• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kacper Lopata

He has signed for Barnsley and loaned to Woking for rest of the season. Good move for him!!

Has that actually been confirmed? I’ve not seen anything official to say he has signed for Barnsley and then loaned to Woking.

My understanding was he couldn’t sign for an EFL club, as the transfer window was shut and he wasn’t a free agent at that time.

He can still sign as a free agent for a NL club, because he was a free agent when the window closed.

Sure he will bring out the waters works, like he did in court, to ensure he gets what he wants

Has that actually been confirmed? I’ve not seen anything official to say he has signed for Barnsley and then loaned to Woking.

My understanding was he couldn’t sign for an EFL club, as the transfer window was shut and he wasn’t a free agent at that time.

He can still sign as a free agent for a NL club, because he was a free agent when the window closed.
You are probably already aware, but this is the basis of the current assumptions.

I don't understand how Barnsley could hold his registration to loan him out to Woking anyway. Surely he doesn't become a Barnsley player until July 1st, so won't be theirs to loan now?

Also, isn't yesterday's deadline final? Free agents can't sign and play in our league for the rest of the season now either.

I don't understand how Barnsley could hold his registration to loan him out to Woking anyway. Surely he doesn't become a Barnsley player until July 1st, so won't be theirs to loan now?

Also, isn't yesterday's deadline final? Free agents can't sign and play in our league for the rest of the season now either.
I think the transfer window re-opens around 9th June so would formally sign then.

He has signed for Barnsley and loaned to Woking for rest of the season. Good move for him!!
He was at Sheff Utd (Reserves) on loan to us last season

Potentially now Barnsley reserves, on loan to Woking

That’s a backwards step surely. Obviously he then signed for us, but he’d have surely got a better gig than Barnsley come end of the season at RH.

That’s a backwards step surely. Obviously he then signed for us, but he’d have surely got a better gig than Barnsley come end of the season at RH.
League 1 club with a shout in the play offs seems quite a step up from fifth tier mid table mediocrity.

L1 is the perfect level for him at this stage of his career. He could have likely found a Championship club but would be buried down the depth chart. This gives him a good chance to play regularly next season at a higher level and a wage increase to boot. If/when he impresses at L1 he can then move up to the Championship.

The loan to Woking was only as L1 clubs are outside their transfer window.

Reactions: RHB
He's not good enough for L1 yet and won't be good enough for Barnsley if they go up, the mixups he had with Blondy were all at least partially his fault.

He also has a knack of getting caught on the ball at least once a game.

He's not good enough for L1 yet and won't be good enough for Barnsley if they go up, the mixups he had with Blondy were all at least partially his fault.

He also has a knack of getting caught on the ball at least once a game.
With the right coaching and nurturing Kacper can have a really good career. Sheffield Utd saw his potential but he wanted Championship football before he was ready. Provided he listens to the Barnsley coaches and continues to learn his trade he'll be ok. If he doesn't listen, well we'll see. And with that he's dead to me now :Winking:

funny how things change so quickly though, when he was our player the over the top comments about how good he was where endless. Now according to some Woking is his level

funny how things change so quickly though, when he was our player the over the top comments about how good he was where endless. Now according to some Woking is his level
Let's be honest he's better than this league but he has a ceiling, as a centre back in this league he doesn't need to be a good footballer technically, for me Hobson and Kensdale have better fundamentals, neither are better than kacper at getting a head on the ball though

The higher up the leagues he goes the more important being a footballer is, I hope he improves on that part

So has he signed anywhere aside from a few rumours? Haven’t seen anything confirmed.

Back