• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Work On The New Training Ground Has Started Today 11th July 2022

Screenshot_20221005_144324_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another photo of the progress made to date....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-05-21-35-31-366_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-05-21-35-31-366_com.mi.globalbrowser.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 98
Latest pictures and Update 5th October 2022

On schedule according to that! Can't see much grass - I guess it's a turf going on rather than seeding and waiting to grow (missed the season for that right)?

Living near several big building sites and having an extension done at home I've become pretty fascinated by building techniques. I wish we'd had more of a running commentary on the training ground build. My guess and it is only a guess is the 2 hybrid pitches are grassed if that's the right term by the blue machine in the first gallery of pictures on the White Horse website which seems able to plant a grass plug and the plastic that the roots grow around in one go. Hopefully an expert can advise or someone can go down and get an update.

On schedule according to that! Can't see much grass - I guess it's a turf going on rather than seeding and waiting to grow (missed the season for that right)?
Most of the time was probably spent on the draining system and any sprinkler system(s), i.e. all the stuff you don't see. Given how flat that all is it leads me to believe they can't be far off completion. Whether that's using turf or seed I wouldn't know.

But, my guess is it will be seeded. My logic might be flawed as I'm no expert, but if these are "championship" quality pitches they're probably a combination of grass and plastic. I can't see how you could lay turf on top of the plastic. It seems more likely that the plastic will be laid and then seed added.

I'm sure we have at least one expert on here who might care to explain.

Interesting. It's good to see them being sustainable, assuming that is indeed a water tank (it certainly looks like one). From an untrained eye, it does look a bit small though!

It is much bigger than the round one at Roots Hall between the North Bank and Main Stand, I believe this one is topped up by the mains water. The bigger one at Fossetts Farm could be topped up from the large retention pond that collects rain water run off or mains.

Roots Hall Water Tank.jpg

It is much bigger than the round one at Roots Hall between the North Bank and Main Stand, I believe this one is topped up by the mains. The bigger one at Fossetts Farm could be topped up from the large retention pond that collects rain water run off or mains.

View attachment 22433
I would hope and expect much use to be made of the run off water from the roof of buildings and car parks. Water recycling is hardly new idea or rocket science.

I would hope and expect much use to be made of the run off water from the roof of buildings and car parks. Water recycling is hardly new idea or rocket science.
I do a daily walk round the block at the Grand and the Overton site (diggers delivered today at the car wash site today and the hoarding painted) The modern technology for new building is fascinating. I was however quite surprised and pleased to see a couple of weeks ago 3 tanks being delivered to the Overton site. When looked them up on the internet they were mini sewage treatment plants.

Interesting. It's good to see them being sustainable, assuming that is indeed a water tank (it certainly looks like one). From an untrained eye, it does look a bit small though!
Someone mentioned to me it was indeed "too small" for the site and a new larger one will be installed I believe.

I don't think power or water is on-site yet either, so I can't imagine its near completion just yet. Probably still a way off in fact.

Back