• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Do they need the other utilities just for the pitches? They will for the buildings, but do they just for the pitches?
There is a water tank at the end of the top pitches, you can see it just about in Pic 1, but apparently it is to small. I presume that water has to pumped to the pitches, but i don't know if sprinklers need power.

It seems they do.

Last edited:
I do wonder how Shakespeare drive will cope with being pretty much the only vehicular access to the residential blocks.

It's not.
The only vehicular access will be through the current access to Fairfax Drive for the Nprth Stand, all other access routes will be pedestrian and cycle routes into and through the Roots Hall estate.

It's not.
The only vehicular access will be through the current access to Fairfax Drive for the Nprth Stand, all other access routes will be pedestrian and cycle routes into and through the Roots Hall estate.
In that case either I'm reading the map wrong, or they've left off a blue arrow.

At roots hall there appears to be some clearance work at the south end of the car park - is that part of the prelim roots hall works?

According to the latest Roots Hall Development Plan, Shakespeare Drive will be vehicle access for ten houses only and Roots Hall Avenue will have vehicle access to three houses only, both will have pedestrian access.

Roots Hall Layout 1.png

In that case either I'm reading the map wrong, or they've left off a blue arrow.
That access is restricted to the ten houses in A4 just as the access from Roots Hall Avenue is restricted to the three houses in D. These are not entry routes into the overall Roots Hall development as they are at higher level, the current ground levels of Shakespeare Drive and Roots Hall Avenue, These houses will be at the same level as the back of the West Stand concourse as it is now. The rest of the development's ground level will be at the current pitch level or slightly below, in fact a large car park is actually planned to be underground underneath those houses and their garden areas.
The plan as shown is actually Level 2, if you look at the plan for Level 1 that would show the car parks and access ways below that giving access to the main residential blocks at their ground floor level.

If you stand at one of the entrances to the West Stand and look down to the pitch that gives an idea of the two different ground floor levels, designing vehicle access to the lower level from Shakespeare would be pretty difficult. It will however give pedestrian access to both levels as demarked by the red hashed routes.

Is the blue arrow showing new vehicle access. So access to the car parks close to where the east stand and north stands currently are are served by existing vehicular access - so are not highlighted on the plan

I popped over there today as I was passing. Lovely guy I spoke to who offered me a full tour when i have time. The pitches will be polymer/grass like the RH pitch is now and most Prem teams use.
He said it is about 6 weeks from finish, all the under pitch watering pipework is in place but atm they have no water on site at all and are waiting for that to happen at some point but that was out of their remit, so that could cause a delay.

The top two pitches are all laid ready for the top surface, they are in the pictures at the very back but you can't really see them. The front area is two more pitches and the training building and car park will be eventually built where all the pipe work etc is piled up now.

View attachment 22032View attachment 22034View attachment 22035View attachment 22036View attachment 22037View attachment 22038View attachment 22039
Aw Cricko, you've made a new friend. Oooh, training ground friend!

friends-thumbs-up.gif

Does anyone know when the training ground facilities will actually be built and why they aren’t being built at the same time as the new pitches?

What a shock about the money. So the players are going to have to use B&L facilities and then drive to the pitches each day until the facilities are built?
The BL facilities will not be there for long. From what i have been told they will be using RH which seems ludicrous to me. I can see a porta cabin or similar.

The buildings are a long way off due to the cost of a temporary building being to high and now cancelled and the end product being a very high cost.

The gym, changing rooms, players restaurant to be built at the training ground is one of the last things to be built there. B&L seems to be scheduled for demolition very quickly once the main development gets underway. The interim arrangements as far as I can see have not yet been announced.

Would be a typical Southend move if we're without a dedicated squad gym for the foreseeable.

The BL facilities will not be there for long. From what i have been told they will be using RH which seems ludicrous to me. I can see a porta cabin or similar.

The buildings are a long way off due to the cost of a temporary building being to high and now cancelled and the end product being a very high cost.
And yet some fans are thinking that work starting on the training ground means the end of our financial problems and the future is looking all rosey and yet we won’t have any training ground facilities, just 4 pitches and a car park, great.
The sooner Ron ****s off the better!

And yet some fans are thinking that work starting on the training ground means the end of our financial problems and the future is looking all rosey and yet we won’t have any training ground facilities, just 4 pitches and a car park, great.
The sooner Ron ****s off the better!
Everything is down to money and when it fits RM's overall agenda and costs otherwise we would 4 stands to start with and not 3. 🤷‍♂️ :Facepalm:

I popped over there today as I was passing. Lovely guy I spoke to who offered me a full tour when i have time. The pitches will be polymer/grass like the RH pitch is now and most Prem teams use.
He said it is about 6 weeks from finish, all the under pitch watering pipework is in place but atm they have no water on site at all and are waiting for that to happen at some point but that was out of their remit, so that could cause a delay.

The top two pitches are all laid ready for the top surface, they are in the pictures at the very back but you can't really see them. The front area is two more pitches and the training building and car park will be eventually built where all the pipe work etc is piled up now.

View attachment 22032View attachment 22034View attachment 22035View attachment 22036View attachment 22037View attachment 22038View attachment 22039
You could almost play on it ..

End of OCT approx providing they get water on site, oh yes and power! I think it will be a big job getting utilities to the site as it is in the middle of farmland.
And they have to pay the service provider for that not the old ground workers … that’s probably more the issue

Back