• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

I have a water harvester under my parking area. it’s basically a big underground tank that collects rain water from my roof and the shed roofs.

it supplies the toilets in the ground floor commercial area and washing machines. You can actually supply your shower but we decided not to.

Most of the cost was paid for by a grant and i had to dig up the rear to create parking anyway. So the perfect time to do it.

I’m assuming that it what the lake ids for. It would be criminal if the training pitches, stadium pitch and all the toilets at FF were not supplied by collected rain water…. The tanks can be as big as a 40ft container and collect all the water from the car parks.

I have a water harvester under my parking area. it’s basically a big underground tank that collects rain water from my roof and the shed roofs.

it supplies the toilets in the ground floor commercial area and washing machines. You can actually supply your shower but we decided not to.

Most of the cost was paid for by a grant and i had to dig up the rear to create parking anyway. So the perfect time to do it.

I’m assuming that it what the lake ids for. It would be criminal if the training pitches, stadium pitch and all the toilets at FF were not supplied by collected rain water…. The tanks can be as big as a 40ft container and collect all the water from the car parks.

It's a great idea..... Though I'm guessing you're struggling on the rain water front right now ;)

It's a great idea..... Though I'm guessing you're struggling on the rain water front right now ;)
Indeed. If the water gets to low it is topped up from the mains. I did install a by pass valve in the shed in case of problems. I switched this over some time back as so it’s just mains supply at the moment.

I will save my rain water until the hose pipe ban. Then water my plants and annoy any curtain twitching neighbours.

Indeed. If the water gets to low it is topped up from the mains. I did install a by pass valve in the shed in case of problems. I switched this over some time back as so it’s just mains supply at the moment.

I will save my rain water until the hose pipe ban. Then water my plants and annoy any curtain twitching neighbours.

We need some bloody rain.... It's been over 3 months now without a good down poor.

Great set up you have and makes sense for clubs to have it, we just need that rain.

I'm shocked we've not got a hose pipe ban already.

We need some bloody rain.... It's been over 3 months now without a good down poor.

Great set up you have and makes sense for clubs to have it, we just need that rain.

Chance of rain begin and end of next week according to the forecast

Essex and Suffolk Water were saying yesterday that reservoirs are at good levels for the time of the year and they don't see a need for hosepipe bans this year. So looks like the increase in the size of Abberton Reservoir, around 55% increase IIRC, did what it set out to do,

The water comes from somewhere ........ and that could be having an effect on wild life, rivers, streams, aquifers & the environment.

On top of that water is processed (chemicals) & pumped around - that increases the usage of energy & adds to global warming.

Hash tag: takeiteasy

No photos Spaceman but I did have a look yesterday. Another huge pile of that grey hardcore chippings (someone is bound to know the proper name for them) loads of machinery and quite a lot of men (well more than two by) milling about. They have piled earth around the pitches in a bank. Whether this is where it will stay is anyone's guess. I think we need another White Horse drone shot. It seems to be coming on nicely.

How are things progressing?

Will the new training pitches be ready for the original October date? Will the new stadium start being built in October.

What I find strange is that there is a property on Vic Ave being renovated in the half closed parade of shops near the lights and a few up from Pizza man. Why would someone spend money on a property that is due to be demolished in the next 2 years?

How are things progressing?

Will the new training pitches be ready for the original October date? Will the new stadium start being built in October.

What I find strange is that there is a property on Vic Ave being renovated in the half closed parade of shops near the lights and a few up from Pizza man. Why would someone spend money on a property that is due to be demolished in the next 2 years?

Date may have slipped a bit.
No the new stadium will not start in October (See Below)

St Marys Court and the parade of boarded shops and flats including Pizza Man were originally purchased as part of the proposed Sainsbury's Super Store, as this is no longer proceeding, they will not now need to be demolished. The current new plans Roots Hall housing development exclude all the above, so assume they have now been/being sold off. (See latest Roots Hall plans below)

Roots Hall Layout 2.png

Roots Hall Layout 1.png

The Stadium Start

The stadium was originally scheduled to start Summer 2022, but there was about one year delay, so I think the whole thing has slipped. If you look you will see the training pitches were originally due to be completed Spring 2022 but it looks like it will be Oct/Nov.

Bear in mind the site has to be cleared, drainage, electrics, sewage, piling, and footings put in, before they even start the stadium.

Development Shedule 2.jpg

Development Schedule 1.jpg

Fossetts Farm Plan.png

I popped over there today as I was passing. Lovely guy I spoke to who offered me a full tour when i have time. The pitches will be polymer/grass like the RH pitch is now and most Prem teams use.
He said it is about 6 weeks from finish, all the under pitch watering pipework is in place but atm they have no water on site at all and are waiting for that to happen at some point but that was out of their remit, so that could cause a delay.

The top two pitches are all laid ready for the top surface, they are in the pictures at the very back but you can't really see them. The front area is two more pitches and the training building and car park will be eventually built where all the pipe work etc is piled up now.

FF1.jpgFF2.jpgFF3.jpgFF4.jpgFF5.jpgFF6.jpgFF7.jpg

I popped over there today as I was passing. Lovely guy I spoke to who offered me a full tour when i have time. The pitches will be polymer/grass like the RH pitch is now and most Prem teams use.
He said it is about 6 weeks from finish, all the under pitch watering pipework is in place but atm they have no water on site at all and are waiting for that to happen at some point but that was out of their remit, so that could cause a delay.

The top two pitches are all laid ready for the top surface, they are in the pictures at the very back but you can't really see them. The front area is two more pitches and the training building and car park will be eventually built where all the pipe work etc is piled up now.

View attachment 22032View attachment 22034View attachment 22035View attachment 22036View attachment 22037View attachment 22038View attachment 22039
Thanks for the update Cricko. it is so much appreciated.

Thanks for that. 6 weeks puts them on schedule, i.e. October.

I do wonder how Shakespeare drive will cope with being pretty much the only vehicular access to the residential blocks.

Last edited:
End of OCT approx providing they get water on site, oh yes and power! I think it will be a big job getting utilities to the site as it is in the middle of farmland.
Do they need the other utilities just for the pitches? They will for the buildings, but do they just for the pitches?

Back