• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

Reading between the lines "the Club can confirm the monies owed to HMRC, under the Petition, have been paid in full"

So basically we have only paid off the historic debt, and not the liabilities accrued since then.
Of course. That's what is required to get the petition dismissed. Once that happens there should be a longer statement. And other outstanding debts addressed. That's the order it happens in..

Plus 'Funds as working capital have also been injected to help Southend United over the coming months' so hopefully the club can be run correctly and this may not happen ahaiin.

The fact remains that our expenditure remains higher than our income. We now have an additional expense - paying off the finance that we've presumably borrowed to settle up with HMRC. This situation WILL happen again until the clubs finances completely change - which apparently all depends on houses and a new stadium being built.

And what do the fans want as soon as HMRC have been paid? The embargo to be lifted so more players can be signed! Do fans really want the club run responsibly at all?

Has Ron Martin actually got any good friends on here or people that support all that he has or hasn’t done to this club, anyone willing to say they support him fully ?

What about the staff that are still waiting to be paid?

What about the St.John's Ambulance?

What is happening with the Training Ground?

Why have you not filled accounts for 2 years?

Can you guarantee there will be no more winding up orders?

A lot of info missing from RM that needs answering
Oh shud up 🤦🏻‍♂️ just be grateful that we not closing down tomorrow.

I think Chris Phillip and Echo jumped their guns too quickly, they should wait until Thursday!

I note that it’s the monies owed under the petition that have been paid rather than necessarily all tax due. How soon before another petition?
Presumably that will be covered by this bit:

"Funds as working capital have also been injected to help Southend United over the coming months."

The problem is, with Ron, you just never know.

I don't pretend to understand in the slightest the workings of finances in a business. But a question please to those of you who understand these sort of things. How does a tin pot club like ours possibly owe 2 million in tax. This happens on a regular basis as we know. We always seem to owe millions. How? Thank you to any one who can enlighten me.

I see PG have got the hump again.

This could "boil" over.

Yeah I think that's my fault.

I'm delighted they have supported the club I really am and agree they should be kept in the loop, but their social media policy is pony.

Have to assume that Tom having a foot in both camps must have kept the higher ups in the loop.

Suppose the question is, let's say its not management running the account and it's a standard worker or family member, then they wouldn't be privy to the finer details.

Either way. Get off twitter and call Tom.

Full steam ahead to get a play-off place now. For now, all of the financial crap that has existed for far too long and probably will exist again must be put aside... let's get out of this dire league...

Back