• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

If its condemned, is ground sharing with someone enough of an option to bypass the covenant and let rm bulldoze our home is what im getting at.
No. Without a football ground in the borough it cannot be touched

Who knows. I’d be surprised if we could afford to ground share tbh. It might end up being a case of closing several sections of RH (like we’ve done with the NW corner) and squeezing everyone into a handful or areas, such as The South Stand & half of the East/West.
Think this would be the only option, no club is going to trust us to keep up with the fees for ground sharing, unless we can somehow find the money to pay up front.

Cramming people into the South/parts of the East/West is only going to put even more of a strain on the finances as well. There’d be little room for non-season ticket holder sales. Also probably going to be season ticket holders asking for refunds when the club tries to move them to the South Lower.
Not to Conf Natl standards and too small in capacity, would need money spent on it for upgrades
What is this based on? There are worse grounds than Billericay’s in the league already. Dorking and Wealdstone for example have worse grounds with smaller capacities..

Not that we will be ground sharing but I seem to recall a requirement of 3,000 seats?

I don't think there is a ground in Essex that meets NL standards and/or our capacity requirements, if we ever looked at sharing....

Other than of course Col Ewe....but the day we go cap in hand to that lot asking to be lodgers is the day my support ends for this club! :ROFL:

Look up the Ground Grading info, it’s very detailed as to what is required at each level of the non-league game.

Agree about Wealdstone, more so Dorking (which barely scrapes in at Natl South/North standard) tho understand clubs do have leeway to upgrade their facilities to meet Natl League minimum requirements. Not convinced anything can easily be improved at Dorking.

Not as many as 3,000 seats required.

No. Without a football ground in the borough it cannot be touched
Are you 100% certain about that? Seems to be some doubt expressed by people.

Law isnt my area of expertise so be interested to hear views from qualified people.

I think the time will come when probably Tom, under the orders of Ron, will ask fans that are builders, plumbers, painters, scaffolders and anyone that wants to help, to volunteer to fix many of these problems. It's doable, and will save the club a hell of a lot of money that they would lose on a ground share.

I think the time will come when probably Tom, under the orders of Ron, will ask fans that are builders, plumbers, painters, and anyone that wants to help, to volunteer to fix many of these problems. It's doable, and will save the club a hell of a lot of money that they would lose on a ground share.

I think we've been down that road but it's untenable due to insurance issues.

I think the time will come when probably Tom, under the orders of Ron, will ask fans that are builders, plumbers, painters, scaffolders and anyone that wants to help, to volunteer to fix many of these problems. It's doable, and will save the club a hell of a lot of money that they would lose on a ground share.
We need bank robbers at this stage.

Over heard in West on Saturday, obviously not verbatim.

'I can see the whole fossetts saga delayed indefinitely, Roots Hall finally being condemned and they put up temporary seating along one side and standing areas for the rest at new training pitches'.

Obviously my first thought was no way as no suitable road access as such and infrastructure to accommodate this let alone further planning permission delays.

Not to Conf Natl standards and too small in capacity, would need money spent on it for upgrades
Had a look online and 500 covered seats and 4000 capacity is national league requirement which Billericay meets but maybe other requirements it dosent

Are you 100% certain about that? Seems to be some doubt expressed by people.

Law isnt my area of expertise so be interested to hear views from qualified people.
Don’t let that stop you pretending you know your stuff, everyone else speaks as if they are lawyers with their hearsay.

The ground will not be shutting. We won’t be sharing with Col U.

Don’t let that stop you pretending you know your stuff, everyone else speaks as if they are lawyers with their hearsay.

The ground will not be shutting. We won’t be sharing with Col U.
Lol true. Im sure we have a couple of actual lawyers on here though.

Whether the ground shuts or not might be beyond our control. Dont forget what the withdean was like for brighton. Southchurch park esque...

Back