• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Temp Container units for training and changing facilities etc are readily available and used by many businesses.
For a short while there ought not to be a real issue.

I am mightily pleased work has started and is continuing at FF and also where possible with the RH site.
Short while ? Once they are in they will be Permanent doesn’t anyone get it ??

Remember the key to a sustainable club was planning approval then a stadium right out of town with about 3000 more seats than we currently have …. Look in to my eyes look into my eyes this is what you all wanted …

Looks like we may well still have the facilities to generate non matchday revenue, e.g., function rooms in the main stand, despite the lack of hotel
Wow that’s going to be a game changing revenue stream for the club, a banqueting suite that will be half empty on match days and completely empty most of the week. We’ll be in the Championship in no time at all with that banqueting suite I’m sure.

Ron’s proper ****ed the club over and is laughing his head off now his personal profits will be even higher as he hasn’t got to build a hotel now, just more houses.

Will the club own the extra housing?
Nope, Ron will, the club won’t see a penny from any of the houses or apartments built, all profits goes to the Martin family, not SUFC and we’ll be charged a nice big fat rent for playing in the middle of that housing estate

Although it's not easy to be over the moon about this latest version of the project the banqueting suite could be used for exhibitions, careers fairs etc. Other football clubs facilitate these types of events. Where will the match day hospitality take place in the three sided version though unless this is already incorporated in the plan?

Wow that’s going to be a game changing revenue stream for the club, a banqueting suite that will be half empty on match days and completely empty most of the week. We’ll be in the Championship in no time at all with that banqueting suite I’m sure.

Ron’s proper ****ed the club over and is laughing his head off now his personal profits will be even higher as he hasn’t got to build a hotel now, just more houses.
I think Tom mentioned a long time ago about how the ability to host functions was a huge revenue generator for Gillingham.

Not saying it's brilliant - but it's not the disaster that some were saying a week or so ago when the new planning went in removing the hotel

I think Tom mentioned a long time ago about how the ability to host functions was a huge revenue generator for Gillingham.

Not saying it's brilliant - but it's not the disaster that some were saying a week or so ago when the new planning went in removing the hotel
As mentioned in the article the hotel bit was really dead since 2020. Since then the plan was to get planning and then swap hotel (a loss making hotel not being overly attractive as a revenue stream) for housing. So no surprise.
The functions bit from the hotel being retained is good and the revenues generated at say Gillingham (with lesser facilities and also no hotel), and the remarks on this by Tom, should give confidence that the new corporate and hospitality facilities should still make a strong contribution to the required future financial stability.
However, this all said those who want it all to fail will still seek anything to say that it will be so.
Others for who the glass is half full will seek the opposite….

Back