• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cracked a molar, so had to got and have it removed this afternoon.

Bleeding hell, that was not a pleasant experience.

Back home and feeling numb due to the anaesthetic. Not able to eat anything, and getting hungry now.
Just don't do what I did after having a filling many years ago. I was amazed at how my gum didn't hurt so I used a fingernail to gouge a hole it it. I soon regretted it when the local anaesthetic wore off.

Cracked a molar, so had to got and have it removed this afternoon.

Bleeding hell, that was not a pleasant experience.

Back home and feeling numb due to the anaesthetic. Not able to eat anything, and getting hungry now.
Does that still cost £62, presuming you have a NHS Dentist?.

BBC. End of.
I have always paid my licence fee , like tens of millions of others.
Yet my fee is going to pay off, deservedly, persons repeatedly slurred by Panorama in it's pursuit of Prince Anne and Roayal dirt.
It was also, to a large part, behind the pursuit, unjustly, of soldiers in Iraq, at war, and now the SAS for actions during the war in Afghanistan.
It pay millions to the likes of the hapless Lineker AND then doesn't use him in the Woman's Euros?
As for general politics, NO, let's not go there or to wokism.

Anyone now if it is legal, and how to have a TV but not get any BBC programmes thru cable?

BBC. End of.
I have always paid my licence fee , like tens of millions of others.
Yet my fee is going to pay off, deservedly, persons repeatedly slurred by Panorama in it's pursuit of Prince Anne and Roayal dirt.
It was also, to a large part, behind the pursuit, unjustly, of soldiers in Iraq, at war, and now the SAS for actions during the war in Afghanistan.
It pay millions to the likes of the hapless Lineker AND then doesn't use him in the Woman's Euros?
As for general politics, NO, let's not go there or to wokism.

Anyone now if it is legal, and how to have a TV but not get any BBC programmes thru cable?
I have also wondered about that in the past.

Apparently:

"A TV licence is required if you:
watch or record live TV programmes on any channel
download or watch any BBC programmes on iPlayer - live, catch up or on demand
This applies to any provider you use and any device, including a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder".

I have no idea how they got or kept that much power and control

At Easter I planted seed potatoes in tubs but the swimming pool hoping for a bumper crop and a added bit of greenery.
Emptied one out today only to find plenty of roots but no potatoes!!!!!!!
Reminds me of Koi.

****ing EON Next. As part of my new year long contract with EON Next I have to have a Smart Meter. Now I've been avoiding these things for years but because of the contract I bit the bullet. My appointment was this afternoon between 12-4pm. And for past 6 days I've been getting reminder emails telling me about it. As we would lose power for about 2 hours we made a couple of flasks of coffee and now, bosh, a text pops out of my mobile saying 'Sorry we won't be able to make it today'. 'Please rebook urgently' was the next text. Yeah, thanks a bunch EON.

****ing EON Next. As part of my new year long contract with EON Next I have to have a Smart Meter. Now I've been avoiding these things for years but because of the contract I bit the bullet. My appointment was this afternoon between 12-4pm. And for past 6 days I've been getting reminder emails telling me about it. As we would lose power for about 2 hours we made a couple of flasks of coffee and now, bosh, a text pops out of my mobile saying 'Sorry we won't be able to make it today'. 'Please rebook urgently' was the next text. Yeah, thanks a bunch EON.
Could be worse. They could turn up to fit the meter but not fit it as the electric meter box is metal and their rules state they aren't allowed to fit it within a metal meter box.

Could be worse. They could turn up to fit the meter but not fit it as the electric meter box is metal and their rules state they aren't allowed to fit it within a metal meter box.
There has been a little bit of joy out of this. They've texted me now giving me £30 into my account for the the inconvenience. So they are paying 30 quid of my next bill which they ar charging me for anyway. I think I would have preferred it paid into my bank account.

There has been a little bit of joy out of this. They've texted me now giving me £30 into my account for the the inconvenience. So they are paying 30 quid of my next bill which they ar charging me for anyway. I think I would have preferred it paid into my bank account.
Hollow gesture when they know how much the prices will go up in October. They'll soon hoover that amount and more back

Sitting in the shadow of the Jobserve Community Stadium waiting for the site next door to open.

Windows up, doors locked, you never know.

Sainsbury car park, Rayleigh. Came out of the store at lunch time, reversed out of my space near to the store entrance and then followed the arrow pointing the way out. Nearly at the end of the lane when a woman turned into the one way-lane I was in. At first she wouldn't stop then when she realised I wasn't going to back up and let her pass the wrong way she went into a fascinating strop and called me an old c-unit. In the end she had to back up and off we went. She was almost imploding when I waved and smiled to her as we went past her. The summer holidays have obviously started!! Been called a c-unit before many times, but not when I'm going the right way in a one way system. Hey ho.

The last time I was called a silly old c, was a couple of months ago. Similar one way situation, as I was driving my car down Central Avenue Southend, which is a one way street. Coming towards me was a guy about 21 on an illegal black e-scooter. He expected me to swerve or stop to the side to let him through, as he couldn't be bothered to go up the pavement. I stood my course(I would have braked rather than hit him), (In the High Street, my policy is to get out of the way for no e-scooter. as they're illegal in public, a menace, and they drive at everyone making people jump for them. Maybe I am a silly old c, Lol), and he swerved and all this road rage came from his mouth. What is it with us silly old people that we drive the right way along one way systems and roads, and expect no one to be driving the wrong way, at us?

Back