• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

Blondy 3
Hobson 6
Łopata 4
Ralph 3
GSM 6
Bridge 8
Taylor 7
Miley 7
Fonguck 5
Wreh 6
Mooney 2

All the time we fold into a bunch of wet lettuces every time we concede we will not be getting out of this league.

We absolutely gifted Altrincham their 2 goals, it was worse than schoolboy football.
Having been in total control & on top for so much of the game, in the end we were very lucky to get a point.

I have always been & remain a fan of the 3 amigo's but before they look at resolving our poor forward line please please please put the goalkeeping crisis on top of the Xmas shopping list.

For a neutral probably quite an entertaining game, but 12:30 KOs are crap for football (although I understand why we had to switch).

For me the Lopata love in has got to stop, has been exceptional for us but a few mistakes of late and I think he was at fault for the 2nd goal today - a replay may prove me wrong on that mind.

We have at least stopped the rot, and hopefully we can now get a few back from injury.

All the time we fold into a bunch of wet lettuces every time we concede we will not be getting out of this league.

We absolutely gifted Altrincham their 2 goals, it was worse than schoolboy football.
Having been in total control & on top for so much of the game, in the end we were very lucky to get a point.

I have always been & remain a fan of the 3 amigo's but before they look at resolving our poor forward line please please please put the goalkeeping crisis on top of the Xmas shopping list.

How will they do that when under an embargo all because of one persons recklessness of running a football club.

Who would you have brought on mate? We had 3 defenders on the bench plus a youth player and Cosgrave. We’re a bit screwed with injuries at the minute.
Anyone but Mooney who should have gone of earlier was sh!te and Wreh slowing up, wouldn't have hurt getting Cosgrave earlier and Sandat a go as the others were slowing up🤨

Comes in cycles. Hopefully the new year brings a better one

Maher subs way too late again😡
I thought this at one point too, but then I sat back and realised that he (quite rightly, unfortunately) didn't feel he had anyone on the bench today who could change things. When he has options on the bench - e.g. 6 or 7 games ago when we didn't have so many injuries and could have Hyde, Husin, Cardwell and Mooney on the bench - Kev was way earlier and less cautious with his substitutions.

That's not really joined up thinking.If we weren't under an embargo we could get in replacements for any injured players.
I guess that depends on whether there was enough money to bring players in and pay the bills and play the wages.

One things for certain, if Dackers had stayed we'd have had one more striker available

Today reinforced the cruel reality that we are no more than a solid lower-mid table team.
Can't even hang our hats on having a good defensive record anymore. Now we are equally ineffective at both ends of the pitch.

Much better performance as against Aldershot but defense is struggling not sure bringing back Ralph has down us any favours.Mooney looks lethargic and uninterested hopefully he isn't out for long as strikers are short in numbers.Finally really not sure about Blondi.Nothing will change until the embargo is lifted so regrettably we have to put up with it.

Summed up most of the second half and our current situation when the senior gentleman stretcher bearer dropped his end and Darren Currie had to take over.
That happened right in front of us. It was very funny but it summed up the afternoon in my opinion. Although I did feel sorry for the guy, I hope it doesn't exacerbate Mooney's injury.

That happened right in front of us. It was very funny but it summed up the afternoon in my opinion. Although I did feel sorry for the guy, I hope it doesn't exacerbate Mooney's injury.
Right in front of us as well although the speed they were carrying the stretcher round to collect Mooney hadn't filled me with confidence.
JG struggled get Mooney vertical on the pitch and try and help him off. He was only helped by Miley who ran past several team mates to assist and carry Mooney and JGs stuff off.

It’s very easy to be critical of the team when things are not running for us and it is true that we were individually and collectively below our best today but everyone kept working and pressing hard which is encouraging. Unfortunately our midfield was not strong enough to prevent Altrincham slicing through and once their forwards were able to attack a back-pedalling defence at pace we looked vulnerable. Football is full of ups and downs and this team will learn from these bumps in the road. We will have better days.

Back