• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

Blues are in a PR storm! They roll out SVC. What’s the next trick up your sleeve?

Sorry but it’s boring now! YOU called for protests! YOU told us not to stop! But this stuff carries on happening! Well played Sir!
When will people like you get it in their heads that it has nothing to do with SVC, and all he has done is contribute to the recruitment of this team so far?

He has absolutely nothing to do with the payment of staff, get.it.in.your.head.

Just because you have a personal agenda against him, he has nothing to do with this conversation, people asked him if he had been paid so far, he responded, that's it.

When will people like you get it in their heads that it has nothing to do with SVC, and all he has done is contribute to the recruitment of this team so far?

He has absolutely nothing to do with the payment of staff, get.it.in.your.head.

Just because you have a personal agenda against him, he has nothing to do with this conversation, people asked him if he had been paid so far, he responded, that's it.
No personal agenda. Just a fact that 9x out of 10 we get a response when the clubs in a PR mess

The potential for this club is currently the best it has ever been because the structure is right and proper in the football department. If we lose this then the future will be very grim. If there is anything to hold on to the football department currently is it.

Does anyone now how much staff wages actually need paying if so can they message me as I may be able to help in short term through my own company

I wrote this in a Staff not paid thread in July. Figures are from 2019, and a few assumptions have been made - but ball park numbers....

I would've thought it could easily get into tens of thousands per month. You only need 10 employees on 24k a year and your salary bill is 20k per month, then add on national insurance and other employment costs
Just checked last accounts - bit out of date YE July 2019 - but we had an monthly average of 150 employees of which 54 were 'Establishment and ground maintenance' - the other categories being playing, training and coaching (91) and directors (5). Salaries were £5.7m per year, total employment costs £6.2m. I'd expect the playing budget to be the vast majority of this - but say 10% is admin - that's £570k per year - a little over £10k per employee (not sure if the 54 is full time equivalent or actual number including part time) - if it was more like £20k (assuming full time) then that's £1m per year - so somewhere between £45k and £90k per month.

We made pension contribution of £18k for the year for admin and support employees. If the club pays say 3% of salary into pension scheme then that implies a wage bill of £600k per year for admin and support - or £50k per month.

So yep monthly wage bill likely to be in the tens of thousands of pounds.

This is really quite disappointing and sad to read especially given that things have improved on the pitch.
We all know that it is ALL staff involved that keeps this club going not just players and managers and without the back room staff we will have no club.
My sympathy goes to them as no doubt they all have rents/mortgages, bills etc. to pay and this is on top on the increase cost of living. They all also have families to support.

Let's not single people out (bar one person of course) as most who work there are hardworking and probably give more than they take but, I think we all know and have known for a long time we are walking a very thing line.

Something does need to be done but I am unsure what. Wha I do know though is that a certain person will be able to have their heating on this winter or have food in their cupboards!

This club does not deserve this nor do the staff or the supporters who have continued to support.

Last edited:
on another point, if the staff arn't paid, are we liable to any points deduction under any sustainability clause?

It’s very painful as the truth ( that many don’t like to admit) is if he hasn’t got the money he hasn’t got the money. If he can access funds and is choosing not to that’s a totally different matter and protests of some description will help.

I have no concept of his finances but the cost of living crisis/ energy crisis/ higher interest rates affect almost every one

Sometimes “bad news” can galvanise and bring people together, but Ron clearly doesn’t have that skill. Paying people “extra” when they are paid late is a great PR idea, but in reality it just means the limited money runs out even quicker.

It would be interesting to know if the issues are that our cash flow forecasts were incorrect, possibly owning to the above or if he is not supplying funds he has promised.

The reality is even if we know the answers to the above I’m not sure how it helps.

I think we all want to “do something “ but We don’t know what that”something “ is

If he wasn’t such a tosser then many might be prepared to lend money to the club, rather than buy the club. But the reality is who would trust him to get their money back?

Very depressing-again
My sincere sympathies to those members of staff impacted and their families and indeed to all staff, as morale must be poor.

If he wasn’t such a tosser then many might be prepared to lend money to the club, rather than buy the club. But the reality is who would trust him to get their money back?

Very depressing-again
My sincere sympathies to those members of staff impacted and their families and indeed to all staff, as morale must be poor.

Exactly this.

Does anyone remember when going watch the football at southend used to be fun and we didnt have all this rubbish going on. How long is this going to go on for? It's never been easy but not paying peoples wages is too much. I'm starting to fall out of love with the club. The staff deserve better and do we

Is this a symptom of being a professional club carrying a league club structure into non-league?

As has been mentioned before Wrexham have made some of their former volunteers into paid employees, if the clubs pockets aren't deep enough should we look at going the other way.

In fact would we as a fan base be happy if me became a semi professional outfit to become sustainable?

Is this a symptom of being a professional club carrying a league club structure into non-league?

As has been mentioned before Wrexham have made some of their former volunteers into paid employees, if the clubs pockets aren't deep enough should we look at going the other way.

In fact would we as a fan base be happy if me became a semi professional outfit to become sustainable?
Becoming a semi-professional team will either double the amount of time we'll be in this league, or increase the risk of going down rather than anywhere near the top.

[/QUOTE]

Its a symptom of a conman horribly out of his depth.

Last edited:
Back