• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

To be honest, I know he was good but the times I've seen him our other defensders made more of an impact on the game.

Hope you have a good career just don't act like you were fond of the club in the future!

It only surprises me that he seemed so determined to come to us before. Anyway. Best of luck kasper. Youll need it with an agent who seems to keep getting you into contracts that you don’t like

I think initially I thought his actions were poorly timed but maybe driven by an agent who felt aggrieved. Therefore I was prepared to put it down to that.

After tonight’s tweet my opinion has changed. He hasn’t beaten Ron as he claims to have done. He has beaten Southend United. The club he supposedly wanted to play for. He has beaten us out of a player when we really needed him. A player who he knows we cannot replace. A player who could have brought in a significant fee. For what? To play at the same level for the rest of the season and maybe into next season?

So forgive me but I find him classless, arrogant and a little jumped up for a fifth tier centre half.

Question to everyone that considers KP at fault. If your employer failed to pay you and you had outgoings Mortgage, Rent, Food, Utility bills to pay. Would you honestly continue to work for the employer?
If you were in this situation would you honestly stay if you were approached by another company offering stability and better prospects?
You may be recognised by others as being a great prospect/someone that would add value to an organisation. As such you may have multiple offers - would you stick with the employer not offering stability with limited prospects?

if you say yes then you are a better man than me!!

My opinion of him for what its worth, Hes a 2 faced prick , signed for us saying how he loved this club and the supporters then at the first chance stabs the club and supporters in the back, ,I hope he never gets to return to RH or FF if ever its built, Never want the boy to grace our playing field again .As for his career i couldnt care less .

My view is that he was probably right to put pressure on by giving notice whilst remaining unpaid. But once he was paid he didn't have to then follow through and rip his contract up and leave. The late wages causing the problem had been rectified.

Question to everyone that considers KP at fault. If your employer failed to pay you and you had outgoings Mortgage, Rent, Food, Utility bills to pay. Would you honestly continue to work for the employer?
If you were in this situation would you honestly stay if you were approached by another company offering stability and better prospects?
You may be recognised by others as being a great prospect/someone that would add value to an organisation. As such you may have multiple offers - would you stick with the employer not offering stability with limited prospects?

if you say yes then you are a better man than me!!
I think this is the wrong approach, no one is considering him at fault. It’s his attitude and actions after the fact. The way he has conducted himself.

He isn’t the only one at the club who hasn’t been paid.

Complete Nob, could have waited until end of season and left/forced a moved.

Self centred prick only interested in himself….not sure his career will go anywhere unless he grows up quickly.

I get the whole Ron thing….but none of the rest of the squad have behaved like this.
None of the rest of the squad were locked for another 18 months into a contract, that wasn’t being fulfilled, when they could walk into another job for more money.

It’s ok for the likes of Hobson, Bridge, Ralph etc they can flee in the summer but for those under contract into 2024 and beyond they’re going to have months and months or waiting to see if their pay turns up or not.

It would be one thing if this was an one off but who on here would be surprised if their wages don’t turn up next week?

If we don’t get a new owner by June/July we’re staring at administration. So I don’t blame any player who wants to get a head start to make sure they are a free agent before clubs have spent all their budget and so they can decide where to go. We saw how Ron blocked Elvis from moving to a club of his choosing by requiring a fee teams weren’t prepared to meet. If Elvis had the benefit of hindsight he’d have handed in his notice when he went unpaid instead of waiting until the summer like you suggest.

I think this is the wrong approach, no one is considering him at fault. It’s his attitude and actions after the fact. The way he has conducted himself.
In blaming the chairman?

He isn’t the only one at the club who hasn’t been paid.

But he was the only one with the leverage to do something about it.

In blaming the chairman?

But he was the only one with the leverage to do something about it.
That you know of? Do you know that others didn’t have leverage? I’m not saying I know others did.

Doing it publicly on social media isn’t the best way to go about your business. If he had not of put his recent posts out we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

No one is disagreeing with the action of the late payments or breach of contract. Him wanting to get out of a **** situation. It’s the way he’s taken to social media that just makes him look immature and unprofessional.

None of the rest of the squad were locked for another 18 months into a contract, that wasn’t being fulfilled, when they could walk into another job for more money.

It’s ok for the likes of Hobson, Bridge, Ralph etc they can flee in the summer but for those under contract into 2024 and beyond they’re going to have months and months or waiting to see if their pay turns up or not.

It would be one thing if this was an one off but who on here would be surprised if their wages don’t turn up next week?

If we don’t get a new owner by June/July we’re staring at administration. So I don’t blame any player who wants to get a head start to make sure they are a free agent before clubs have spent all their budget and so they can decide where to go. We saw how Ron blocked Elvis from moving to a club of his choosing by requiring a fee teams weren’t prepared to meet. If Elvis had the benefit of hindsight he’d have handed in his notice when he went unpaid instead of waiting until the summer like you suggest.
And where is Elvis now…playing in Iceland last I heard.

Football is not like real life…reputation and image plays a big part. Kasper will not have done himself any favours here in the football community. He knew the deal and the clubs financial issues when he joined. He was subsequently paid, albeit a month late. I think he has been very immature and badly advised In his approach here.

I think the bigger surprise is I actually thought so much of him when he joined, dropping down to a league that he is clearly better then in terms of pure footballing ability rather then sitting in Sheffield Utd reserves and being loaned out constantly.

It is what it is, but I certainly won’t be welcoming him back if he rocks up at Roots Hall next year playing for Chesterfiel!

And where is Elvis now…playing in Iceland last I heard.
Yes, because he did what you were advising Łopata to do and stayed put until the summer rather than treating his non-payment as a repudiatory breach and get out whilst he could!

Yes, because he did what you were advising Łopata to do and stayed put until the summer rather than treating his non-payment as a repudiatory breach and get out whilst he could!
My point was about forcing an agenda…Elvis refusing to play and Kasper terminating his contract. Both smack of an arrogance, immaturity and poor advice.

Thinking Jack Payne, Kane Ferdinand, Dru Yearwood…all left too soon under **** agent advice!

Much prefer Bentley or Leonard’s approach!

My point was about forcing an agenda…Elvis refusing to play and Kasper terminating his contract. Both smack of an arrogance, immaturity and poor advice.

Thinking Jack Payne, Kane Ferdinand, Dru Yearwood…all left too soon under **** agent advice!

Dru is actually very successful... Has a nice apartment in New York and a first team place in the MLS.

He is also only 23!

I have a really hard time imagining Dru in NY thinking how it all went wrong when he left Southend and how if he’d played his cards right he’d now be playing National League football with us.

Even Kane Ferdinand, the least successful of those, is probably grateful for his move to Peterborough which will likely have allowed him to buy a house, something that might otherwise be beyond him as a National League player now.

As much as Kasper was right to walk away the facts are right now:

He is an unemployed national league footballer.

He is looking for his 3rd club this season.

There are question marks about his attitude, not just on social media but as being part of a team.

Whilst he wasn't actually that good this season and couldn't get back in the team after his injury.

He may be 2 nil up against Ron but that win may do him more damage in the long run.

Back