• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Due to a hectic year end I forget to claim my outstanding holiday pay and my agency state that all unclaimed holiday pay is forfeited at the end of each calendar year.

The sum involved is about £1500 which won't kill me but is obviously money I would rather have sitting in my bank account.

Might not be worth peeing off your agency - but could it be considered an unfair condition of contract? Afterall you probably don't know exactly how much holiday is unused until 1 Jan or 31 Dec

My father recently passed away and I will have to make many trips to Leicestershire over the next few month to sort things out.

I will be using his car which is a fairly unspectacular Mazda CX 5 but to get the cheapest insurance deal I have had to accept getting a black box installed despite having 32 years of late braking, fast cornering driving expertise.
Sorry to hear that mate.

Waiting to purchase a house that had two probates. Had to wait for the first one to be done (completed in september) and now waiting for this one. Already sold our place, living with parents, just seems to be taking forever!

Waiting to purchase a house that had two probates. Had to wait for the first one to be done (completed in september) and now waiting for this one. Already sold our place, living with parents, just seems to be taking forever!
Fingers-crossed for a speedy conclusion for you

My father recently passed away and I will have to make many trips to Leicestershire over the next few month to sort things out.

I will be using his car which is a fairly unspectacular Mazda CX 5 but to get the cheapest insurance deal I have had to accept getting a black box installed despite having 32 years of late braking, fast cornering driving expertise.
Sorry for your loss Cyril, hard at anytime but especially around this season.

Mazda make reliable cars, CX5s are generally comfortable but not great drives, what is the purpose of the black box? Will it limit you to speed limits? Or dobb you in to insurance if you are naughty?

Sorry for your loss Cyril, hard at anytime but especially around this season.

Mazda make reliable cars, CX5s are generally comfortable but not great drives, what is the purpose of the black box? Will it limit you to speed limits? Or dobb you in to insurance if you are naughty?
No idea but it was by far the cheapest quote.

I suspect the black box data will be used to raise standards in driving excellence.

No idea but it was by far the cheapest quote.

I suspect the black box data will be used to raise standards in driving excellence.

The black box is so insurers can monitor your speed, breaking and general driving standard. That data gets sent to the insurer who will give you a certain amount of strikes before they makes changes to your policy.

It's a box usually aimed at young drivers and really relates to price and trying to make it affordable for younger people to get insurance. If were to constantly speed then your price would go up but on the flip side if you were constantly driving well, your price would go down.

The black box is so insurers can monitor your speed, breaking and general driving standard. That data gets sent to the insurer who will give you a certain amount of strikes before they makes changes to your policy.

It's a box usually aimed at young drivers and really relates to price and trying to make it affordable for younger people to get insurance. If were to constantly speed then your price would go up but on the flip side if you were constantly driving well, your price would go down.
The thing is I am 50 and have been driving for 33 years although on a shared policy for the last 10 years or so.

Would it? Or would the price just go up by less?

@Rob Noxious if you have suffered from any of the issues highlighted in this post that was liked by a certain forum user you can contact SZ’s what’s hacking you off thread…
Ha - I think I may have been particularly annoying at times for both my brothers and they did well to manage my youthful behaviour generally without recourse to physical chastisement.

Prince Harry. No brain again. Claiming to have killed 25 Taliban whilst serving in the British Army. Not only is it tasteless, and not a thing to make public when you're high profile, and a Royal by name. But it's also put him at risk, and his family and those that are anywhere near him. You'd better double your security Harry.

Prince Harry. No brain again. Claiming to have killed 25 Taliban whilst serving in the British Army. Not only is it tasteless, and not a thing to make public when you're high profile, and a Royal by name. But it's also put him at risk, and his family and those that are anywhere near him. You'd better double your security Harry.

When you think that fool couldn't get any worse, he pulls this one out of the box.

Who is this couples adviser, they need shooting.

This book has backfired big time.

Back