• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement on OS: HMRC paid in full (28th Feb 2023)

Hasn’t Ron’s company that took it out than lent it to SUFC so either way there’s a £5m loan to SUFC.

Yeah sorry not disputing that (I don't think my comment suggested that either)

The comment was the loan was taken out in Southends name. I said that I'm not sure it's in the clubs name. Not that some of that loan won't be used by the club.

Genuinely interested which of the myriad of companies actually secured the loan.

Hasn’t Ron’s company that took it out than lent it to SUFC so either way there’s a £5m loan to SUFC.

There is - but an intercompany loan we may not pay interest on in cash, e.g., it may just accrue as debt rather than be a cash outflow. And it may not be repaid at all if Ron writes off some/all the debt. If the loan was direct to us then I suspect interest would need to be paid in actual cash and the lending company would probably want repaying.

Yesterday was the formality we all wanted in November. The legal team from HMRC confirmed that the money had been paid.

I managed to speak to Ron very briefly to congratulate him on sorting it out and, though I cannot remember the exact words he used, he was basically intimating that I should be grateful for him doing so. I did cheekily suggest that it was a little close but he just said that things take time.

He wasn't giving a lot away but maybe his mind was on Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd that would be in court an hour later. Two firms in the insolvency courts probably explains why he was there but Anna and James weren't this time.

Yesterday was the formality we all wanted in November. The legal team from HMRC confirmed that the money had been paid.

I managed to speak to Ron very briefly to congratulate him on sorting it out and, though I cannot remember the exact words he used, he was basically intimating that I should be grateful for him doing so. I did cheekily suggest that it was a little close but he just said that things take time.

He wasn't giving a lot away but maybe his mind was on Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd that would be in court an hour later. Two firms in the insolvency courts probably explains why he was there but Anna and James weren't this time.
This bit just blows my mind. And not in a good way.

Man’s ego has no limits. Christ.

What was the outcome of Leckhampton

The only time I will be grateful to Ron is when he sells the club.

The guys ego is truly unbelievable. That man deserves no credit for what he’s put this club through!!

Makes me want to vomit.

Genuinely cannot wait for the day he leaves.

Why on earth “congratulate” him on sorting out what is simply a long overdue legal obligation?

Doesn’t excuse his arrogance but can’t see why anyone would feed his ego with thanks or gratitude

Why on earth “congratulate” him on sorting out what is simply a long overdue legal obligation?

Doesn’t excuse his arrogance but can’t see why anyone would feed his ego with thanks or gratitude
"Should be grateful" ???? ....

the man is completely delusional and has absolutely no sight of his responsibility as a football club chairman. Should the players be grateful for being paid by a loan after not paying them for months? Should the staff be grateful for working for nothing? These people have bills to pay and mouths to feed... but be grateful!!

Should the fans be greatful for paying their own hard earned cash to attend games in a stadium that is nearly derelict and where the food is crap???

His arrogance and narcissism is on another level and it's not a congratulations he deserves. Sorry but those who think so are as delusional as he is!!

Sometimes you've just got to stroke his ego to get a response out of him. It's a game that many have had to play over the years.

…..Good question. I have long believed that the zone has a number of stooges and plants , (some more cleverly subtle than others) , that are placed here to specifically support Ron, deflect criticism of Ron, deliberately split the fanbase, or at least offer a more sympathetic view of him than history or logic would allow or suggest .
I think I could probably suggest about 6 or 7 regulars , but on the basis of ”innocent until proven guilty“ perhaps now isn’t the time. They often start with something like “I’m no fan of Ron’s, but”……….
Do you put your tinfoil hat on just when you post here or do you wear it all the time? 😉.

The idea of ron giving a **** enough to waste his time planting posters on an internet forum is preposterous .

Last edited:
Back