• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

I believe some October deadlines for the new facilities have now been pushed back which could cause problems when the team have to stop training at B&L.. A contingency may be needed for a short while

I believe some October deadlines for the new facilities have now been pushed back which could cause problems when the team have to stop training at B&L.. A contingency may be needed for a short while
Think the club has been working on that for a while but not sure they're having a lot of luck.

Interested to see what happens come October. Don't want to see us operating without our own training facilities, but also don't want to see the stadium phase delayed any further. Especially if, as has been suggested, commencement could unlock some funds/a recapitalisation of the club's finances. Doubt we can keep sailing this close to the wind for much longer.

Wrong. We want live feeds to loads of CCTV cameras covering the site(s) so some people can criticise the massive mistakes that are about to be made because they're all more expert than the experts.

Great progress, lol all they have done is ploughed it, infact it's probably the farmers work.
See what I mean?

I wouldn't be surprised that given the ground condition, this job will take longer than originally planned for. Earthworks, although crude, are greatly influenced by the nature of the stuff you're moving. Not to mention the increased level of risk in having operatives working in unusually high heat in an unprotected environment.

Looks like its coming on nicely. Whats happening with Smithers Farm (the house at the bottom of the picture) Looks like they will be surrounded by stadium parking

I'm slightly confused why one of the 4 training pitches is a little bit further "north" than the others. Is it just my OCD or would that annoy anyone else

View attachment 21451

Yes it’s clear that the left hand pitch has strayed to far forward. That could easily expose the left sided centre pitch. If they are not careful one of those big tall domes could easily exploit that space.

We may need a loanee 4G for cover. We certainly couldn’t afford to buy one.

Theres a nifty little slider which show what the training grounds will look like after finished:

Theres a nifty little slider which show what the training grounds will look like after finished:

Is there not a main building with gym, equipment storage etc on this site?

Back