• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

I just heard Our Great Leader is preparing his speech right now for Friday from the directors box. To be delivered Delia stlylie, after many bottles of Champagne. Apparently it starts, ''PEASANTS, SERVANTS, DOUBTERS, WENCHES AND TROLLS''.
will all supporters find a southend united for ever scarf on there seats friday night to wave at our great leader to thank him for saving our club

Well we still have a club, now lets hope RM can finally get his act together and do the right thing by the players ,staff , supporters and sponsors and also to Darlington and York and the many other small businesses he owes money to God willing ( fingers crossed ) we never have to go through this again .
i still think like myself many supporters are still thinking same time next season ron .

Just thinking. If. God forbid, this situation arises again, what kind of coverage we'll get? This time, nationwide coverage on TV . the media and lots of sympathy and concern from other clubs' supporters. Next time, crying wolf ???

A very good point. When it happens again (and it likely will), we may find the media wont take as much notice next time as they'll just assume he'll just eventually pay it like he did this time. Having said that, we didn't get as much attention this time round as we should have.

Even when there aren't financial problems it seems that quite often bills aren't paid until legal action is threatened. Think it's wishful thinking that anytime soon we will become a respected outfit for players, businesses, agents, other clubs.
This episode has been particularly bad for the club, so just returning to the previous version of bad is good!
What is this myth you speak of, Sir?

Anyone else find it weird that RM went to court today? Seems odd given he’d paid prior so must have been something that he was worried about…

Anyone else find it weird that RM went to court today? Seems odd given he’d paid prior so must have been something that he was worried about…
He had another business facing a winding up order at 11.30 I think ? Don’t know the outcome of that one

Just seen on bbc east Southend piece said the club had paid HRMC 1.4 million but I thought the amount owed was nearer to 2 million?

Just seen on bbc east Southend piece said the club had paid HRMC 1.4 million but I thought the amount owed was nearer to 2 million?

It’s possible that the winding up petition was for £1.4m, but the overall figure that has been mentioned (closer to £2m) is the tax we’ve run up since the initial petition. So a further £600k owing,

I suppose.

No it is common practice fro him to be there for the hearing .Be it 30 seconds or 30 mins .

So Ron's got his 5 million as a loan in the clubs name, anyone worried about what he does with that money and where it gets used?

Even when there aren't financial problems it seems that quite often bills aren't paid until legal action is threatened. Think it's wishful thinking that anytime soon we will become a respected outfit for players, businesses, agents, other clubs.
This episode has been particularly bad for the club, so just returning to the previous version of bad is good!
Sadly its not uncommon in business. We've had quite a few clients over the years who simply don't pay until you start sending emails threatening legal action and suddenly hey presto, they pay. Its the old 'my money's better off in my account than yours, until the last possible moment' form of accounting. Doesn't win many friends but improves their cash-flow!

Back