• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

Has Ron Martin actually got any good friends on here or people that support all that he has or hasn’t done to this club, anyone willing to say they support him fully ?
I despise the way he has managed SUFC, he has brought it to the brink on so many occasions and caused pain to so many loyal supporters. But there is a chink in his armour! My Dad was a season ticket holder for many, many years until ill health forced him to give it up. When he didn't renew, Ron personally phoned him up and had a long chat about why he wasn't renewing. When my Dad explained that it was impossible for him to sit in his seat for a match duration, Ron offered to arrange for a place that my Dad could get to in his wheel chair and sit comfortably during the matches. Unfortunately, my Dad's was suffering with Parkinson's, arthritis and other conditions that made it impossible for him to sit for 90 minutes so he had to decline Ron's offer... but it was kind of him to try to help my Dad!

Why can't you be happy (for a few hours at least) that the threat of extinction tomorrow has been lifted?
I take your point, but ironic to think that we are being invited to be happy at a last minute reprieve of the death sentence !! How did we ever sink so deep as to have such low aspirations??........................................oh yeah.....Ron Martin.

We could be if the start of Fossetts building work gets pushed back. The bridging finance was applied for with the expectation that a **** tonne of money would be released in June. That's not looking quite so likely as things stand.
It won't.

Purdah starts in a few weeks. That will last untip early/mid-May. There is around a 3/4 week window for him to sort it all

It won't.

Purdah starts in a few weeks. That will last untip early/mid-May. There is around a 3/4 week window for him to sort it all
Will Purdah affect the decision if it is delegated to officers? I thought Purdah only applied to elected representatives?

These lot really need to ban whoever controls their social media. Because they make them look like a right cow boy outfit!
If I’m not wrong isn’t tom Lawrence a director of PH services? If so then surely they would have known. They look just as unprofessional as us tonight.

Back