends up bust or NL the fans immediately use their get out of free “It’s all the owners fault” card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back