• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

The only places that could be adequate for a season or so are:

Canvey Island fc
Braintree town
Daggers
Billericay
Col u
Chelmsford

I'd prefer Wakering if we had to ground share but doubt its up to the job.

If you groundshare the grass pitch is often not up to that many games, therefore you would probably need to find a club with a plastic pitch, Billericay from that list has a plastic pitch I believe but only a 5K ground capaciy.

I think the time will come when probably Tom, under the orders of Ron, will ask fans that are builders, plumbers, painters, scaffolders and anyone that wants to help, to volunteer to fix many of these problems. It's doable, and will save the club a hell of a lot of money that they would lose on a ground share.
That was tried for Boots & Laces and only (literally) a couple of people turned up.

I think the time will come when probably Tom, under the orders of Ron, will ask fans that are builders, plumbers, painters, scaffolders and anyone that wants to help, to volunteer to fix many of these problems. It's doable, and will save the club a hell of a lot of money that they would lose on a ground share.
I am happy to have a go at erecting the soccerdome if Ron has the instructions.

Ground grading is not black and white - there are a plethora of categories to be considered including parking provision, floodlight specs, catering provision, ingress & egress arrangements, segregation options etc.

However, at the high level, you'll need at least 4,000 capacity with a minimum of 500 covered seats.

There are a few Clubs quoted on this thread that might scrape that - Billericay and Braintree would be two that spring to mind.

Never mind, Roots Hall may be falling apart but Tom Lawrence wanted a more green look about the place didn’t he? Hoped he’d at least deliver on the bike rack he promised before the ground finally fell down and went back to nature though 🤔

Never mind, Roots Hall may be falling apart but Tom Lawrence wanted a more green look about the place didn’t he? Hoped he’d at least deliver on the bike rack he promised before the ground finally fell down and went back to nature though 🤔

Yeah. Can't pay the players or staff, but he should pay to purchase and install a bike rack.

Some lower paid staff not paid over Christmas, but the bloke didn't let you put up a flag So let's have another little dig.

Yeah. Can't pay the players or staff, but he should pay to purchase and install a bike rack.

Some lower paid staff not paid over Christmas, but the bloke didn't let you put up a flag So let's have another little dig.
It was sarcasm. Sorry you didn’t understand. Not my flag, the fans flag and you don’t know the full story behind that either. Never mind 🤔

The only places that could be adequate for a season or so are:

Canvey Island fc
Braintree town
Daggers
Billericay
Col u
Chelmsford

I'd prefer Wakering if we had to ground share but doubt its up to the job.
Ground grading is not black and white - there are a plethora of categories to be considered including parking provision, floodlight specs, catering provision, ingress & egress arrangements, segregation options etc.

However, at the high level, you'll need at least 4,000 capacity with a minimum of 500 covered seats.

There are a few Clubs quoted on this thread that might scrape that - Billericay and Braintree would be two that spring to mind.
Yep, grading is quite an involved process with many factors to consider. Braintree could be okay (having been in the National before) but not Billericay, upgrades would be required.

Yep, grading is quite an involved process with many factors to consider. Braintree could be okay (having been in the National before) but not Billericay, upgrades would be required.
Billericay would be acceptable based on capacity and the ability to segregate.
Floodlights should also be 250 lux at their level so fine for NL.
The big issue there is parking, but they do/did have an arrangement with the cricket club.

I'd expect any local groundshare would require special dispensation from the NL on any shortcomings over and above the fundamentals.

The other less convenient options would be Daggers, Orient or, of course, Col U.
London Stadium would also be a possibility given the third party control of the venue.

It was sarcasm. Sorry you didn’t understand. Not my flag, the fans flag and you don’t know the full story behind that either. Never mind 🤔

Ah cool. Your sarcasm was like all those posts when you weren't being sarcastic.

It's difficult and tiresome telling the difference.

Not down to Tom that one, that was a SUCET initiative and they decided the grant wasn't worth pursuing with the move of scholars to Garons. Covered in Liaison Meeting Minutes.

Billericay would be acceptable based on capacity and the ability to segregate.
Floodlights should also be 250 lux at their level so fine for NL.
The big issue there is parking, but they do/did have an arrangement with the cricket club.

I'd expect any local groundshare would require special dispensation from the NL on any shortcomings over and above the fundamentals.

The other less convenient options would be Daggers, Orient or, of course, Col U.
London Stadium would also be a possibility given the third party control of the venue.
My concern with Billericay would be parking. Is Canvey not at the level required?

Needs 500 covered seats. Might be OK.
Lets hope so but very small for your fanbase, Orient or Col U would be far better especially for parking, we have (As you know!) around 700 spaces at Col U, 1000 across the road at the Park and Ride and the new Leisure Gateway should be open next season offering loads of eateries and extra entertainment, and 750 parking spaces some with charging points. https://northerngatewaycolchester.co.uk/leisure-park/

Back