• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shirt sponsorship next season - PG Site Services again

Did I read the Echo right…. Our sponsor has a winding up petition on us?

If so, surely they won’t be around next season
I imagine their lawyers advised them that joining the WUP would put them in a place of strength for getting repaid (I believe they'll need to be settled for the WUP to be dismissed).

That said, it really doesn't make sense for this relationship to continue any longer, regardless of Ron at the helm or otherwise.

There's something distasteful about PG Site Services - regardless of their beef with Ron.
The phrase knee-jerk was designed to fit these hombres.
I perfectly get why they're ticked off - aren't we all? I'm sure they're owed: again - aren't we all?
But their desire to make it as public as possible, in contrast to the closed-shop society that is SUFC for once doesn't fit well.
A sponsor by definition is a supporter. Maybe, they're doing the right thing, but I'm not sure they're going the right way about it.

What a small minded and bitter attitude!! You do realise that it’s quite possible that SUFC would have already gone , had it not been for PGs input ???

Wake up.

Ironically, after the news today, they very well could have been instrumental in the club being wound up today.

Funny what can come to light in a few days.

I imagine their lawyers advised them that joining the WUP would put them in a place of strength for getting repaid (I believe they'll need to be settled for the WUP to be dismissed).

That said, it really doesn't make sense for this relationship to continue any longer, regardless of Ron at the helm or otherwise.
'Their lawyer' is presumably TL

Shenanigans abound. The intent of some, for so long, is rearing its ugly head. When the games are over it will be interesting to see if the club is the main loser in the hands of the Machiavellian new owners.

Toxic Ron has already done that all by himself. SUFC are a laughing stock and a pariah thanks to the “glorious leader”

I am very grateful to our sponsors for sticking with us. Most wouldn’t have done so.
Only to a small number of people on this forum.
Every fan I have spoken to regarding the plight of our club in its present circumstances are empathetic and the major feeling amongst them all, especially those supporting teams not at the high end of the pyramid, is 'there but for the grace of god go I'.

Last edited:
I think they did that on the advice from TL ,it wasnt so much against the club but against RM, and im quite sure if you people were owed that money you would have joined the list also ,just surprised the Shrimpers Trust didnt either ,i do believe they are owed 40000 or am i wrong .

Think your bang on about that.

Utterly bizarre scenario tho, as it has been the last decade of rms tenure.

Why the beef with PG site services. TL would have know that the likelihood of an adjournment was pretty good as he would be aware of any sale going through. He probably advised PG to add themselves to make sure they get paid upon the takeover, and also to add some more weight behind the scenes to get rid of Ron. As much as we hate Ron and are fed up of being lied to, I would imagine Tom wants him gone as soon as possible too.

Why the beef with PG site services. TL would have know that the likelihood of an adjournment was pretty good as he would be aware of any sale going through. He probably advised PG to add themselves to make sure they get paid upon the takeover, and also to add some more weight behind the scenes to get rid of Ron. As much as we hate Ron and are fed up of being lied to, I would imagine Tom wants him gone as soon as possible too.
It's an interesting way of looking at the situation.

I too would like to think there is a little bit of subtle pressure being applied internally, by various people.

There are some very good people at our club and I know they will be doing what they can to assist with the quickest and cleanest exit for Ron as possible.

Lyndon B. Johnson — 'Better to have your enemies inside the tent ****ing out, than outside the tent ****ing in.'

Absolutely this. Why some are getting het up over PG and TL is beyond me unless it suits a continued agenda.

What takeover, reading between the lines of what was said in court yesterday there isn't any interest in buying the club
Think you might need to read the lines again.

It was mentioned in court that on the 20/04/2023 an investment memorandum was signed with interested parties, Basically it’s a of heads of agreement / heads of terms /letter of intent.

Essentially its a non-binding document outlining the main issues relevant to a tentative sale, partnership, or other agreement. Proof of funds have been provided by the interested parties (I believe the number was 2) and this would allow them access to complete further due diligence on the club (looking at accounts etc)

Absolutely this. Why some are getting het up over PG and TL is beyond me unless it suits a continued agenda.
Yes, lots of (well, some repeating it again and again) believe the club et al can be bought and put right for tens of thousands of pounds by fans etc. Far from even a few million, it will require huge investment to get Ron gone, AND coordinated constant pressure from all sides. In that PG are playing their part.

"Agents have been appointed" so what?? Doesn't indicate any interested buyers
That wasn’t the only thing said though was it. It was said that interested parties had provided proof of funds. They’re hardly going to provide proof of funds if they aren’t interested.

Back