• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-2 AFC Flyde.

Fylde had a game plan that worked and stuck to it; we looked exhausted and had too many square pegs in round holes. They deserved their win.

Can't fault the players or management, their hands are tied by the rat. Can't see us getting much out of Aldershot on Tuesday unless we can get Taylor and Ralph back in the side.
And Gus

Compare their right winger Ustabasi who was very quick, direct and strong and scored when they moved him into the middle to Mooney who wasn’t and didn’t.

Did their keeper make a save? They were what you expect from a lower small non league side work hard, niggly and fall over and the ref of course bought it all.
Mooney was not great but still better than one trick pony Bridge who now couldn’t go round anyone….injured or found out?

Thought we were leggy today, and a lack of squad depth meant we struggled against a physical side. Didn't really deserve anything from the game, not that we would have got it with this awful referee.

as others have pointed out we look shattered, for me it was only Wood, Kensdale, Cards and Cav that looked half decent today.
Miley probably deserved MoM just for those 2 last ditch tackles.
On to Tuesday when we have Gus back, and hopefully Taylor after his bout of food poisoning

Mooney was not great but still better than one trick pony Bridge who now couldn’t go round anyone….injured or found out?
I have to admit Bridge is starting to frustrate me by not delivering first time with his left, or cutting inside and putting in with his right
There was at least twice today where Cards was on the penalty spot waving for an early cross but Bridge hesitated and held up play.

If we had followed a standard plan of putting a player on the post and face up the corner we maybe wouldn't have conceded so damn quick and then been so nervous and anxious for the rest of the game up to the equaliser.
After we scored I thought we would go on to win as we then got some fluidity and shape.
The winner came on a fast break with players out of position.
So many players looked tired and injured, with possibly exceptions of Martin, Ollie K, Cav, Noor, Woody and (the kicked and elbowed) Cards; all others SO not 100% and Harry Taylor looked like he should have been home in bed with a sedative not on the bench.
The ref was very poor, crowd subdued.
Very tired performances but Cav M of M with maybe Cards running him close.

37 year old keeper who has played 1 match in 3 years.

One recognised CB with 35 years old JD and central midfielder Cav Miley in defense.

An out of form Dan Mooney out on the wing with 2 inexperienced players in Jack Wood and Oli Coker in the middle.

On the bench we had Powell, who I assume is still nursing an injury, Taylor who has food poisoning and Vilhete who has only been at the club for 5 minutes.

Were we expecting much else to happen against a physical and organised team?

<Dear valued customer, We apologize for the cancellation of the game due to faulty equipment on the Southend side. At this time, we cannot confirm any refunds. We understand the inconvenience this may have caused and are actively working towards a solution. We will keep you informed of any updates.
Best regards, <

GOT this earlier from NL livestreaming service.Not impressed. :Angry:
The picture and sound on Tuesday were poor.
It looks like it went one worse.

So Bridge is your new target is he?
He took a knock a few games ago on his ankle and is having to play through the pain due to Kev not having options due to Ron the Clown and the never ending embargo.

Start knocking the right people and lay off the players. Try and get behind them for once

Whether it was due to loyalty to the Tuesday night team, or whether it was down to the three on our bench being too injured to start, off we went with Tuesday night's line up. Obviously Flyde were incensed that we had grounded them to the bottom of the National League on Tuesday night with our Maidenhead 3 points, so out they came with a game plan of stopping up playing our high press game, out muscling us with some pretty chunky midfielders and to top it off they had a herd of giraffes at the front and back of their team.

Because of all of that, fate dictated that this would be a banana skin game for the Blues, and so it was and they had the temerity to score after 2 minutes. I have to say this totally bolloxed our normal quick passing game and instead we huffed and puffed launching high balls against the giraffes which we were never going to win. Half time arrived and 0-1 was the score to Flyde. Second half more of the same, high balls to Harry who continued to get out jumped by the giraffe on his back. I have to say we looked very leggy and we were getting out muscled in the middle of the park, with only Husin giving it some stick. The need for Miley to remain as part of the back 3 meant that time and time again we lost the second ball battle, and then, suddenly, a pass to Harry in their box was duly despatched by the man with the headband and we were back in it. Or so we thought, as Flyde then went and scored their second, this time with the giraffes leading their line doing the damage. So 1-2 down, and we looked knackered. We had a couple of sparks at an equaliser, but really, although the team worked their nuts off, that equaliser was never going to happen. The most surreal moment for me was when Callum came on and was immediately marked by their No 5. I reckon Callum was lucky if he came up to their man's navel.

Next up Aldershot on Tuesday, hey ho!

One of those depressing games where a win would have really lifted everybody for the week ahead. Unfortunately we were second best to a side who were physical,direct ,quicker and seemed to win every second ball .Some of the players were off the pace today ,but we know who's responsible for our lack of alternatives . Another points deduction and we will be in serious trouble.....oh and can we sign their no19 who's pace and direct play caused us problems all afternoon.

I won't criticize the players given what they are dealing with. I thought Cardwell had a great game, never stopped battling and took his goal well. We were out muscled in the midfield and if fit we should have got Taylor on and move Cav into the middle. Didn't really see why we focussed so heavily on attacking down the left when Mooney was often alone on the right.

The high's and low's of football which is why we all love SUFC so as far as I am concerned the squad and management team can do no wrong (under the circumstances the "rat" has created)
Onwards and upwards........

Fylde were the better team all round. It’s tempting to criticise certain players today - and make no mistake there are a few who deserve it - but you’ve got to take into account the situation atm, and chalk this one up to a bad day at the office.

We won’t get relegated off the back of this result. We’ll get relegated off the back of one rancid, decrepit ****, who’s hell bent on earning a few quid from our demise.

We were out muscled by one of many teams in this division who are far physically stronger than us, Boreham Wood, Woking etc. Our team today looked so lightweight and to have two diminutive players in a back three is asking for trouble against a team with so many big guys in it. So many goals come from free kicks and corners at all levels of football and it is our main weakness both defensively and offensively. We really need to sign some bigger and stronger players if we are ever going to get out of this league even if it means sacrificing some of the skilful aspects of our game. What a shame that was today especially after the fantastically supported protest that I was pleased to take part in.

Back